LL Cool J goes in on DJ Akademiks for calling pioneers broke and dusty

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You lasted 13 minutes and 41 seconds more than me.

The video shouldn’t been 10 seconds or long enough to say, “I’m sorry I was wrong, disrespectful and dismissive of of Hip Hop’s pioneers and for that I apologize“ and that’s it.

^^^^

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Slick Rick is Jamaican
Doug E Fresh is Bajan

Hip hop started in one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse places in the entire country. The idea that all or even most of the pioneers were ADOS is laughable.

Just off the top of my head I know that Kool Herc's people are from Jamaica, Krs-one's people are from Trinidad and Slick Rick's folks are from the UK. Don't know everybody else's background, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.

Don't even get me started on Shock G or the Beastie Boys

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LL is 100% correct!

Bitch nikkas like AK used the suffering that the people before him went through to get there and doesn't acknowledge that, he's a true bitch nigga to the core, they get money and brag and call others broke and dusty, they worship cac mentality and don't give respect to the people who brokedance on the street for free in the 70s who ended up in jail or beat up by cops for doing nothing, he's a true bitch nigga who has no respect for anyone who ain't caked up.

What's funny is we never hear white artist talk like this, tons of white artists from back in the day ended up on drugs, died, all types of stuff and we don't know because the new artist will never disrespect them, they don't call them broke and bums, true bitch nigga mentality.

Big reason I say we'll never get ahead without structure and family, repartations will come and go and we'll be in the same spot, we'll take cac money and floss and buy cars and cacs will open businesses to get all those funds right back that they gave us.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
once he started talking loud at @14:00

I was out.

I see AK's point and he has a point but that's just how it is people look after self most of times but the new hustle is criticizing people so I get it. He has a point though, alot of people don't care just care about getting theirs.

He's on track to be a republican pretty soon, the talking points are beginning to line up.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I'm listening to Akademiks response and he's talking about the older artists not being smart. It's not that they weren't smart it's that they didn't have the power of the internet has given artist power they didn't have before.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Jerry Mouse looking muthafucka has no idea his response is only going to make things worse. Apologize and shut the fuck up. Your explanation is not needed. See he records in safety and is NEVER out and about so he feels safe saying silly shit. But money finds niggas all the time. If Russel Simmons came out of seclusion to address this shit you creeping into dangerous territory.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Some of those pioneers AK is dissing are Caribbean....not sure why everybody is acting like he is just dissing ADOS...I'm gonna say it again, soon there will be a movement to remove New York as the birthplace of hip hop...New York has too many inconvenient truths for the people pushing a certain agenda

christop

Rising Star
Registered
He's a Trump supporter
I know and an uninformed one. The main reason he supports Trump is the stock market. What he doesn't realize is the market was crashing under Trump also but Trump had the Fed dump billions into the market to prop it up artificially.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
why would anyone be surprised young brothers like this are making these comments.... can we say truthfully, we did a good job in making sure people eat in hip hop

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wild disrespectful. Ive defended this guy before but he needs to be humbled. Shitting on those who created the genre that has made him rich is disgraceful.
Yeah, I agree, I've followed him, but I didn't he was that disrespectful to the founders of hip hop. Makes me think differently about him now.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Okay explain how these other cultures created hip hop. There are black Americans rapping on video from the 1940s. Graffiti began with a black American. There are videos of black Americans breakdancing in the 1930s.

So how have these other cultures created any portion of hip hop? Give me examples.

If you're going to use that silly Noah's ark video as part of your argument we're already off to a bad start.

Those brothers with the bad teeth weren't rapping. They were talking over music. Something people have been doing all over the world since there was music.

The difference is that the pioneers of hip hop created a genre that was entirely based on talking over music. A genre where the goal was talking better than the last guy did. That's the part that had never been done before.

As other posters have pointed out very few of these pioneers can trace both sides of their family back to America before 1865. Therefore most do not qualify for this ridiculous ADOS group.

So what part did they invent? They had a hand it all of it!

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Slick Rick is from the UK by way of the Bronx
Doug E Fresh is from Harlem

Akademiks isn't a DJ nor is he the owner of that dead clothing brand,he's just a blogger that's from the middle of America with an opinion.I never understood why people get so out of shape about what he says.....

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Akademiks isn't a DJ nor is he the owner of that dead clothing brand,he's just a blogger that's from the middle of America with an opinion.I never understood why people get so out of shape about what he says.....
He’s from Queens and hides in a basement. I’ve never heard of him being anywhere outside. He’s a typical incel faggot. Does he even like women? Has he ever been seen anywhere in NYC

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He’s from Queens and hides in a basement. I’ve never heard of him being anywhere outside. He’s a typical incel faggot. Does he even like women? Has he ever been seen anywhere in NYC
I thought he's from Indiana.... again he could of made that up.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nigga still doesnt get it. Kid is feeling himself way too heavy. Back in my day someone from NY woulda smacked him out by now.. Its like new york been soft ever since Snoop came thru and crushed the buildings.
Dude is a homebody nig surrounded by security.. you act like this nig is outside.. if he didn’t get popular on social media he prob be on bgol talking about how black women arent shit cause they don’t mess with regular looking guys like him and how he got a passport and gets more love from poverty hoes cause he pays them

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
If you're going to use that silly Noah's ark video as part of your argument we're already off to a bad start.

Those brothers with the bad teeth weren't rapping. They were talking over music. Something people have been doing all over the world since there was music.

The difference is that the pioneers of hip hop created a genre that was entirely based on talking over music. A genre where the goal was talking better than the last guy did. That's the part that had never been done before.

As other posters have pointed out very few of these pioneers can trace both sides of their family back to America before 1865. Therefore most do not qualify for this ridiculous ADOS group.

So what part did they invent? They had a hand it all of it!

Pigmeat Markam was rhyming in the 1960s. Hip hop comes out of the expression of black American struggles such as the blues.

None of these other groups were rapping in their countries.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Pigmeat Markam was rhyming in the 1960s. Hip hop comes out of the expression of black American struggles such as the blues.

None of these other groups were rapping in their countries.

If you're ready to call Pigmeat Markam a rapper then perhaps I could introduce you to this "MC" that came out a few years earlier.

Now go ahead and tell me why Pigmeat Markam is a rapper and Jimmy Dean isn't.

Got another one for you that's even older than that.