LL Cool J goes in on DJ Akademiks for calling pioneers broke and dusty

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It confuses me how Ak has gained such a voice in the culture.
Dude is such a pain in the ass your right. :smh:

GWJXwN.jpg

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
He’s a foreigner how can he relate? Parasites from other countries who come here don’t respect or have gratitude for anything.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Met LL Cool J at JFK airport 30 years ago and he was the most disrespectful cunt I ever met.
I never looked at him the same again. He literally thought he was too good to speak to a commoner.

Good to see that life has humbled him. I agree with his points.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does being a foreigner have to do with anything? That is his personal opinion and he is commenting on a music that his country created.
So he aint foreign to rap music. It was created by his people.
He’s a foreigner how can he relate? Parasites from other countries who come here don’t respect or have gratitude for anything.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
On 1 hand, Akademiks is up there with Vlad and Adam22 as some of the worst culture vultures in hip hop. On another hand, this is on the pioneers as well for not gatekeeping along with the ones that sold out to corporate interests

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
On 1 hand, Akademiks is up there with Vlad and Adam22 as some of the worst culture vultures in hip hop. On another hand, this is on the pioneers as well for not gatekeeping along with the ones that sold out to corporate interests
How did LL sell out? He literally snuck in a FUBU line on a GAP commercial. FOH

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kool J and icon artists of his generation have made a damn good living for the past 40 years. Let's see where this flash in the pan DJaka... is in ten years. Gotta have put in the work and maintained for more than a week to be able to talk shit and have it mean more than just shit. :hmm:

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They measure shit to much on material shit and demand respect they haven't earned, how many of them have had a complete hit record and not just one or two songs or features.
on top of that.....some of these lil crackbabies will either try to identify with and defend this dude or straight up co-sign

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
wasn't even referring to LL specifically but the pioneers as a collective. already had this discussion with @Dannyblueyes in a diff thread but the reality is if you don't keep corporate America out of a subculture, it becomes mainstream and commercialized and many vultures will come in to exploit. Happens over and over to ever subculture that became mainstream

How did LL sell out? He literally snuck in a FUBU line on a GAP commercial. FOH

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Met LL Cool J at JFK airport 30 years ago and he was the most disrespectful cunt I ever met.
I never looked at him the same again. He literally thought he was too good to speak to a commoner.

Good to see that life has humbled him. I agree with his points.
So many brothers were never blessed with 30 years to mature and grow. You quoting bars from 87 to try and denigrate a point made in 2022, you hoarded poor feelings for a stranger because he wasn't friendly in one of the worst airports in the country 3 decades ago. You need to have a by yourself meeting and get some critical answers as to how much growth and development you're making in your life over the last 24 hours-24 years. At your big age you shouldn't still be salty about someone not wanting to sign your discman in the airport.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
And to be fair altho disrespectful
What has golden era done for old rappers
They were shitting on them too

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
And to be fair altho disrespectful
What has golden era done for old rappers
They were shitting on them too
How so?
The Golden Era was directly after the old school on wax era. (Flash, Mel, CC4, Treacherous, etc.)
Old school was watching themselves being replaced.
If anything, I feel like Golden Era MC's went at any disrespectful older MC's the right way......by battling. Battling, not making money the sole value.

Melle Mel vs Mikey D.
LL vs Kool Moe Dee
KRS vs Mel (disputed intent)
There are more, but I can't remember right now.