LL Cool J goes in on DJ Akademiks for calling pioneers broke and dusty

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LL & Ak are arguing two different things and I agree with both perspectives.

This reminds me of when Ice -T talked shit about Soulja Boy and Soulja Boy clapped back.

Young niggas are perpetually angry at old niggas because older Black men usually don't own and control anything that young niggas can inherit, plus daddy issues, etc.

Ak wasn't criticizing the old heads musical contributions to hip-hop, he was criticizing their lack of passing on resoucres and business knowledge about the industry to the younger generation. There is some truth to that. But not entirely true.

No offense, but you sound like a Trump supporter trying to bend and twist why it's okay to have top secret documents at a damn Florida resort.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
HE ABSOLUTELY clarified the point on his twitch, he spent 40 minutes explaining it AND on the breakfast club where he spent an hour and a half explaining it, so I GOT his point.

YOU are misinformed obviously, and you need to shut up talking to me, cuz I'm done talking to you.
No, he didn't. All he did was talk shit and then tried to make up some bullshit to justify his previous statement. The old heads don't owe him shit too. So that is a mute point. Like I said, entitled.

I don't have to do shit. And I'm still talking. You can leave like a bish if you want. That's your prerogative.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Toya-Johnson-DJ-Akademiks-Reginae-Carter-Ice-Cream-Convos.jpg

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Love what he said, there were unwritten rules! You had to write your own shyt. Today you'll see a bunch of people with credits to a song EXCEPT the person signing.

You never see this shyt happening in rock! Nobody bad mouths Paul McCartney calling him dusty. Nobody goes in on Mick Jagger and they're glorified THIEVES!!! Our pioneers created break beats, chops and loops and an entire culture...they get treated like grandpa at the old folks home. ANY time that motherfcuker talks every response needs to be "Jerry Mouse"!
Screen_Shot_2017-11-17_at_2.52.34_PM_uauzxp.jpg

Fcuk this piece of shyt, now I am all pissed off again.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Love what he said, there were unwritten rules! You had to write your own shyt. Today you'll see a bunch of people with credits to a song EXCEPT the person signing.

You never see this shyt happening in rock! Nobody bad mouths Paul McCartney calling him dusty. Nobody goes in on Mick Jagger and they're glorified THIEVES!!! Our pioneers created break beats, chops and loops and an entire culture...they get treated like grandpa at the old folks home. ANY time that motherfcuker talks every response needs to be "Jerry Mouse"!

The part that is truly passing me off?

Is how he trying to tap dance backtrack and act like he was saying something so deep we all missed it

Like now his BRILLIANT comments will hopefully spark a wave of admiration for the forefathers

Like HE DID THAT

INTENTIONALLY

And it's US who are to blame for anything bad that happens to our legends

And assholes like vlad and Charlemagne actually tried to promote and spread that bullsh*t attemp to flip his trash to save his skin

This fool is a complete waste of space.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The part that is truly passing me off?

Is how he trying to tap dance backtrack and act like he was saying something so deep we all missed it

Like now his BRILLIANT comments will hopefully spark a wave of admiration for the forefathers

Like HE DID THAT

INTENTIONALLY

And it's US who are to blame for anything bad that happens to our legends

And assholes like vlad and Charlemagne actually tried to promote and spread that bullsh*t attemp to flip his trash to save his skin

This fool is a complete waste of space.

The sad thing is 30 years ago this fool would have got beat up by now and we would have never heard from him again. Today he'll date a some Instagram floozy and people will forget all about it.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I aint mad at em they are just talking from their inexperienced perspective..

Truth be told, folks like akademiks dont realize they are going to be

in for a big wake up call, they getting fast money, and unless

they incorporate discipline they are going to be in for a rude awakening,

look how young dude is, and look at his shape..

all that money and free time he has and he looks like THAT...

thats what todays fast money will do to you... distract you

from whats really important...

there is this guy called andrew tate, who is really a lowkey,

depressed individual, but what he says about these social media

stars is true, they got all this money, and they cant even get a chick

without paying for the pussy...

they got all that money and NO groupies.. kniggas back in the day,

he calling dusty DIDNT HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS. they all

had groupies and didnt have to go tricking...

akademics stay trickin and lowkey beggin woman

to accept him for what he is,

he already showing signs of alcoholism and depression..

which is why he has to look down on other people

to feel good about himself..

he should worry less about Hip Hops Pioneers and

who all got jerked because they had NO idea what a

contract was and the power misusing their signature

would have on them..

he needs to worry about his physical and mental health....

and finding chicks that like him for him...

aint nothing wrong with trickin, but he aint neva

had a ho telling him she would be willin to leave

the game and be loyal to him..

every chick he fucked got zero respect for him...

How you a millionaire and cant get no respect for hoes..??

Ill tell you why, because you can fool hoes,

they are not attracted to low self esteem having kniggas,

and money and designer clothes dont change the fact

you a low self esteem having muthafucka..

I aint even mad at him.. I love seein my people do well financially,

but so much more to life then just doing well financially..

and if he dont change he is going to find out the hard way..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The sad thing is 30 years ago this fool would have got beat up by now and we would have never heard from him again. Today he'll date a some Instagram floozy and people will forget all about it.

Yup

He figured out the game and the algorithm

On that?

He a real smart man.

But if I have to be a sucker to do it?

Nah homie you can have that.

But I DO hope the legends and the current hip hop artists unite and get some type of financial support from the culture.

But I HATE that Ak will even TRY to take any credit for it.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup

He figured out the game and the algorithm

On that?

He a real smart man.

But if I have to be a sucker to do it?

Nah homie you can have that.

But I DO hope the legends and the current hip hop artists unite and get some type of financial support from the culture.

But I HATE that Ak will even TRY to take any credit for it.

What would a label ran by Kool DJ Herc. A production company ran by DJ Red Alert. A publishing company ran by Melle Mel and an agency ran by Grandmaster Caz look like? Truly a For Us By Us!

Last edited: