LL Cool J goes in on DJ Akademiks for calling pioneers broke and dusty

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Dude is a homebody nig surrounded by security.. you act like this nig is outside.. if he didn’t get popular on social media he prob be on bgol talking about how black women arent shit cause they don’t mess with regular looking guys like him and how he got a passport and gets more love from poverty hoes cause he pays them
Quiet as kept roc nation was providing his security. That might be changing as I type

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
If you're ready to call Pigmeat Markam a rapper then perhaps I could introduce you to this "MC" that came out a few years earlier.

Now go ahead and tell me why Pigmeat Markam is a rapper and Jimmy Dean isn't.

Got another one for you that's even older than that.

If you're ready to call Pigmeat Markam a rapper then perhaps I could introduce you to this "MC" that came out a few years earlier.

Now go ahead and tell me why Pigmeat Markam is a rapper and Jimmy Dean isn't.

Got another one for you that's even older than that.

These cats are fba/Ados came before all those other clowns who imitated them. They were rhyming in 1945 before people heard of some Jimmy Dean or that other dude.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
These cats are fba/Ados came before all those other clowns who imitated them. They were rhyming in 1945 before people heard of some Jimmy Dean or that other dude.

The Tex Ritter song came out in 1947. With the way that music was distributed back then it might as well have been the same day.

My point is none of those folks were rappers. Not Pigmeat, Tex, Jimmy, or even that guy who did the monster mash.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's the new generations fault we got Akademics and Vlad and Adam. Our reporters actually had to go outside. Our reporters and radio hosts actually got beat up for coming with some bullshit. Soft punk bitches like AK and Vlad only survive because they don't have to go outside to get their content. Rick Ross beat Vlads ass back when vlad was on BGOL almost ran that dude out of hip hop. If it wasn't for the internet none of this soft shit would be going on. How can a hip hop reporter fix their face to disrespect the dude who created the business of hip hop. Matter of fact if Vlads wack ass ain't get his ass beat by Rick Ross he probably doesn't have the settelement he used to start Vladtv. So maybe that's the gameplan of the trolls. Talk shit until you get your ass beat sue then get enough money to hide behind the internet and private security.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This whole situation in a nutshell:
tom-and-jerry-teasing.gif

Akademiks when he mocked early HipHop pioneers.

CapitalBlueDutchshepherddog-max-1mb.gif

LL calling Akademiks out and telling him; "C'mere son & have a seat".

tom-and-jerry-tongue.gif

LL "schooling" Akademiks on how the world really works and how he owes HIS ENTIRE SUCCESS to the early pioneers of HipHop.

tom-and-jerry-jerry-the-mouse.gif

Akademiks now completely embarassed and publicly humiliated by his own stupidity, his ignorance and his own lack of knowledge, understanding and appreciation.
:giggle:
PRREEEEEEEEEEEETTY MUCH!

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
A little off topic, but I'm waiting for a middle school gym to clear out so I can set up for a homecoming dance. Right now they have a bunch of 5-year-olds in there playing musical chairs. One of the songs they used was a Kidz bop version of "The Breaks".

Still can't decide whether that is the best or worst thing that's ever happened to hip hop.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I told ya'll he ain't learn shit. He reminds me of the guy in school who talks a gang of shit but runs a fucking sub 4 second 40 so you can't get your hands on him. Until that 1 day you steal on his ass and savor every second of violence you can inflict. It's coming, and its gonna be a sight to behold.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
LL & Ak are arguing two different things and I agree with both perspectives.

This reminds me of when Ice -T talked shit about Soulja Boy and Soulja Boy clapped back.

Young niggas are perpetually angry at old niggas because older Black men usually don't own and control anything that young niggas can inherit, plus daddy issues, etc.

Ak wasn't criticizing the old heads musical contributions to hip-hop, he was criticizing their lack of passing on resoucres and business knowledge about the industry to the younger generation. There is some truth to that. But not entirely true.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor

This reminds me of when Ice -T talked shit about Soulja Boy and Soulja Boy clapped back.

Young niggas are perpetually angry at old niggas because older Black men usually don't own and control anything that young niggas can inherit, plus daddy issues, etc.

Ak wasn't criticizing the old heads musical contributions to hip-hop, he was criticizing their lack of passing on resoucres and business knowledge about the industry to the younger generation. There is some truth to that. But not entirely true.
Now this is some alternative facts shit about what DJ AK actually said. AK has a history of bullshit as statement to get attention, and he got it, fuck him and what he believes.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn someone should’ve been waiting outside that station

on another note, if they stop giving him a platform he will disappear
That’s not true. Social media is built for cultivating your own following. Even if that person never comes across your timeline they could still have a large which is exactly what Ak has built. That’s why canceling dont mean shit.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DJ Akademiks Was Wrong For Calling Hip-Hop’s Pioneers 'Dusty'

Recently, during one of his streams on T2witch, a live streaming service, Akademiks said, “Them old rappers, man. Have you seen any of these old rappers who be like, yo, they’re the foundation of Hip Hop really living good? Them niggas be looking really dusty, I kid you not. And none of y’all try to come for me ’cause I don’t fuck with y’all niggas either, so I’m just telling y’all the truth.”

He continued, “Every time there be like an old, old nigga talking about Hip Hop, you be like, ‘Yo, bro. You sure you invented this? ‘Cause everybody else is looking better than you.’ Facts!”

It appears he was referring to the gentlemen from the South Bronx, who were being interviewed on YouTube by Michael Wayne tv (they are discussing events in the early 1970s).

Last edited:

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
This DJ Akademiks dude talks too much. He’s gonna be another statistic. He acts like nobody won’t catch him when social media Id off.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

He didn't say any of that and that's like asking a slave why didn't he break off some of the land deeds. Record companies didn't give us shit from jump and it was a process. He's just an entitled brat that thinks money is the be all of life.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean in what context was he saying it in..

I understand what he was saying but his choice of words

are the type that get beta males pulled up on...

He is waaay to click baitish with his choice of words....

he dont have the clout to say anything about the pioneers of rap...

they DID do em dirty tho.

the fucked up shit is, many of the folks who did them dirty looked

just like them...but when them jews saw that rap money..

they bumrushed the game...

damon dash was too busy getting drunk 24 hours a day seven days a week,

he aint even see it coming... and by today standards of rap mogul

many would consider damon "dusty"

I would love to see him call damon dusty....

damon would pull up and have jerry the mouse

crying in fear...

lol

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DJ Akademiks Was Wrong For Calling Hip-Hop’s Pioneers 'Dusty'

Recently, during one of his streams on T2witch, a live streaming service, Akademiks said, “Them old rappers, man. Have you seen any of these old rappers who be like, yo, they’re the foundation of Hip Hop really living good? Them niggas be looking really dusty, I kid you not. And none of y’all try to come for me ’cause I don’t fuck with y’all niggas either, so I’m just telling y’all the truth.”

He continued, “Every time there be like an old, old nigga talking about Hip Hop, you be like, ‘Yo, bro. You sure you invented this? ‘Cause everybody else is looking better than you.’ Facts!”

It appears he was referring to the gentlemen from the South Bronx, who were being interviewed on YouTube by Michael Wayne tv (there are discussing events in the early 1970s).

akademics suffers from depression, people who suffer from depression

project and lash out their inner depression all the time.

He was probably jealous of their zest for life..

because he definitely doesnt have it!!!

I dont think he ever had pussy that he didnt have to negotiate

the money up front..

dude never felt real love from a chick bruh...

not good for a dude to go into his thirties and forties and never experience that...

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
As you saw... he got Lenard FIRMLY in his corner.

He safe

bit we will see how long these lovefest will last
Saw this on another page about this interview

DJ Wise

D.j. Tariq Nelson IMO, it was a half hearted apology because #1. He kept spinning the conversation instead of taking FULL accountability and #2. Charlemagne Tha God is Akademiks' mentor so he & DJ

Envy kinda let him off the hook at times & gave him wiggle room when he was double talking. I don't think he would've gotten points off with a different host interviweing him. Because of his relationship with CT, Akademiks was less defensive/combative than usual & articulating his perspective clearer (with less jerk persona sarcasm). Akademiks to his credit, his tone was more humble than usual -- he knows he messed up even tho he didn't fully admit it) !! And as Akademiks pointed out, the positive which can possibly come out of this is creating meaningful dialog & bridging the gap between generations.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
He didn't say any of that and that's like asking a slave why didn't he break off some of the land deeds. Record companies didn't give us shit from jump and it was a process. He's just an entitled brat that thinks money is the be all of life.

After listening objectively without being all in my feelings like a bunch of estrogen-filled old men, I heard loud and clear what he meant when he said "broke and dusty". What he's saying is not illogical.

At the end of the day though, it's all exploitation by the system of white supremacy. If we are to ever overcome that we have to collectively become way smarter. We can't do that with constant infighting and withholding information.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Somebody needs to fuck this dude up for the disrespect. In every genre from music, sports even regular jobs the shit that exists today didn't exist when a lot of older people were coming through. This dude needs to thank an old head every time he see them for paving the way for his dumb ass but that would just be the right thing tom do.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Saw this on another page about this interview

DJ Wise

D.j. Tariq Nelson IMO, it was a half hearted apology because #1. He kept spinning the conversation instead of taking FULL accountability and #2. Charlemagne Tha God is Akademiks' mentor so he & DJ

Envy kinda let him off the hook at times & gave him wiggle room when he was double talking. I don't think he would've gotten points off with a different host interviweing him. Because of his relationship with CT, Akademiks was less defensive/combative than usual & articulating his perspective clearer (with less jerk persona sarcasm). Akademiks to his credit, his tone was more humble than usual -- he knows he messed up even tho he didn't fully admit it) !! And as Akademiks pointed out, the positive which can possibly come out of this is creating meaningful dialog & bridging the gap between generations.
'Bridging the gap' between generations always means young niggas don't have to learn anything or admit to fault about anything they do/say.

Let's be honest, young dudes don't want to hear SHIT anybody older has to say. If they did, they wouldn't be dancing around like fakkits, wearing girls clothes and exuding so much feminine energy.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
After listening objectively without being all in my feelings like a bunch of estrogen-filled old men, I heard loud and clear what he meant when he said "broke and dusty". What he's saying is not illogical.

At the end of the day though, it's all exploitation by the system of white supremacy. If we are to ever overcome that we have to collectively become way smarter. We can't do that with constant infighting and withholding information.
It has nothing to do with estrogen. It's disrespect. Nice try to shame though. You don't know what he meant because you are not him. All we have is the words he said. And he never clarified the point you tried to make for him in his followup. You are just making excuses with no proof.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
It has nothing to do with estrogen. It's disrespect. Nice try to shame though. You don't know what he meant because you are not him. All we have is the words he said. And he never clarified the point you tried to make for him in his followup. You are just making excuses with no proof.

HE ABSOLUTELY clarified the point on his twitch, he spent 40 minutes explaining it AND on the breakfast club where he spent an hour and a half explaining it, so I GOT his point.

YOU are misinformed obviously, and you need to shut up talking to me, cuz I'm done talking to you.