Little Richard, Founding Father of Rock Who Broke Musical Barriers, Dead at 87

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
First Roy Horn(of Siegfried & Roy fame) now Little Richard..R.I.P to both,and fuck COVID 19 & cancer(respective causes of death for the former and latter)

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
87 a dam good life..r.i.p. to the innovator originator and legend. thanks for all that you have done king

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
About 6 or so years ago I was going to Fogo De Chao with my wife in downtown Atlanta. We pulled up To the valet and I got out and got the ticket from the guy and walked around to help the wife get out. I noticed 3 people standing by the side waiting for their car. I looked at the older gentleman and just kinda muttered ”damn he looks like Little Richard”. Almost instantly he said that’s funny cause I am Little Richard. My wife was slack jawed realizing it was really him. He didn’t look like the Richard we all knew,his hair was cut real short and it was peppered with grey. He had a cane and was unshaven but you could see it was him. I said it was a pleasure to meet him and I loved his music. He thanked me for the compliment and introduced his son and his lady friend. They got into a black SUV and he said have a great night and God Bless You. He was very gracious and kind. I’m so saddened of his passing. 2020 is a bitch year. One side note about Richard was how he told the story of him being almost broke and he got a call from Michael Jackson who told him he had bought all his records and was giving him his masters to ALL his recordings. ATV\Sony estimated his records were worth 750k per year in publishing rights. So he lived out his life without financial problems thanks to MJ.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WHAT!?!?!? Say it isn't so. RIP to the legend who gave everyone the sauce when it came to RocknRoll, Pop, etc the list goes on and on.

TUTTI FRUTTI FOREVER!!!

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
About 6 or so years ago I was going to Fogo De Chao with my wife in downtown Atlanta. We pulled up To the valet and I got out and got the ticket from the guy and walked around to help the wife get out. I noticed 3 people standing by the side waiting for their car. I looked at the older gentleman and just kinda muttered ”damn he looks like Little Richard”. Almost instantly he said that’s funny cause I am Little Richard. My wife was slack jawed realizing it was really him. He didn’t look like the Richard we all knew,his hair was cut real short and it was peppered with grey. He had a cane and was unshaven but you could see it was him. I said it was a pleasure to meet him and I loved his music. He thanked me for the compliment and introduced his son and his lady friend. They got into a black SUV and he said have a great night and God Bless You. He was very gracious and kind. I’m so saddened of his passing. 2020 is a bitch year. One side note about Richard was how he told the story of him being almost broke and he got a call from Michael Jackson who told him he had bought all his records and was giving him his masters to ALL his recordings. ATV\Sony estimated his records were worth 750k per year in publishing rights. So he lived out his life without financial problems thanks to MJ.
Great story. Thank you for sharing.