Lil' Wayne's mom asked him for a grandchild when he was 14?!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Lil Wayne Reveals His Mother Asked Him For A Grandchild At 14 During Emotional Black Music Collective Acceptance Speech (msn.com)

Lil Wayne Reveals His Mother Asked Him For A Grandchild At 14 During Emotional Black Music Collective Acceptance Speech

Rapper Lil Wayne revealed that his mother asked him to have a baby at 14, and fans have mixed feelings about it. Lil Wayne, whose legal name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., told the story during his speech accepting the Global Impact Award presented by the Recording Academy’s Black Music Collective during Grammy weekend. During his emotional speech, Wayne recalled stories of his mother, Jacinda Carter. He told fans that his mother asked him for a grandchild to keep her from being lonely while he was on the road.

With tears in his eyes, Wayne relived the moment as the audience listened.

“I walked into my mama’s room when I was 14,” he said as reported by Hot New Hip Hop. “She asked me for a kid because my dad was killed. And her son had just blew up and went on his first tour, and we did not know that b***h was going to be six months.

He continued, “When I came home she said, ‘Son, I can’t live in this house by myself. We’re going to have to figure something out.” Wayne ended that portion of the speech with, “I’d like to thank Antonia Johnson. I’d like to thank every single one of my kids and every single one of their mothers.”

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His mother wanted a child from him; however Lil Wayne's girlfriend Toya was already six months pregnant at the time so everything worked out.

Last edited: