You say it's not a country song

The artist says it's a country song
The charts
The people
Just not you lol

So yeah

I'm not arguing facts ain't no alternative facts going on

That's the end of it.
The music industry says otherwise. The song is listed as Rap or “”Rap Country” whatever the hell that is.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The old I’m selling so I’m good excuse. That’s the lamest , weakest , sorriest excuse known to man. Vanilla Ice sold 21 million records too.
If it's stupid, but it works, it isn't stupid.

Colin Powell

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But I'm saying though, that argument that cuts both ways.

And Vanilla Ice's song still gets played in commercials, movies, clubs etc...

I believe the issue lies with listeners thinking something is of quality because it is popular. When someone says an artist isn't good, and the response is about sales, that says nothing about the artist's talents. Sales just mean it's popular...how many of us can name something that is insanely popular but is straight garbage? The Bachelor, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Fast and Furious movies(yeah I like them, but they are shitty fucking movies), Madden videogames...so much shit puts up good sales but that has nothing to do with it being good.

Dave East's comments were about the lyrics, and nothing to do with how many people downloaded it. People are narrative switching assholes when they have some interest invested in a product.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dave East's comments were about the lyrics, and nothing to do with how many people downloaded it. People are narrative switching assholes when they have some interest invested in a product.
You make a good point.

With that being said, if it is true what you say then David East’s analysis of Lil Nas’ song is severely flawed. He used a common hip hop standard (lyrics) to classify a song as wack or good when it is apparently NOT a hip hop song. It is a Country song. Lol.

In that case all country music is wack by his standards and probably by the rest of ours. When we look at the worthiness of all genres through the prism of hip hop (lyrics) then they may all fall short.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He used a common hip hop standard (lyrics) to classify a song as wack or good when it is apparently NOT a hip hop song. It is a Country song. Lol.

Let's stop playing this game. It is a country song with heavy rap elements. The only song I can think of that can be argued is Walk This Way because it's equal parts rap and rock. You can stand in one genre and lean heavy in another...which is exactly what that "country" song is...a rap some with some twang.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/21/lil-...-old-town-road-postmates-maserati-sports-car/

0521-lil-nas-x-billy-ray-cyrus-2.jpg

DCMC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Pastor Troy has some thoughts on Lil Nas X and his outfit at the Grammy Awards.
On Wednesday (Jan. 29), the Atlanta rapper opened up on social media about his feelings toward the sparkly pink cowboy outfit that Nas X wore to the awards on Sunday (Jan. 26)–and they weren't kind. In a lengthy Instagram post, Troy said that he feels "they" are attacking Black masculinity and cited the openly-gay Nas X's outfit as well as an Applebee's commercial as his examples.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree. Just because this cat wear a gay outfit aint taking nothing away from my masculinity. It's not like Hollywood putting a STRAIGHT Black man in a dress. This cat just gay. Let the gays be gay, more pussy for the straight men.

I think he's alluding to the high visibility of certain Black males as being front and center of some type of gay public awareness media movement.

I'm not sure his brand of entertainment was was any better for Black males to emulate.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I disagree. Just because this cat wear a gay outfit aint taking nothing away from my masculinity. It's not like Hollywood putting a STRAIGHT Black man in a dress. This cat just gay. Let the gays be gay, more pussy for the straight men.

do u think old time road or whatever that shit is called deserved all of the airtime and awards it got?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Outfit looks like something Prince would have worn 35 years ago.

"But I could get away with it
cause I wasn't gay!!! "

Imagine being so bothered by gay shit, that you have to run to your social media pages to post a picture of the gay shit that bothered you in the first place....
reminds me of a zillion posts and replies here... :dunno:

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered
some of what he says is right. young kids growing up watching 2 men or 2 women kiss gonna think that shit ok. You cant explain that shit to a 4 year old. and for years, dudes been doing gay shit to get where they are in terms of entertainment. nothing new

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I still don't understand why it matters to people who somebody else is fucking. I doubt those same people would want their bedroom activities exposed. Or better yet their browser history.

If we lived in a world free of std's and life-threatening bacteria, I wouldn't understand why it matters to people who somebody else is fucking.

But that's not the world we live in. And it goes beyond fucking into lifestyle, which also is of concern, especially for your loved ones.