Lil nas X shit

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are we not talking about hip hop here? Riding on a horse jump in my Porsche blah blah blah. Wheres the bottom here? Y’all always on here calling shit I post wack but big up this shit. Why? It makes zero sense to me. So this isn’t wack now? Y’all like Thotiana too? Because that shit sucks dick

You right, that shit is not hip hop it is country. Through and through. I'm not gonna say this is my favorite rap song, it's my favorite country song by far though, lol.

LMAO, that thotiana shit is gabbage! The best thing that came from the 'Thotiana' track is all the better artists rhyming over it!
But if for some reason if we did count 'Old Town Road' as hip hop, then I would agree that it's not a very good track and the idea of it would be whack to me.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
You right, that shit is not hip hop it is country. Through and through. I'm not gonna say this is my favorite rap song, it's my favorite country song by far though, lol.

LMAO, that thotiana shit is gabbage! The best thing that came from the 'Thotiana' track is all the better artists rhyming over it!
But if for some reason if we did count 'Old Town Road' as hip hop, then I would agree that it's not a very good track and the idea of it would be whack to me.
But that’s the thing, ole town road is a hip hop song. Wack but it’s hiphop. It’s a trap beat, dude is rap/singing like everybody else now days and it has a hook with singing. Just because he put a hick twang to be funny on his voice don’t mean this isn't hiphop.

Regarding Thotiana the same applies, y’all pick and chose based on what you like. It’s like nobody is allowed to call shit wack anymore or you’re a “hater” . Shits fucking ridiculous.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But that’s the thing, ole town road is a hip hop song. Wack but it’s hiphop. It’s a trap beat, dude is rap/singing like everybody else now days and it has a hook with singing. Just because he put a hick twang to be funny on his voice don’t mean this isn't hiphop.

Regarding Thotiana the same applies, y’all pick and chose based on what you like. It’s like nobody is allowed to call shit wack anymore or you’re a “hater” . Shits fucking ridiculous.

Why is it Hip Hop? Who says? You can be the president, the Pope, and my Mom tryna convince me that shit is chocolate. That doesn't make it that. Old Town Road is country. It is Country aside from the beat having a bit of a hip hop/trap element to it. If you close your eyes and imagine him being white and doing this (kid rock) the shit would be considered Country and still be on the Country billboard charts.

And your right, mad shit is opinionated now, doesn't mean the facts don't exist though. just means people rather deal with fantasy than reality. Blueface spits nothing but whackness over that Thotiana track. If anyone tells you they like it, I would assume it was for the beat and popular cultural reference. Not for his rhymes. Still would mean they like a overall whack song.

I like the film Troll 2, doesn't make it a masterpiece, or underrated. I just happen to like a whack ass film. People can't just say that though, they feel the need to be accepted or not made fun of for their preferences

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Why is it Hip Hop? Who says? You can be the president, the Pope, and my Mom tryna convince me that shit is chocolate. That doesn't make it that. Old Town Road is country. It is Country aside from the beat having a bit of a hip hop/trap element to it. If you close your eyes and imagine him being white and doing this (kid rock) the shit would be considered Country and still be on the Country billboard charts.

And your right, mad shit is opinionated now, doesn't mean the facts don't exist though. just means people rather deal with fantasy than reality. Blueface spits nothing but whackness over that Thotiana track. If anyone tells you they like it, I would assume it was for the beat and popular cultural reference. Not for his rhymes. Still would mean they like a overall whack song.

I like the film Troll 2, doesn't make it a masterpiece, or underrated. I just happen to like a whack ass film. People can't just say that though, they feel the need to be accepted or not made fun of for their preferences
Only a deaf person would say that’s not hiphop. Country doesn’t accept that shit . That production is all TR 808 with a guitar over over it. If Garth Brooks came out with that all y’all would say he’s doing hiphop now?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Hold on... Why can't someone NOT like it and not have it be a problem?

Because art is subjective
So if you don't like it that's fine and if you don't like it for reasons that don't indict it that's fine too.

Because then it becomes lay out what is the problem with it in the grand scheme of things and why isn't it allowed it's singular creative space like everyone else has?

And it also becomes who's the authority of what's good and what's not and the answer is truly nobody

The great thing about music especially is if you don't like it the song or genre then you can just not listen to it

You can say yea I don't like this because of this and this and there's nothing to do but respect it

But when you cross over into see this is why x y and z as a whole are an issue then that's just not right

Cause the same shit can be said about everything and has been said about hip hop
And immediately people who like that get defensive as shit

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Black kid made a country Macarena... He'll eat off it and call it a day... Why nigs mad... Dude not taking it serious like he trying to be the best mc alive or trying to grab the torch and be the future of hip hop... Nig made his sharknado , his paranormal activity, his human centipede and now he gonna take his ball and go home once the hype disappear

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dave East is getting the most publicity he's had in a year over this but yeah he's a hater but that's the only way he can stay relevant he mad he doesn't get any airplay on radio or satellite radio
I dont get the hype with this dude either. It was like i was getting beat over the head with him for a minute with his features and what not. Not knocking him i guess that's just how it works when the machine is pushing you

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only a deaf person would say that’s not hiphop. Country doesn’t accept that shit . That production is all TR 808 with a guitar over over it. If Garth Brooks came out with that all y’all would say he’s doing hiphop now?

Country is not a person. What you have to say is white people don't accept it. And then there's an easy 'why'.. Because they not tryna let a black person shine in their genre. And since when do we let white people dictate to us what something is? The instruments or lack thereof doesn't make something a genre, the sound does. the only 1 thing you can say that makes it trap is 808's. The guitar , and the vocals, and the subject matter is all Country. I beg to differ, if Garth Brooks made this song it would still be on the Country Billboard at#1, still... If it didn't sound Country how did it make it #1 on their atall???

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
LOL at y’all thinking anything with a beat like that is “country” FOH there was nothing Country about this shit.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Country is not a person. What you have to say is white people don't accept it. And then there's an easy 'why'.. Because they not tryna let a black person shine in their genre. And since when do we let white people dictate to us what something is? The instruments or lack thereof doesn't make something a genre, the sound does. the only 1 thing you can say that makes it trap is 808's. The guitar , and the vocals, and the subject matter is all Country. I beg to differ, if Garth Brooks made this song it would still be on the Country Billboard at#1, still... If it didn't sound Country how did it make it #1 on their atall???
Wrong this is not country. Darius Rucker is Black and did real country music. This is not it. Y’all think because he got billy Ray Cyrus and is talking in a fake voice it’s country. So was Nelly’s song he did with Tim McGraw a country song too?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
It wasn't a rap song it was a country song
Limited thinking which these cats are playing into is just because he's rhyming words its rap.
Stop it , almost all country artists rhyme words it’s not about rhyming words . The production on this is nothing but a trap beat. Period. He’s also rapping over a trap beat. How the hell is this a country song? How many country songs have trap beats

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Stop it , almost all country artists rhyme words it’s not about rhyming words . The production on this is nothing but a trap beat. Period. He’s also rapping over a trap beat. How the hell is this a country song? How many country songs have trap beats

A ton. We just don't listen to country
There are country artists who rap.
It's why it went on the country charts in the first place but was too successful so they took it off which caused the backlash

He's literally singing about country shit.
Riding a horse after cheating on his girlfriend cause he wants to get away from it all after being hurt that he hurt her

What rap song is that??????

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I got the horses in the back
Horse tack is attached
Hat is matte black
Got the boots that's black to match
Ridin' on a horse, ha
You can whip your Porsche
I been in the valley
You ain't been up off that porch, now

Ridin' on a tractor
Lean all in my bladder
Cheated on my baby
You can go and ask her

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
D4kx0DhWAAA0DRS.jpg:large

def not a country song

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
A ton. We just don't listen to country
There are country artists who rap.
It's why it went on the country charts in the first place but was too successful so they took it off which caused the backlash

He's literally singing about country shit.
Riding a horse after cheating on his girlfriend cause he wants to get away from it all after being hurt that he hurt her

What rap song is that??????
So if I sing rap with a fake accent about kicking my dog and my cheating wife while wearing cowboy boots over the rough rider anthem it’s country? LOL please

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
So if I sing rap with a fake accent about kicking my dog and my cheating wife while wearing cowboy boots over the rough rider anthem it’s country? LOL please

It's funny you're arguing something that is verfiable fact like you can change that fact lol

It being a country song isn't an opinion
It's a fact