Lil nas X shit

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So all y’all only care about money not the art. Good to know . Might as well go coon out for them checks huh?
Who says its not artistic? And if its art what artistic value does Dave East have when his content is heavily weighted with gangbang hood scum cliched bullshit?

And yes, money is important. Try paying your Concord rent with one of your artistic mixtapes and see how that works out.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Who says its not artistic? And if its art what artistic value does Dave East have when his content is heavily weighted with gangbang hood scum cliched bullshit?

And yes, money is important. Try paying your Concord rent with one of your artistic mixtapes and see how that works out.
Dave’s shit is NOT gangbang hood scum music . You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

I don’t pay rent nor do I live in Concord but nice try. Oh and I’m doing very well, thanks

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

Yeah I don't think Lil Nas song is devoid of artistic merit just cuz it ain't a traditional east coast hip-hop style. Pretty. Crafted song if ya ask me.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So all y’all only care about money not the art. Good to know . Might as well go coon out for them checks huh?
Would you make the Macarena to make 20 million dollars or would you turn it down cause you think every song is suppose to mean something and barely get by?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

There used to be a time when the art mattered just as much as the sales, but it's just a new day. These kids today don't have that, nor really care. Sales and reach mean everything to young artists and fans today. That nuance of respecting the art and culture, while making your money, on a mass scale, died with 90's hip hop unfortunately.

I will say that it's an interesting flip to fuse trap and country, but both genres are awful to my ear, so I can't rock with this music, but to each their own.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
There used to be a time when the art mattered just as much as the sales, but it's just a new day. These kids today don't have that, nor really care. Sales and reach mean everything to young artists and fans today. That nuance of respecting the art and culture, while making your money, on a mass scale, died with 90's hip hop unfortunately.

I will say that it's an interesting flip to fuse trap and country, but both genres are awful to my ear, so I can't rock with this music, but to each their own.
Nah. That day been round longer than we been alive.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Nah. That day been round longer than we been alive.
Quite possible yea. Many older heads were spoiled from an era that placed finance and craft side by side.

Perhaps that's what wasn't seen throughout the landscape of music.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I was his handler I would say when people ask say 'I wish that brother luck with his career'

His response was appropriate though

I semi liked Dave East but he has like maybe ONE song solo and a couple with Style P I can stomach.

Now can't rock with him, he comes off as a sucka now. As I said before on the heels of his man passing who promoted unity. He played himself

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave east and styles p album some of the hardest shit out.

and that stupid horse song wack as fuck

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Wrong I meant what I wrote.

But you tell me cuz:

Ice makes a guest appearance in this one

That was just a simple Google search.

And oh, just for good measure, Vanilla Ice actually owns the rights to Queen's Under Pressure, so he's getting paid either way. lol

Controversy arose when Vanilla Icesampled the bassline for his 1990 single "Ice Ice Baby". Initially he denied the accusation and then said he had modified it[76] but did not originally pay songwriting credit or royalties to Queen and Bowie.[77][78] A lawsuit resulted in Bowie and all members of Queen receiving songwriting credit for the sample.[79] Vanilla Ice later claimed that he purchased the publishing rights to "Under Pressure",[80][81] saying that buying the song made more financial sense than paying out royalties,[80] but a Queen spokesman clarified that Vanilla Ice's statement was inaccurate.[82]

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
LOL y’all fallen to the sellout to make millions shit. Sad. Shows how far it’s fallen off. By the way anything that Exiledcoon advocates for you know something is wrong. That faggot ass sambo hasn’t posted this much about a Black artist in his handkerchief headed life. Makes sense he’s losing it over a fake country trap song. Fucking cornball

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Controversy arose when Vanilla Icesampled the bassline for his 1990 single "Ice Ice Baby". Initially he denied the accusation and then said he had modified it[76] but did not originally pay songwriting credit or royalties to Queen and Bowie.[77][78] A lawsuit resulted in Bowie and all members of Queen receiving songwriting credit for the sample.[79] Vanilla Ice later claimed that he purchased the publishing rights to "Under Pressure",[80][81] saying that buying the song made more financial sense than paying out royalties,[80] but a Queen spokesman clarified that Vanilla Ice's statement was inaccurate.[82]
Now, Ice, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, says he owns the complete rights to the song. In a new interview on the Dan Patrick Show, the rapper claimed he purchased the song from Bowie and Queen.

UPDATE: A spokesman for Queen tells Ultimate Classic Rock that Vanilla Ice's statement is inaccurate. "An arrangement was made whereby the publishing in the song was shared."

Last edited:

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered

The game been rigged. Dude song got the push with no leg work. Click farms make shit go viral now. I repeat many a songs that I've heard 9 times a day don't deny the fact the song still wack.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

The game been rigged. Dude song got the push with no leg work. Click farms make shit go viral now. I repeat many a songs that I've heard 9 times a day don't deny the fact the song still wack.

Is Vado Grand Pubas Son?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
You can not like it.
Just cause you don't like it don't try and play it like its invalid.
Period
It is invalid , it’s wack. Your opinion doesn’t make something legit or more valid than mine. I don’t give a fuck how many squares and goofy cacs like line dancing to this shit. It fucking sucks to me and y’all bringing up sales and who likes it is not going to change my opinion.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The old I’m selling so I’m good excuse. That’s the lamest , weakest , sorriest excuse known to man. Vanilla Ice sold 21 million records too.

but ice ice baby is a classic and still gets play today though. I wouldn't call it whack. The idea of a white rapper and cultural appropriation was whack. The song is, was and forever will be lit. Dave East is a decent rapper who hasn't accomplished any accolades yet. Technically as far as stats go

Lil Nas X > Dave East

I've seen this a million times, if it's not your favorite guy then facts don't mean shit, only intangible and wildly opinionated things. And if it isss your favorite guy and he/she has good stats, then stats all of a sudden are important
There's got to be some form of bar, otherwise why should anyone debate or care about anyone else's opinion. If I say someone is better than another, at least I'mma try and back it up. Since when did we become so emotional as to bash youth now?

-IMO:dunno:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
but ice ice baby is a classic and still gets play today though. I wouldn't call it whack. The idea of a white rapper and cultural appropriation was whack. The song is, was and forever will be lit. Dave East is a decent rapper who hasn't accomplished any accolades yet. Technically as far as stats go

Lil Nas X > Dave East

I've seen this a million times, if it's not your favorite guy then facts don't mean shit, only intangible and wildly opinionated things. And if it isss your favorite guy and he/she has good stats, then stats all of a sudden are important
There's got to be some form of bar, otherwise why should anyone debate or care about anyone else's opinion. If I say someone is better than another, at least I'mma try and back it up. Since when did we become so emotional as to bash youth now?

-IMO:dunno:
Are we not talking about hip hop here? Riding on a horse jump in my Porsche blah blah blah. Wheres the bottom here? Y’all always on here calling shit I post wack but big up this shit. Why? It makes zero sense to me. So this isn’t wack now? Y’all like Thotiana too? Because that shit sucks dick