Lets revisit an old NBA Debate.... Dominique Wilkins or Scottie Pippen... Who was better?

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
‘People tend to forget how good ‘Nique truly was.
Yes he was. If the Celtics didn't have Parish, Mchale, and Dennis Johnson, Nique would have been in the finals multiple times. And he beat Jordan twice (got robbed once) in the slam dunk competition. Back when it was a real competition.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
How is this a debate if 1 guy got 6 rings and the other has 0? :confused:1 guy was a first ballot HOFer, the other guy, people had to lobby for him to get in. Do Pippen's rings not count? Who on the 90s Bulls has rings that count?

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes he was. If the Celtics didn't have Parish, Mchale, and Dennis Johnson, Nique would have been in the finals multiple times. And he beat Jordan twice (got robbed once) in the slam dunk competition. Back when it was a real competition.

These are the kinda statements which usually keep me outta sports debates...

If the Celts didn't have 60% of their starting lineup? We can only deal with the reality that was.

That's like saying if I was 5" taller I'd have been in the NBA and kicked Jordan's ass.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
These are the kinda statements which usually keep me outta sports debates...

If the Celts didn't have 60% of their starting lineup? We can only deal with the reality that was.

That's like saying if I was 5" taller I'd have been in the NBA and kicked Jordan's ass.
The point went over your head.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The point went over your head.

Communication is a 2 way street...kinda like throwing a ball to someone.

If I throw the ball to you 10 ft over your head, should I expect you to catch it?

If there's a problem with someone not getting your message..maybe it ain't the message..maybe you just didn't make yourself clear.

Wanna try again?

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Communication is a 2 way street...kinda like throwing a ball to someone.

If I throw the ball to you 10 ft over your head, should I expect you to catch it?

If there's a problem with someone not getting your message..maybe it ain't the message..maybe you just didn't make yourself clear.

Wanna try again?
Take my statement of removing three hall of famers from the Celtics, but then substitute Pippen for Dominique and the Hawks still don't make it to the finals. Bird alone would beat them every time.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Take my statement of removing three hall of famers from the Celtics, but then substitute Pippen for Dominique and the Hawks still don't make it to the finals. Bird alone would beat them every time.

Mannnn, you can move the goalposts any which way you want, but it's the same thing.

There's no way to tell if what you're saying is true or not.

Actually, I agree that Pip wouldn't make that big of a difference, but there's an expression that says, "That's why you play the game".

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Mannnn, you can move the goalposts any which way you want, but it's the same thing.

There's no way to tell if what you're saying is true or not.

Actually, I agree that Pip wouldn't make that big of a difference, but there's an expression that says, "That's why you play the game".
I can't make it any clearer for you. Everything I've said has gone way over your head. Do you even know what this thread is about?

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you watched the Last Dance, Jordan told you the year Scottie sat out he was struggling to win. They were LOSING REGULARLY!! He had to get Rodman to stepup and help hold it in the road till Scottie came back. That's out of the GOATs mouth.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't make it any clearer for you. Everything I've said has gone way over your head. Do you even know what this thread is about?

Your original statement veered into fantasyland.. switching out 3 HOFers. Problem is, that wasn't the reality, was it?

We have to make comparisons of their respective careers based on what happened, not what coulda or shoulda been.
Otherwise you can make up any scenario that fits YOUR point of contention.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If you watched the Last Dance, Jordan told you the year Scottie sat out he was struggling to win. They were LOSING REGULARLY!! He had to get Rodman to stepup and help hold it in the road till Scottie came back. That's out of the GOATs mouth.
They wasn't losing regular, but Jordan was having to work alot more than he really wanted to for them to win until scottie comeback. The bulls was in like the 8th before Jordan came out of retirement during the season.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They wasn't losing regular, but Jordan was having to work alot more than he really wanted to for them to win until scottie comeback. The bulls was in like the 8th before Jordan came out of retirement during the season.
Bulls were 5th seed when jordan came back

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
Had me wanting a S curl box, as a young boy, Nique was that nigga. Put some Respect on his name.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Pippen was one of my favorite players to watch, but if I had to pick one to build a team around, it would be Nique. Pippen showed his lack of leadership in that Knicks playoff game. Pip was a great #2 playing alongside the goat, but not a go-to type of player.
I can see taking Dominique first, like Jordan, Dominique was who fans paid to see. I really wish Dominique had better teams to play with.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can see taking Dominique first, like Jordan, Dominique was who fans paid to see. I really wish Dominique had better teams to play with.
did he ever play with another 20 point scorer? all i remember is doc river, moses malone and cliff levingston playing with him lol. and didnt cliff take like the last shot against the celtics in that game 7 of the eastern conference game.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Your original statement veered into fantasyland.. switching out 3 HOFers. Problem is, that wasn't the reality, was it?

We have to make comparisons of their respective careers based on what happened, not what coulda or shoulda been.
Otherwise you can make up any scenario that fits YOUR point of contention.
No. You want to deny a most certain probability to fit YOUR point of contention. If I said, the 96 bulls would beat a high school basketball team, you'd come in a say "Well, that hasn't really happened so you can't say that". Duh!