Kwame apologizes

Killa KMS

Star
Registered
:lol:
Kwame Brown apologized to teammates after his turnover-filled debacle that drew a series of boos in the Lakers' loss Thursday against Phoenix.

Brown, speaking to reporters Saturday for the first time since the Lakers' one-sided 106-98 loss to the Suns, acknowledged going "into a shell" after hearing fans' reactions to his struggles.

He had seven turnovers, four as the booing escalated in the third quarter, and missed numerous shots from close range, including a dunk, two layups and a hook shot. He finished with eight points and six rebounds and did not play in the fourth quarter.

"I apologized to Kobe [Bryant] and my teammates," Brown said. "They tried to pick me up and I just kept making turnovers and playing hot potato with the ball. There's no excuse for the dunks that I missed. I've just got to get up and finish them. The explosion is not there like it used to be. If I can't dunk it, I've got to make the layup at least. There's no excuse for that."

Brown, 25, is in the last season of a three-year contract worth $24.9 million and sat out 19 games because of a sprained left knee and ankle. He has been back for 10 games and has averaged nine points, eight rebounds and 4.5 turnovers in the two games since Andrew Bynum's knee injury.

It was extremely rare to hear Lakers fans boo a player from the team they follow.

"I'm just real disappointed in myself for reacting to it the way I did," Brown said. "Fans are going to be fans, but my top priority is my teammates and my coaches. I kind of went into a shell a little bit and didn't carry the threat of a shot even when they kept giving it to me. I'll take the blame for that. The confidence wasn't there."

Brown said he was initially confused by the crowd's reaction.

"I actually didn't start off too bad," he said. "I missed my first jump shot and they started booing from there, which was a little weird. I guess they're still panicking from the reaction of losing Andrew. It was an unfortunate situation because we definitely were in that ballgame and came back."

Numerous teammates came to Brown's defense, including Bryant, who said fans could stay home if they wanted to boo Brown.

Brown arrived early for Saturday's short practice and worked on his post moves with special assistant coach Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

He also spoke briefly with Coach Phil Jackson.

"I just mentioned the fact that I was not surprised how supportive his teammates were," Jackson said. "We know how well he can play. It's a difficult atmosphere and we expect him to come back and play well on Monday."

The Lakers play Denver that night at Staples Center. The Nuggets' center is Marcus Camby, last season's NBA defensive player of the year.

"Next game, I'm going to still come out and try to pass the ball and move the ball around, but I've definitely got to be more active, punch one in and whatever move I make -- make or miss -- I'm going to be aggressive with it," Brown said.

Jackson expressed disappointment at the Lakers' overall effort against the Suns. The Lakers never led and trailed by as many as 20 points.

"The last two big games that we've had, which was Phoenix and Boston, both of them we laid eggs in," Jackson said. "That was disappointing to me that we didn't match either team in the intensity that we had to bring in those two games. That's indicative of something."

Poor guy. At least the boo's gave him some motivation. He will be really nervous coming into the next game, lets hope he has a good one.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...481.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Chitown

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its a cold world out there :smh: :smh: even for cats that are damn near 7 feet tall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

tre2k4

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TO%20gif.gif

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Well, at least they are trying to get him motivated. If he ever gets his shit together, Lamar could play the 3 and the team could go either big or small.

I just hope he realizes he's fucking set for life and just have fun playing.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
man all i got to hear is kwame puttin in work with kareem. Keep Kwame. What's Ben Wallace gonna do? 10 and 10 is good. If Kwame wisens up we got a trophy coming. Mbenga was lookin decent last night too.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
man all i got to hear is kwame puttin in work with kareem. Keep Kwame. What's Ben Wallace gonna do? 10 and 10 is good. If Kwame wisens up we got a trophy coming. Mbenga was lookin decent last night too.

Mbenga looked ok. I wanted to see him early on instead of garbage time. I was wondering the same thing, shouldnt Kwame be working out with Kareem as well.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Mbenga looked ok. I wanted to see him early on instead of garbage time. I was wondering the same thing, shouldnt Kwame be working out with Kareem as well.

he was, but he's a hard head. He has seen what Kareem has done with Drew, so maybe he will come around.

revenge

Star
Registered
I rushed in here thinkin' that this fool was finally gonna apologize for puttin' us thru all those polka dots, but then... oh never mind.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
he was, but he's a hard head. He has seen what Kareem has done with Drew, so maybe he will come around.
I think Kwame finally felt like his teammates had his back so decided to try harder again with Kareem. Last night I saw Odom Kobe and Kwame talkin shit and laughin on the bench. I think Kobe got the message about being selfish and everyone else is feeling good.
I owe Mitch K some apologies.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he has all the ability in the world..just cant put that shit together:smh:

his problem is that he has small hands and he doesn't play big on the offensive side of the court. At 7'0 he shouldn't be laying the ball up.

Doug Collins on LA Lakers center Kwame Brown: “I think (Kwame Brown) has become a pretty solid defender and rebounder. He still struggles finishing around the basket because he has small hands and he wants to go too quickly, he doesn’t settle into a rhythm that he can play at. His offense has not gotten much better, but he is a much better defender and rebounder than he was early in his career.”

krownbrown

Potential Star
Registered
"I missed my first jump shot and they started booing from there, which was a little weird.

They werent booing cuz you missed you first shot they were booing cuz they thought they payed to watch good professional athletes play ball, not 7 foot brick handed sensitive cry babys.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Seriously, does anyone in the league have worse hands than this guy? He makes Dikembe Mutumbo look like Jerry Rice.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I owe Mitch K some apologies.

:lol: But I thought "Bitch Kupchak" was the worst GM in the league.

It was funny when so many lakers' fans were calling for his head for not trading Odom and Bynum for Kidd or Odom and Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal and look at the other teams now.

Kupchak did all the right things the past 3 years from drafting players to re-signing Phil Jackson, whose system has proven to be effective with the right mix of personnel.

Hell, Kupchak's only mistake was failing to trade one of his wing guards over the summer, which I'm sure will implode as usual at the first sign of adversity...But I'm not going to say anything about that :rolleyes:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
:lol: But I thought "Bitch Kupchak" was the worst GM in the league.

It was funny when so many lakers' fans were calling for his head for not trading Odom and Bynum for Kidd or Odom and Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal and look at the other teams now.

Kupchak did all the right things the past 3 years from drafting players to re-signing Phil Jackson, whose system has proven to be effective with the right mix of personnel.

Hell, Kupchak's only mistake was failing to trade one of his wing guards over the summer, which I'm sure will implode as usual at the first sign of adversity...But I'm not going to say anything about that :rolleyes:
I never said Bitch Kuponoodles was the worst. I know I called him Bitch Gutcheck or some shit like that. You arent a fan if you dont get pissed at mgmt when personnel are playing like shit at some time or another.
He aint perfect now so chill with that all the right things stuff. Radmon, Cook, Smush, and another worthless player or 2 coulda been left out the equation. Im still hopin radmonivich will come on when his ankle gets better.

ARDMORESTAR

Star
Registered
why does anyone that makes 24 mill in 3 years need modivation.. i would think that the 24 mill would be enough.. that dude got 1 hellaofagent :lol: because he was just barly decent when he played for the wiz... my son play better than him and he plays on the dollar store basketball set in thw hallway..:lol::lol:

planetrock

Potential Star
Registered
He was the main one that was crying about Jordan back then. Jordan pick him, and saw that the kid was soft. He complain constantly. Jordan was trying to make the kid hard. He wanted no part of trying to hustle. He' a big soft ass kid. He said in a interview (The Washington Post Magazine) that sometime he wish no one would throw him the ball because he was afaid to mess up, afaid of the challenge. He had his mother move in with him all those years he was with the Wizards.The kid should be like Garnett. He got the tools, he's just won't used them. He made Jordan look bad as a GM with the Wizards. He was the number 1 pick.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
^^^

How about pride? He was drafted #1 by Michael Jordan; he's gone from failure in Washington to watching Andrew Bynum skyrocket past him in LA to now being booed on his home floor. If he has any pride in himself as a basketball player, this would be motivation.