Kobe's Parents at the Memorial: do you feel they were treated with respect?

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
His parents basically disowned him. They disapproved of him marrying her and never got over it and treated her as such...so she is just supposed to act like they were one big happy family? Be fake??? She talked about her immediate family and the life they made in spite of his parents selfish behavior.....they got what they earned.
They still produced the idiot and she should have respected them. I blame his parents for his jungle fever

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
They disowned him why should they get any respect?!?!? Fuck them

Does that go for his nieces and nephews too? Fuck them too?

I know dude didnt have a great relationship with his parents. But him always being depicted as a seperate entity from them (his ADOS mom, dad, sisters, biological fam) was always weird even when he was alive. Im glad his folks were there and that Shaq acknowledged them.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Op was asking a simple and valid question. You the one acting emotional.

You the only one acting like a bitch and a woman.

Damn.

I swear, njggas are such women these days. Fucking sensitive ass bitches. He was estranged from his parents. They disowned him and y’all want them to get special recognition? You dumb faggots follow narratives that women create on instragram or Facebook and you mindless imbeciles roll with it as if it was

while we’re at it, let’s acknowledge his Highschool sweetheart! FOH!

Vanessa Bryant was 100%in charge of the memorial. She requested the guest speakers and organized the event. Why on earth are we giving recognition to parents? This is Kobe’s memorial... it’s about him and his daughter and to a lesser degree the others who died on the chopper. This dumb shit sounds exactly what I’d expect some dumb bitch to say and guess what.... bgol follows suit. Smh.

I’ve never seen the parents at any jersey retirement ceremony, any significant events, etc... BUT nooowwww all of a sudden a memorial for Kobe must include recognition for parents? Y’all niggas are a bunch of women

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I know dude didnt have a great relationship with his parents. But him always being depicted as a seperate entity from them (his ADOS mom, dad, sisters, biological fam) was always weird even when he was alive. Im glad his folks were there and that Shaq acknowledged them.

I didn't get a chance to here Shaq speak. That's good he did that.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

. Wtf his nieces and nephews didn’t fuck him over

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With all due respect bro, write the letters and have them sign it.
They didn't say no they just aren't writer or lazy.
Funerals change everything and bygones be bygones.
You aint the only one going through shit.

I'm going through some shit right now, and my immediate family has been fucking horrible. I asked my brother and sister for a character reference letter and both of those sorry fuckers told me, "you write it and we'll sign it"

What the fuck kind of shit is that?

My friend and her husband showed up at court, and the three of us and two of our other friends had a powwow after court. It's almost 9pm and I haven't heard a word from my brother or sister.

Before they have hug my mother gave me on Superbowl Sunday (my brother and I alternate at my mom's house, where he lives, and my house) I haven't seen/heard from my mother since last March. Haven't seen my father since 1.5 years ago.

If I were to die, I don't know if they would come, and honestly I don't know if I would want them there.

Fuck them both

I don't know why Kobe fell out with his parents, and we'll likely never know. When you get married, you belonged to your wife, especially if you two are on great terms.

They could have been mentioned, but, oh well. They should be good enough with the invite.

Eli_Porter

BANNED
Registered
Op was asking a simple and valid question. You the one acting emotional.

You the only one acting like a bitch and a woman.

Damn.
No, actually you’re the bitch. Unlike you, I’m sick of black men acting like white women.

also, learn to read dummy. Him saying that the parents were overlooked is NOT a question. It’s a statement. But continue acting like a little BITCH and defend your wife, the op.

thia gay shit has destroyed the community... y’all niggas are straight bitches

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow bottom line Vanessa made off nice

600 million + . Black wealth transfer in effect :smh:

You gotta be a shitty person to disown your own mother, though. Tell your young sons to be careful the wife they choose. Vanessa won the whole bag, and the Bryant name will disappear in the next generation.

The wife should have at least acknowledged the parents. Man that has to hurt them.

Vanessa is the most eligible widow EVER.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Parents should never put themselves in a position to foster animosity. The parents should have been the bigger people and squashed all of the bull shit especially with grandkids involved.

Agreed

600 million + . Black wealth transfer in effect :smh:

You gotta be a shitty person to disown your own mother, though. Tell your young sons to be careful the wife they choose. Vanessa won the whole bag, and the Bryant name will disappear in the next generation.

The wife should have at least acknowledged the parents. Man that has to hurt them.

Vanessa is the most eligible widow EVER.

Or you’ve gotta be one shitty parent for your kids to want to disown you?

We really don’t know what happened? :dunno:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't spoken to my Pops in 4 years and don't ever plan to. He knows what he did and I hope he rots in hell.

I'm sure Kobe felt pretty much the same way. Who knows..... I bet there was a provision in his will that they not be acknowledged.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wow...

Just a month ago all y'all quoting Jay Williams about mending fences and forgiveness

But judging a widow, greiving parents and grandparents and a devastated family over essentially a tv show?

No one on this board has any idea what is happening within that family besides the pain of multiple deaths.

Just respect that

as the man we all supposedly honoring?

would want us to.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agreed

Or you’ve gotta be one shitty parent for your kids to want to disown you?

We really don’t know what happened? :dunno:

Man I get trifling parents, but damn your mom though? Cant be worse that cheating on your wife with a zod whore. Wifey forgave him, for that.

Shit, is it asking to me to say Thank You for raising the man I loved. Boom that's it. Two daughters will not have Black grandparents, shit even his sisters got dumped. Basically the Black family got dumped.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah they were mad he married a Mexican
Good for them. God forbid parents express concern when their green sheltered teenage kid get a million dollars in his pocket and literally marry the first Mexican ho he meet at his music video shoot.

Also, this is why its best the keep family matters private. Kobe did a poor job of keeping this riff in house. And as a result that dismissive attitude unconsciously passes to observers. And those observers will have less then ideal treatment and viewpoints of your family members. The lack of acknowledgement his parents have gotten in this ordeal is an example of this. Kobe came from a NBA parent and well off family and they haven't been so much as mentioned throughout this entire tragedy.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You got a point. They had damn near 20 years to fix this
This is shame on them
No, you let the shit go.

if SHAQ was allowed to speak then then least that they could have done was acknowledge his father and mother. What about his sisters?

if they cared enough to come and pay their respects, they should’ve been acknowledged.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Kobe Bryant Reveals Why His Relationship With His Parents Is Awful And Why He Hasn’t Spoken To Them In Three YEARS
#KOBE BRYANT
by Matt Keohan 4 years ago

Kobe Bryant is freshly retired, but he’s still taking shots. This time aimed at his parents, former NBA forward Joe “Jellybean” Bryant and his wife Pam, who were both absent in their son’s final NBA game ever.
In a longform piece written by ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne, Kobe candidly discusses how his once close relationship with his parents soured after Kobe felt his parents were never satisfied with what he provided for them. He hasn’t spoken to them in over three years.

Kobe is of course talking about the ugly incident back in 2013 when Joe and Pam went behind Kobe’s back and attempted to auction off six of their son’s memorabilia items–including two of high school uniforms and two rings for the 2000 Lakers championship team.
Bryant then sued Goldin Auctions, the brokerage company his parents used, which was met with a counter suit that maintained that Pamela was the owner of the items, revealing that the company had already given her an advance of $450,000 to pay for a new home for Bryant’s father and herself in Las Vegas. His parents then issued an apology.
Kobe also revealed the strain on the relationship he had with his sisters, Sharia and Shaya, after he claims they were relying too heavily on their brother providing for them instead of seeking out their own identities.

Bryant addressed how he had to make the difficult decision of cutting them off financially so they could find their own way.

Yikes. Hopefully, now that the spotlight on Bryant will become dimmer as he settles into retirement, he can work on repairing the relationships that fame, fortune, and success dismantled.

I remember, someone made a thread about this and a few members was killing him because he didn't want to support his mom financially anymore...

Hell,he took his mom to court for selling his stuff without permission.

With that said,I think both of the parents should have spoken about their son.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I bet the main ones saying “fuck his parents” are the so-called black men with non-black wives so they probably feel a bond that they all had so much disdain for themselves that they had to race-mix.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man I get trifling parents, but damn your mom though? Cant be worse that cheating on your wife with a zod whore. Wifey forgave him, for that.

Shit, is it asking to me to say Thank You for raising the man I loved. Boom that's it. Two daughters will not have Black grandparents, shit even his sisters got dumped. Basically the Black family got dumped.

where else was she going to go?

I don't think it was the mexican heritage I really think the fact he met here and married after the way they met bothered them...its probably deeper....maybe fam thought she was after his money...R.I.P tho

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Hopefully, Kobe and his parents came to some sort of understanding before he died. Of course that doesn't mean Vanessa will ever forgive them.
They didn't. Howard Eskin, a reported from Philadelphia asked Kobe last year how was the relationship with he and his father and he just shook his head. Shit is very sad they couldn't work through things.

RiRSGt.jpg

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seems to me Kobe's mama and daddy ain't about SHIT. Who sells their children's memorabilia behind they back? And telling Kobe his choice of a FREE HOUSE for them is not enough. They became entitled and it bit them in the ass.

Kobe had an entire family of his own to look after and provide for. After a while the money faucet gets turned off. Especially for ungrateful ass family members.

It wasn't like his peoples were destitute. And Kobe was playing for 20 years! Like at what point does he get to enjoy HIS MONEY.