Kevin Hart CONFIRMS he will host the 2019 Oscars (will BGOL "hate" or "congratulate"?)

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Kevin Hart CONFIRMS he will host the 2019 Oscars and calls it 'the opportunity of a lifetime' he always wanted
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...t-2019-Oscars-calls-opportunity-lifetime.html

Kevin Hart will host the 91st Academy Awards in February 2019.

The comedian and actor took to social media Tuesday afternoon to confirm the news after rumors swirled he'd been approached by Oscars organizers about the prestigious gig.

'I am so happy to say that the day has finally come for me to host the Oscars,' the 39-year-old wrote on Instagram. ' I am blown away simply because this has been a goal on my list for a long tim

7021758-0-image-a-1_1543972484443.jpg

The Ride Along and Night School star explained: 'For years I have been asked if I would ever Host the Oscars and my answer was always the same...I said that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me as a comedian and that it will happen when it’s suppose to.'

'To be able to join the legendary list of host that have graced that stage is unbelievable,' he went on. 'I know my mom is smiling from ear to ear right now. I want to thank my family/friends/fans for supporting me & riding with me all this time....'

He concluded: 'I will be sure to make this years Oscars a special one. I appreciate the @TheAcademy for the opportunity ....now it’s time to rise to the occasion #Oscars.'

Hart is only the third African-American performer to be tapped as host of the Academy Awards in its 91-year history.

Whoopi Goldberg became the first African-American and the first woman to solo host the Hollywood awards show in 1994. She went on to host three more times - in 1996, 1999 and 2002.

Comedian Chris Rock hosted the Oscars twice - in 2005 and 2016.

The Hollywood Reporter was first to report that freshman Oscar telecast producers Donna Gigliotti and Glenn Weiss had approached Hart about being the emcee.

The decision to give the gig to Hart comes after the Academy Awards has spent a few years facing criticism for its lack of diversity.

Rock was asked to return to host in 2016 in the wake of the #OscarsSoWhite movement gaining traction.

The awards telecast that airs live on ABC is also struggling with falling ratings.

The 2018 Oscars had a record-low audience with just 26.5 million viewers tuning in, THR.com reported.

Hart has previously hosted the 2016 MTV Movie Awards along with his Central Intelligence co-star Dwayne Johnson.

And back in 2015, the Philadelphia native revealed during an appearance on ABC's Live With Kelly and Michael that he was actively campaigning to get the role of Oscars host.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kevin Hart...come on down. lol

Oscar host Kevin Hart addresses backlash over homophobic tweets and jokes

Dec. 6, 2018 / 6:05 PM PST
By Doha Madani

Comedian Kevin Hart on Thursday responded to the backlash that unfolded after old homophobic jokes and tweets that resurfaced after he was chosen to host the 2019 Oscars.

Hart posted a video to his Instagram on Thursday evening where he wrote in the caption for people to "stop being negative" in response to criticism that he made insensitive jokes about gay men nearly a decade ago.

The comedian didn't apologize or admit wrongdoing in his video, but said that the world was getting to be "beyond crazy."

"Guys, I’m almost 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as people get older, I don’t know what to tell you," Hart, 39, said in the video. "If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, than do you. I'm the wrong guy."

In his 2010 comedy special "Seriously Funny," Hart told audiences his biggest fear was that his son coming out as gay. Hart said that "as a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will.” He addressed the joke in 2015 Rolling Stone interview, where he did not apologize and said that he wouldn't make the same joke again because the times weren't as "sensitive."

Hart deleted some of the tweets that were spread online, but many in which he called people "gay" or used a slur for gay men were still up as of Thursday evening. In one tweet, Hart calls someone a "fat faced f-g."

181206-kevin-hart-ac-828p_a7eadf9f8a93bb1cec0a6e190e565330.fit-760w.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kevin Hart...come on down. lol

Oscar host Kevin Hart addresses backlash over homophobic tweets and jokes

Dec. 6, 2018 / 6:05 PM PST
By Doha Madani

Comedian Kevin Hart on Thursday responded to the backlash that unfolded after old homophobic jokes and tweets that resurfaced after he was chosen to host the 2019 Oscars.

Hart posted a video to his Instagram on Thursday evening where he wrote in the caption for people to "stop being negative" in response to criticism that he made insensitive jokes about gay men nearly a decade ago.

The comedian didn't apologize or admit wrongdoing in his video, but said that the world was getting to be "beyond crazy."

"Guys, I’m almost 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as people get older, I don’t know what to tell you," Hart, 39, said in the video. "If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, than do you. I'm the wrong guy."

In his 2010 comedy special "Seriously Funny," Hart told audiences his biggest fear was that his son coming out as gay. Hart said that "as a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will.” He addressed the joke in 2015 Rolling Stone interview, where he did not apologize and said that he wouldn't make the same joke again because the times weren't as "sensitive."

Hart deleted some of the tweets that were spread online, but many in which he called people "gay" or used a slur for gay men were still up as of Thursday evening. In one tweet, Hart calls someone a "fat faced f-g."

181206-kevin-hart-ac-828p_a7eadf9f8a93bb1cec0a6e190e565330.fit-760w.jpg

dont forget the Thanksgiving day fiasco with his son birthday party

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oscars host Kevin Hart won't apologize for past homophobic tweets despite Academy ultimatum

Christopher Polk/Getty Images
b03f722561c70062ae143bd6c0e50aee

PIYA SINHA-ROY
December 06, 2018 at 08:18 PM EST
Newly minted Oscars host Kevin Hart said Thursday that he will not apologize for years-old tweets in which he made homophobic and transphobic comments, despite being given an ultimatum by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

“I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, ‘Kevin, apologize for your tweets of old or we’re going to have to move on to find another host,’ talking about the tweets from 2009, 2010,” Hart said in an video posted to Instagram. “I chose to pass, I passed on the apology. The reason why I’ve passed is that I’ve addressed it several times.”

Representatives for the Academy, which organizes the Oscars, did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment on Hart’s remarks.

In the video, Hart criticized “internet trolls” for digging up his old tweets and said, “The same energy that went into finding those old tweets is the same energy that could have been put into finding the response to the questions that have been asked years after years.”

He signed off by saying, “Regardless, the Academy, I’m thankful and appreciative of the opportunity. If it goes away, no harm, no foul.”

The video marked the second dispatch posted by Hart on Thursday addressing his controversial tweets. Earlier in the day, he said that he is in a “great, mature place” now and asked people not to judge him by his past.

“My team calls me, ‘Oh my God, Kevin, the world is upset about tweets you did years ago,” Hart said in a black-and-white video posted to Instagram. “Guys, I’m almost 40 years old. If you don’t believe people change, grow as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify their past, then do you. I’m the wrong guy, man. I’m in a great place, a great mature place, where all I do is spread positivity.”

After Hart was announced as the host of the upcoming 91st Academy Awards on Tuesday, people began revisiting the comedian’s Twitter account and bringing up posts from as far back as 2009, in which Hart made homophobic and transphobic comments. In one tweet from 2011 that Guardian journalist Benjamin Lee tweeted out after the Oscars host announcement, Hart had written, “Yo if my son comes home and try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay.’”

Thursday morning, in response to a report that Hart was deleting old tweets, comedian Billy Eichner, who is openly gay, tweeted, “Many of us have jokes/tweets we regret. I’m ok with tasteless jokes, depending on context. What bothers me about these is you can tell its not just a joke-there’s real truth, anger & fear behind these. I hope Kevin’s thinking has evolved since 2011.”

After Hart posted his video Thursday, Eichner tweeted, “This is not good. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple. Like I tweeted a few weeks ago, Hollywood still has a real problem with gay men. On the surface it may not look like it. Underneath, it’s far more complicated.”

older version

A version older
Registered
Hmm
Gay Mafia pushes news that they are giving the host job to Kev
But they want something in return, Kev Passes...
:cheers:

Did they ever want him to really host, or was this just a ploy to get him to apologize over nothing?
I'm skeptical.

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not even a Hart fan but I hope he sticks to his guns about not apologizing. Mofos need to stop trying to police comedy. I'm not down with real homophobia, but THERE IS NOBODY WHO IS ABOVE BEING JOKED ON.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Expect a #MeToo moment for him in the future. You heard it hear first. Katt Williams tried to tell him he was chosen and not self made. Now he's about to find out. Hollywierd chooses black stars.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Oscars host Kevin Hart won't apologize for past homophobic tweets despite Academy ultimatum

Christopher Polk/Getty Images
b03f722561c70062ae143bd6c0e50aee

PIYA SINHA-ROY
December 06, 2018 at 08:18 PM EST
Newly minted Oscars host Kevin Hart said Thursday that he will not apologize for years-old tweets in which he made homophobic and transphobic comments, despite being given an ultimatum by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

“I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, ‘Kevin, apologize for your tweets of old or we’re going to have to move on to find another host,’ talking about the tweets from 2009, 2010,” Hart said in an video posted to Instagram. “I chose to pass, I passed on the apology. The reason why I’ve passed is that I’ve addressed it several times.”

Representatives for the Academy, which organizes the Oscars, did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment on Hart’s remarks.

In the video, Hart criticized “internet trolls” for digging up his old tweets and said, “The same energy that went into finding those old tweets is the same energy that could have been put into finding the response to the questions that have been asked years after years.”

He signed off by saying, “Regardless, the Academy, I’m thankful and appreciative of the opportunity. If it goes away, no harm, no foul.”

The video marked the second dispatch posted by Hart on Thursday addressing his controversial tweets. Earlier in the day, he said that he is in a “great, mature place” now and asked people not to judge him by his past.

“My team calls me, ‘Oh my God, Kevin, the world is upset about tweets you did years ago,” Hart said in a black-and-white video posted to Instagram. “Guys, I’m almost 40 years old. If you don’t believe people change, grow as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify their past, then do you. I’m the wrong guy, man. I’m in a great place, a great mature place, where all I do is spread positivity.”

After Hart was announced as the host of the upcoming 91st Academy Awards on Tuesday, people began revisiting the comedian’s Twitter account and bringing up posts from as far back as 2009, in which Hart made homophobic and transphobic comments. In one tweet from 2011 that Guardian journalist Benjamin Lee tweeted out after the Oscars host announcement, Hart had written, “Yo if my son comes home and try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay.’”

Thursday morning, in response to a report that Hart was deleting old tweets, comedian Billy Eichner, who is openly gay, tweeted, “Many of us have jokes/tweets we regret. I’m ok with tasteless jokes, depending on context. What bothers me about these is you can tell its not just a joke-there’s real truth, anger & fear behind these. I hope Kevin’s thinking has evolved since 2011.”

After Hart posted his video Thursday, Eichner tweeted, “This is not good. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple. Like I tweeted a few weeks ago, Hollywood still has a real problem with gay men. On the surface it may not look like it. Underneath, it’s far more complicated.”

People on Twitter are just so miserable and do anything to get some attention.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Now that Hollywierd is trying to push him out of favor how will this affect his girl Tiffany? Will she speak up for him and risk her paper like he spoke up for her or will she keep her eye on that paper? Better yet will Hollywierd give her the guilt by association treatment because she's from his camp?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People on Twitter are just so miserable and do anything to get some attention.

but he LIVE on social media...he KNEW what it was

Kevin may be the best comic to USE social media for his career advancement

So he not only profited from this type of behavior he criticizing now

he popularized it.

Kevin wrong here...

just f*cking apologize.

Or DON'T

but he can't blame Native Americans or gays for being mad

and the consequences and repercussions for his actions.

He chose this route. He ain't got no one to blame but himself.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Now that Hollywierd is trying to push him out of favor how will this affect his girl Tiffany? Will she speak up for him and risk her paper like he spoke up for her or will she keep her eye on that paper? Better yet will Hollywierd give her the guilt by association treatment because she's from his camp?

doubt it...

lets see Tiffany speaks up to DEFEND him ..

now THAT is going to be interesting.

What is she going to SAY if ANYTHING?

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Interesting they are thinking about replacing him with Tiffany. The only issue they are having is they are worried she can't pronounce the nominees names according to Entertainment Tonight. :hmm:o_O

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like the way he shut this down. He quit, then he gave the “if anyone’s offended “ apology.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Glad he said fuck them. This shit is ridiculous. Fuckin faggots and Jews running the entire world. :smh::angry:

D8aMXZ.jpg

Co sizzle! Man fuck a fag, dyke, butch, lesbian mf. Idgaf! Apologize for all the fucking crimes against blacks and humanity and to us as whole for you mf trying to pass this shit off as normal behavior warping and confusing our youth like it’s ok to be fucking gay! It’s white people advancing this bullshit. Enough already! Shits in cartoons, tv,commercials man go head with the bullshit

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Co sizzle! Man fuck a fag, dyke, butch, lesbian mf. Idgaf! Apologize for all the fucking crimes against blacks and humanity and to us as whole for you mf trying to pass this shit off as normal behavior warping and confusing our youth like it’s ok to be fucking gay! It’s white people advancing this bullshit. Enough already! Shits in cartoons, tv,commercials man go head with the bullshit
Agreed. This shit is beyond disgusting.

UxZcxc.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Update 8:15 p.m.: Hart released another Instagram video explaining that the Academy called him demanding he apologize for his past remarks or lose the hosting job. Hart refused to apologize, saying “I’ve addressed this several times…I’ve spoken on it, I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I like the way he shut this down. He quit, then he gave the “if anyone’s offended “ apology.

You know something...

I actually agree.

If this REALLY how he feels?

STAND the f*ck up and defend your square...

now PROFESSIONALLY?

I think this is a bad move.

Cause all the Black folk who riding for Kevin's refusal to apologize to the gay community

remember he was/is always quick to NOT defend us.

just saying

and I don't know if his "friends" gonna co sign this.

this is going to be VERY interesting...

Last edited: