Kawhi Leonard is asked about social injustice and proceeds to babble about nothing

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

:lol:

"Its about doing the work"

Could he have given a more generic answer? Shit comes off as coached, insincere, and full of nothingness. How bout you address WS dude or use your platform to promote change instead of these bullshit fluff answers? I told you dudes hate having to answer questions like this. If he could just be silent and play basketball he would and he'd be a happy camper.

Dude is all unsure of himself in a room full of white reporters, aww shucks every 4 seconds, scared to make eye contact. But when he gets on the court vs. LeBron, he becomes a fearless killer!!! :roflmao2:

This is prolly the first and last time he takes "social justice" questions. Keep it strictly bball related from here on out boys.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
What do you expect from him? He's a shy person and doesn't like talking to reporters.

You are right. Kawhi isnt a man. Hes an overgrown child. A manchild harkening back to the plantation era. A little boy in a grown mans body. At 30 years old with 9 years in the league we cant possibly expect him to be comfortable in front of cameras talking to a bunch of fat white reporters.

Kawhi Leonard is a coward and isnt willing to speak up for his community. He just wants to play basketball and be silent. Theres nothing heroic about this nigga at all.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He actually did better than i expected. Said more in that clip than Tobe and Mike said in an entire career about black issues.

Yes, he did acknowledge being black as he is playing so I stopped short of calling him a coon like them.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
You are right. Kawhi isnt a man. Hes an overgrown child. A manchild harkening back to the plantation era. A little boy in a grown mans body. At 30 years old with 9 years in the league we cant possibly expect him to be comfortable in front of cameras talking to a bunch of fat white reporters.

Kawhi Leonard is a coward and isnt willing to speak up for his community. He just wants to play basketball and be silent. Theres nothing heroic about this nigga at all.

Ironic

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
what's with people needing

athletes to tell them anything?

I understand them having a platform,

but that's part of the problem. I'm not

looking to a bought and sold athlete to

give me any social justice cues. Only

in the 'black' community are athletes

and entertainers propped up as any viable

means for social awareness. Idgaf what

he has to say. NOTHING he says will

change anything about the current situation

in which we live.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered

Could he have given a more generic answer? Shit comes off as coached, insincere, and full of nothingness. How bout you address WS dude or use your platform to promote change instead of these bullshit fluff answers? I told you dudes hate having to answer questions like this. If he could just be silent and play basketball he would and he'd be a happy camper.

Dude is all unsure of himself in a room full of white reporters, aww shucks every 4 seconds, scared to make eye contact. But when he gets on the court vs. LeBron, he becomes a fearless killer!!! :roflmao2:

This is prolly the first and last time he takes "social justice" questions. Keep it strictly bball related from here on out boys.

What do you expect from him? He's a shy person and doesn't like talking to reporters.
He actually did better than i expected. Said more in that clip than Tobe and Mike said in an entire career about black issues.
Yes, he did acknowledge being black as he is playing so I stopped short of calling him a coon like them.
what's with people needing

athletes to tell them anything?

I understand them having a platform,

but that's part of the problem. I'm not

looking to a bought and sold athlete to

give me any social justice cues. Only

in the 'black' community are athletes

and entertainers propped up as any viable

means for social awareness. Idgaf what

he has to say. NOTHING he says will

change anything about the current situation

in which we live.
Kawhi has done nothing to show that he is qualified to talk about race, and that is okay. He's a great ball player that doesn't mean he has to be a leader of the culture.

This is a bit unfair to think that just cause I’m black I should be able to articulate a stance on social justice.

Kinda reminds me of the coward Ingram who chose to go at LeBron and KD. Should Lebrons retort be that she step on the court.

No, because that’s not what she is, so why would she challenge him in her arena.

Why dont they challenge Joy Reid, MHP or Angela Rye Obama or Neil Tyson etc...

Cause they’re cowards and feel more comfortable w those that they feel they can out articulate on the fly.

I hate the world that we live in

Carryon......

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kawhi has done nothing to show that he is qualified to talk about race, and that is okay. He's a great ball player that doesn't mean he has to be a leader of the culture.

Kawhi is a black man in AmeriKKa hes more than qualified to talk about race. Growing up in Los Angeles Im sure he's dealt with it a time or two. No ones asking him to be a leader, just stop being a bitch. Stop holding your head down and ummming and ahhing every 5 seconds a white man is in front of you. He looks weak and infantile. This dude was quiet the whole layoff as George Floyd was choked out, thats why white folks and good negroes love him. He knows his place. Kill niggas on the court, bow to WS and its daughters off of it. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is how BGOL sees Kawhi...

michael_clarke_duncan_the_green_mile_died_suddenly_54_190108_fyzgm7dpli

the_green_mile_-_h_-_1999.jpg

michaelclarkeduncan-blog630-jpg_223242.jpg

They feel sorry for him. Hes got 2001 braids and holds his head down in front of white people. He also never speaks up on issues and is just a basketball player.

Youd never know this dude is reigning Finals MVP and NBA champ. He dont even got an IG. :lol: He's got 1 job to do, and it aint speaking up for his people. :smh:

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Kawhi is a black man in AmeriKKa hes more than qualified to talk about race. Growing up in Los Angeles Im sure he's dealt with it a time or two. No ones asking him to be a leader, just stop being a bitch. Stop holding your head down and ummming and ahhing every 5 seconds a white man is in front of you. He looks weak and infantile. This dude was quiet the whole layoff as George Floyd was choked out, thats why white folks and good negroes love him. He knows his place. Kill niggas on the court, bow to WS and its daughters off of it. :yes:
TalkativeDizzyHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is how BGOL sees Kawhi...

michael_clarke_duncan_the_green_mile_died_suddenly_54_190108_fyzgm7dpli

the_green_mile_-_h_-_1999.jpg

michaelclarkeduncan-blog630-jpg_223242.jpg

They feel sorry for him. Hes got 2001 braids and holds his head down in front of white people. He also never speaks up on issues and is just a basketball player.

Youd never know this dude is reigning Finals MVP and NBA champ. He dont even got an IG. :lol: He's got 1 job to do, and it aint speaking up for his people. :smh:

Who's "They"?

Seems like it's just YOU with these expectations for him.

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see things differently, lots of these pro athletes are awkward, insecure, bashful, etc. These guys are very young, often immature, and very myopic in their focus, I think it's premature to say this about Kawhi unless you know him personally.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I see things differently, lots of these pro athletes are awkward, insecure, bashful, etc. These guys are very young, often immature, and very myopic in their focus, I think it's premature to say this about Kawhi unless you know him personally.

He wasnt shy during negotiations last summer. He was very aggressive about what he wanted. Forced multi team trades and 4 years 142 million with an opt out after 2. Funny how when the cameras aint on, all that "Im just an Innocent little 3 year old, i barely know my last name" non threatening stuff goes away. :yes:

Kawhi is a good black. He knows his place and role. Read the comments under the tweet and any Kawhi post. The MAGA crowd and conservative crowd looooove him!!! :roflmao2:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He didn’t say all lives matter

He didn’t say racism doesn’t exist

He didn’t say racism doesn’t affect me

We can’t expect every athlete to be as outspoken as Lebron.

Seems like a reach for hate

He didnt say shit. A bunch of babble. It was a safe response. More should be expected from a defending champion and Finals MVP that is supposed to be a league face. Instead he gets to play the background and just be a bball player wit everything goin on right now? Fuck no, stop being a bitch and speak clearly. He said he been in situations, OK, tell us Mr. Green Mile? Explain those situations!!! Kawhi just isnt a hero or a role model to anyone in the Black American community. He belongs to the NBA and white folks in the stands. He's elevated simply for being silent. These owners know how to pick em. People on the front lines at the grocery store got more heart than this dude. Theyre bigger role models than him.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I save tons of money on toilet paper because I just wipe my ass with OP's opinions.

@KingTaharqa just please explain your rationale for blasting folks you allege as NFL watchers, yet you’re in this thread hyping up a league whose Commissioner and owners blackballed both Craig Hodges and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf well over TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO for taking a stand for black injustice. What’s the difference between that and what happened to Kaep? But you’re still an NBA sackrider?

I’ll be awaiting your response......

Why do you care? Youre not watching the NBA remember? Nice deflection. Enjoy your NFL, I could care less. BGOL will miss you guys this year in the NBA playoff threads. See you in 2021 brother. :cheers:

See how the OP, when called on his hypocritical bullshit, runs from the question like a coward?

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Kawhi is the Bellichick of the NBA. He refuses to give any sound bites.

He got his point across though.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kawhi is the Bellichick of the NBA. He refuses to give any sound bites.

He got his point across though.

You think likening him to an old white man is good in this situation? Kawhi is just a regular plantation buck. If you wanna know how ADOS that were in royal rumbles during slavery acted, their temperament, Kawhi is the archetype. Bucks had this massive strength and ability and would beat each other to a pulp but never raised a pinky to massa. Kawhi comes from a long line of those. I wouldnt be shocked he becomes a Black Republican post career, he moves like one.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
He didn’t say all lives matter

He didn’t say racism doesn’t exist

He didn’t say racism doesn’t affect me

We can’t expect every athlete to be as outspoken as Lebron.

Seems like a reach for hate

reach from a weirdo

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Kawhi is a black man in AmeriKKa hes more than qualified to talk about race. Growing up in Los Angeles Im sure he's dealt with it a time or two.

Kawhi's even more qualified to speak on black-on-black gun violence as his father was killed at his own car wash by another black man - but I doubt the BGOL militant club wants to hear anything about that....

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kawhi's even more qualified to speak on black-on-black gun violence as his father was killed at his own car wash by another black man - but I doubt the BGOL militant club wants to hear anything about that....

I would love for him to speak on it actually, and it would endear him even further to that white MAGA crowd thats been following him since San Antonio. They like black on black crime stories.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Man this is a huge reach. I thought that was a very well thought-out articulate answer. The queen continuing to be a fucking weirdo nuthugger

He didnt say shit. But his baby mama is virtually white and yall think Kobe Bryant was pro black, so I knew yall would cape for this scary ass Green Mile ass nigga. Kawhi is worthless 9 years hes had a platform and aint said shit. Even Melo spoke up for his people. Yall overrate this nigga for being so docile around white people.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. It is about doing the work and we have been seeing police brutality forever. :dunno:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. It is about doing the work and we have been seeing police brutality forever. :dunno:

He made 0 mention of George Floyd and was as safe and vague as possible. Its not what he said its what he didnt say and what hes not gonna say going forward. So the defending champ and NBA superstar can be tone deaf if it means we can push a bball agenda and have someone to root for vs. players we dont like? No one online is talking about his "powerful" comments. It was the same generic answer weve seen NBA players with babies by non black women give time and time again. :dunno: