Kanye West Declares Himself ‘New Moses,’ Says He Won’t Release New Music Until Freed From Current Deals...

Simply_Black

International
International Member

UPDATED: Kanye West took a break from his presidential campaign to make some declarations about his music career Monday, saying that he will refuse to release any new music until his record company, Universal Music Group, and his publisher, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, free him from their deals.
He quickly followed that up by saying that Drake and J. Cole must apologize to him — although whether this was a further condition for releasing new music was unclear — and asking for a meeting with Jay-Z.
“I’m not putting no more music out till I’m done with my contract with Sony and Universal,” he tweeted. “On God … in Jesus name … come and get me.” The statement was followed by an emoji of a skier.

“Vivendi family I’m in Calabassas,” he added. “Come holla at me.”

On Tuesday morning, he added to his comments, posting a text exchange with an unidentified business adviser on his options for his catalog. The adviser says he and West can argue that Universal and Sony Music, with whom West has longstanding recorded-music and publishing deals respectively, did not support him fully and can be sued for breach of contract. They then explore the potential price of his recorded-music catalog (the adviser claims, without citing evidence, that West’s catalog would be worth more than the $300 million that Scooter Braun’s investment company paid for Big Machine Records and Taylor Swift’s master recordings) or the possibility of a joint venture with Universal Music, which owns West’s masters. West tweeted, “No one from Universal or Sony has responded so it’s Go time.”

West has publicly stated that he wants to get out of his label and publishing deals in the past, and even sued the companies in January of last year. However he signed the deals with attorneys present, and such contracts typically do not allow artists to withdraw from the deals whenever they want, so his options would seem limited. Reps for Universal and Sony did not immediately respond to Variety‘s requests for comment.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
33549075.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Somebody get ye back on hos meds and take his phone away......

Mfkr is around 43 but you gotta treat him like ya 85 yr old grandmother with dementia....

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Prince did the same shit when he became "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince!" He did interviews where he would walk out onto the stage for the interview and not say a word! He did this until he was released from his contract. That may be where Yeezy got the idea!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Prince did the same shit when he became "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince!" He did interviews where he would walk out onto the stage for the interview and not say a word! He did this until he was released from his contract. That may be where Yeezy got the idea!
interesting...

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fam..... Prince never called himself a god or reincarnationof jesus.....

And as far as we know of Prince didn't have mental health issues.... ye needs medication and help

Don't dare try to compare what Prince did to get ownership of his music back and force a better deal to ye having another mental episode on SM.

At some point Kim will leave him....and it will either ruin him or be the wake up call he needs to really seek continued help