Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It is hard to believe that they would tie his hands like that. Plus, there are reports of the actor who is playing Darkseid leaking info.

But, if that article is true...............

Interesting cause all the major actors already said they down for reshoots...

Now the question is are they asking for a lot of money or they doing it for scale?

And like another bgoler said

Now snyder got ANOTHER ecxuse built in.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think it may be intentional misinformation. Lowering expectations will yield more surprise.

Possible we will see.

But thats gonna be a difficult secret to keep

Filming THOSE scenes with the whole cast?

And it builds unnecessary bad blood with the already sensitive fam base.

KNOWING the cast is doing reshoots to me is way more beneficial promotion wise and good will wise

WB better see this as in for a penny? In for a pound at this point.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See ish like this is why DC is still playing catch up...

DC had a smash with the original Batman movie and what'd they do with it... damn near burned that franchise into the ground....

Had Smallville on TV for a decade.... what'd they do with it... a couple crossovers with arrow...

No tie in to comics or theatrical releases.....

Its that damn narrow-mindedness and old fashioned thinking that made Justice League a critical flop to begin with. Give the man the $50-$60 mil he needs to shoot more scenes and finish the movie right.... re-release it in theaters as Zack Snyder's Justice League (so the budget is different on paper) based a limited 6 week release and watch it make $250 mil+...it'll look extra green and then you can have it on HBO max immediately after 6 weeks...hell only have it in theaters for 4 weeks...the fans will be begging to give you their money

And the promotion budget doesn't have to be big... its simple "The fans asked for it.... Zack Smyder did it. In theaters for a limited time. (Show a glimpse of Darkseid's eye beams, fade to black) a 10 -15 sec spot...*boom*

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
There is a couple issues with your post.

First DC did not "burn the Batman franchise to the ground." Nolan did his three movies and was done. He wanted to move on.

Regarding Smallville, ten years on air is a feat in itself. Tie-ins aren't necessary. If its not broke, don't fix it.

The problem with your "re-release" proposal is you overestimate the public's and government's willingness to utilize movie theaters. Restaurants across the country are operating at 10 - 25% capacity with regard to dine-in patrons. Airlines are preparing for a similar reduction as they no longer will be able to crowd people into planes as before. Similar to airlines, movie theaters will need to increase prices to offset the decrease in volume. The price point of movie theaters was already at a precipice. I don't think people will pay extra to risk illness for an experience that is slightly diminished from before.

Additionally, the original budget for JL was $300M. It earned $658M. Thats a 119% profit percentage or 54% profit margin. Theater money was made. Now, Justice League is on cable every week. So, syndication/ broadcast showings are now generating additional millions. So, the next phase is streaming. Warner is focused on increasing subscriber numbers for HBOmax. They are blatantly using the Snyder Justice League to support this goal.

The Justice League movie is really the only soar spot. Past movies were successful. The next few movies including the new Suicide Squad movie directed by Guardians of the Galaxy director, James Gunn, Black Adam, Shazam 2, Wonder Woman 1984, and Aquaman 2 will be hits as well. In my opinion, DC's movieline up is much better than Marvel's. Marvel however has much more original streaming content on deck than DC. Thats why I think DC online will eventually fold into HBOmax which would give them Titans and Doom Patrol.....both which are top tier series. (Watch if you haven't. Its very entertaining)

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

First DC did not "burn the Batman franchise to the ground." Nolan did his three movies and was done. He wanted to move on.

Regarding Smallville, ten years on air is a feat in itself. Tie-ins aren't necessary. If its not broke, don't fix it.

The problem with your "re-release" proposal is you overestimate the public's and government's willingness to utilize movie theaters. Restaurants across the country are operating at 10 - 25% capacity with regard to dine-in patrons. Airlines are preparing for a similar reduction as they no longer will be able to crowd people into planes as before. Similar to airlines, movie theaters will need to increase prices to offset the decrease in volume. The price point of movie theaters was already at a precipice. I don't think people will pay extra to risk illness for an experience that is slightly diminished from before.

Additionally, the original budget for JL was $300M. It earned $658M. Thats a 119% profit percentage or 54% profit margin. Theater money was made. Now, Justice League is on cable every week. So, syndication/ broadcast showings are now generating additional millions. So, the next phase is streaming. Warner is focused on increasing subscriber numbers for HBOmax. They are blatantly using the Snyder Justice League to support this goal.

The Justice League movie is really the only soar spot. Past movies were successful. The next few movies including the new Suicide Squad movie directed by Guardians of the Galaxy director, James Gunn, Black Adam, Shazam 2, Wonder Woman 1984, and Aquaman 2 will be hits as well. In my opinion, DC's movieline up is much better than Marvel's. Marvel however has much more original streaming content on deck than DC. Thats why I think DC online will eventually fold into HBOmax which would give them Titans and Doom Patrol.....both which are top tier series. (Watch if you haven't. Its very entertaining)

When I said nearly burned to the ground...... see

batman_and_robin_1997_original_film_art_27573ed6-2255-4ab6-a03f-3720c03e41b6_2000x.jpg

batman_forever_1995_original_film_art_f_482f5b25-97df-4fc4-b4f4-20b31e55cd61_2000x.jpg

Nolan and Snyder brought it back from near death

I'll address the rest of your response a lil later my brother

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
When I said nearly burned to the ground...... see

batman_and_robin_1997_original_film_art_27573ed6-2255-4ab6-a03f-3720c03e41b6_2000x.jpg

batman_forever_1995_original_film_art_f_482f5b25-97df-4fc4-b4f4-20b31e55cd61_2000x.jpg

Nolan and Snyder brought it back from near death

I'll address the rest of your response a lil later my brother

Damn you!!!! I had successfully blocked all recollection of these travesties. Marvel and DC comic book movies during this period were desperately trying to find their way.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dc .please stop it.let it go and walk away.you tried failed and now youre tryin to hit a redo lol .what i seen today was there will be no reshoot for this movie.so you know it will suck even more.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You make good points about the theaters....

But if they want people to really want to pay to see this "cut" of the movie they have to give in to reshoots....

Don't half ass it ... adr and scrap video footage is and will not be enough to really "sale" this....

If DC is comfortable with the money made in theaters and from TV syndication deals....cut Snyder his check. This cut at the very least could be made available for sale 6 months after streaming to offset the additional costs....

Include the Snyder director's commentary, footage of the actors during reshoots and new interviews..promote it as the Platinum Snyder Edition

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

'Justice League' Snyder Cut: Fans Are Convinced the Movie Will Add Another Superhero
Robert Yaniz Jr. | MORE ARTICLES
May 25, 2020

Following The Avengers, few companies felt the pressure to create a shared universe like Warner Bros. And so Justice League hit theaters in 2017. But fans soon discovered the movie bore little resemblance to what director Zack Snyder intended. With the Justice League Snyder cut officially on its way, it sounds like fans will get a new addition to the team’s line-up.

The cast of ‘Justice League’ at a photocall for the film | TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images

Warner Bros. still needs to finish the ‘Justice League’ Snyder cut

Early on in its marketing campaign, Justice League promised to “unite the seven.” Fans speculated this was a hint at the number of heroes featured in the movie. Beyond the five heroes on the poster, the resurrection of Superman (Henry Cavill) was a given. But when the movie hit theaters, the line-up topped out at six.This missing hero is one of many possible elements the Justice League Snyder cut could address. Although the movie will reportedly not involve reshoots, Warner Bros. is spending as much as $30 million to cover post-production costs.Over the years, Snyder has teased what plot points and entire characters were absent from the original release. And now we are getting confirmation.

Here’s which superhero will finally complete the team’s line-up
For a long while, fans theorized General Swanwick (Harry Lennix) was actually Martian Manhunter in disguise. After all, the seemingly minor character appeared in both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. But he was conspicuously absent from Justice League.

Snyder eventually confirmed his cut would have revealed Swanwick as J’onn J’onzz a.k.a. Martian Manhunter. The character is a green-skinned refugee from Mars — the last of his kind — who identifies with Superman. And as fans of The CW’s Supergirl know, he tends to disguise himself in positions of power.

Fans still don’t know what the Justice League Snyder cut will include. But judging by Lennix’s recent tweet, the actor’s footage — which was reportedly filmed — will definitely be included in the new version. This opens up a question of which Justice League is canon. Yet, fans don’t seem to mind. In fact, they’re ecstatic.

HarryLennixManhunter-1280x720.jpg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
My anticipation level just went up another notch!

Snyder released a sneak peak of the redesigned Steppenwolf for the Justice League movie.

zack-snyder-justice-league-snyder-cut-design.png

0dea169b24ceeb290a160e3440ae290d.jpg

SentimentalEuphoricChickadee-size_restricted.gif

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Warner/ DC couldn't help shooting themselves in the foot....

Justice League was supposed to be 2 movies...have the climax of the first movie be a big fight with the newly resurrected Superman. And he's kicking their ass, leave them bloody/ battered, at odds with each other, but resolute to dust themselves off and overcome him....

The second movie. They learn what / how 'Wolf gained his control, break it and then the even bigger fight with a true big bad.

Is it great? No, but its definitely better than the shit show they forced onto the fans

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
DC Fandome

https://www.dccomics.com/dcfandome

Breaking News DC Fandom Digital Event Coming in August

NEW DCEU Film CONFIRMED to be revealed at DC Fandom

DC Fandom Teases Major Upcoming Franchises & Announcements [Discussion]

DC FanDome: How to attend the free virtual convention, and what to watch for

Here are the don't-miss panels on Aug. 22 and 23, including The Batman, Suicide Squad and the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
Aug. 14, 2020 1:56 p.m. PT

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/dc-fand...ree-virtual-convention-and-what-to-watch-for/

This year's online Comic-Con is in the books, but another virtual fan convention is headed to a computer near you. DC FanDome will run for 24 hours starting at 10 a.m. PT on Saturday, Aug. 22. The event for fans of DC Comics will feature online panels, cosplay, fan art and comics, as well as special events for kids. The devoted DC fandom will be especially excited for looks at some long-awaited DC properties, including the Snyder Cut of Justice League, Robert Pattinson as The Batman and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad.

What is it?

Kinda like Comic-Con, but only for DC. So no Avengers (that's Marvel). But if you're a fan of DC characters such as Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and Aquaman, you may want to tune in. And this fandom event should go well beyond the big names. It'll cover the whole DC world, from comic books to movies to TV shows and video games.

Unfortunately, the convention follows reports of mass layoffs at DC. Roughly one-third of the company's editorial staff lost their jobs, according to The Hollywood Reporter, along with the majority of the staff of streaming service DC Universe as parent company Warner Bros. shifts its focus to the recently launched HBO Max.

How do I tune in?

There'll be online video panels and teasers to watch, links to follow for games and shopping, and more. Warning: Unlike virtual Comic-Con, which spread out over days, DC FanDome is just 24 hours, which makes for one jam-packed day of events. So if this is your thing, don't make other plans for Aug. 22.

"Just like a live event, the full DC FanDome experience will be available for 24 hours only," the FanDome FAQ list warns. "If you don't watch it during the 24 hours, you will miss it (unless you have access to time travel)."

DC has announced that the center of the experience will be called the Hall of Heroes. Its programming is an eight-hour block, which will rerun three times during the 24-hour timeline, so those in different global time zones can tune in.

Hall of Heroes will feature programming, panels and content reveals from everything DC. There will be smaller satellite worlds, such as the KidsVerse, that can be navigated to from there. Programming will be available in Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.

Who'll be involved?

DC announced a long list of hosts, presenters and special guests. The list includes Aisha Tyler, Venus Williams, Will Arnett, Idris Elba, Ezra Miller, Jason Isaacs, Kaley Cuoco, Matt Reeves, Michael Rooker, Robin Wright, Viola Davis and Henry Winkler.

Biggest events

You can read through the entire schedule online, but here are some highlights:

Wonder Woman: 1984

Stars of the Wonder Woman sequel, including Gal Gadot and Chris Pine, will join director Patty Jenkins to talk about the upcoming superhero film. They'll answer fan questions, discuss fan art and cosplay, and reveal a new sneak peek at the film, which follows the 2017 blockbuster and moves the action to America in the go-go '80s.
Panel: 10 a.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

The Suicide Squad movie sneak peek

Gunn has promised that DC FanDome will include a look at his upcoming movie, The Suicide Squad.

"I can confirm The Suicide Squad is 100%, zero interference, no-holds-barred ME, &, again, I can't wait for you guys to get a glimpse of it at DC FanDome," Gunn tweeted. "(Yes, I'm pimping FanDome a lot, but that's because I know how exciting it's going to be - for my film & other stuff too!)"

The Suicide Squad, about a crew of DC villains, is supposed to come out in 2021. Gunn wrote and directed the first two Guardians of the Galaxy films for Marvel, but signed on for The Suicide Squad after Marvel briefly fired him for off-color tweets. Producer Peter Safran has said The Suicide Squad is not a direct sequel to the original 2016 film Suicide Squad, though it features numerous returning characters played by the same actors. The titles are confusing, but the second movie uses "The" in its title.
Panel: 12 p.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

The Snyder Cut

The DC film Justice League came out in 2017, but original director Zack Snyder stepped down during editing when his daughter died. Some fans were disappointed in the finished film that was taken over by Joss Whedon, and clamored to see what Snyder would've put together if he'd had free rein. The Snyder Cut is that film, coming soon to HBO Max -- and the teaser trailer for DC FanDome promises a glimpse of that long-awaited version.
Panel: 2:45 p.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

Black Adam

Who's Black Adam? The fictional villain/antihero has a long history in DC Comics, though his name may be not that well known to casual fans. He is an archenemy of Captain Marvel/Shazam, and his powers have ancient Egyptian roots. Star Dwayne Johnson will take part in a question and answer session.
Panel: 3 p.m. PT Hall of Heroes

Aquaman

While Jason Momoa turned Aquaman from a Saturday morning cartoon joke into an aquatic badass in the 2018 movie, it looks as if the actor won't be on this panel. But director James Wan and Momoa's co-star, Patrick Wilson, who played King Orm, will dive into their favorite moments from the first film.
Panel: 4 p.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

The Suicide Squad video game

Want more about The Suicide Squad? Rocksteady Studios tweeted that it'll use DC FanDome to release info about a new Suicide Squad video game. The British game company created the popular Batman: Arkham video game series. Will Arnett will host the reveal.
Panel: 5 p.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

The Batman
Matt Reeves, director of The Batman, has announced he'll be sharing more about the film. The Batman stars Robert Pattinson of Twilight fame, with Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman. While the film isn't scheduled for release until 2021, it's already received a spinoff show about the Gotham police department, with Reeves producing.
Panel: 5:30 p.m. PT, Hall of Heroes

How to stay informed

With the schedule now out, we have a lot more information than before, but we'll continue to update this story as news is released. You can sign up at the official DC FanDome site for email about the event, and follow the DC Comics Twitter account or click on Twitter hashtag #DCFandome for updates.

maxresdefault-3.jpg

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
The way the original got dragged on Bgol. This cut could be Citizen Kane level and still get no love on here.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
DC is doing a good job with all these announcements. It's just hard to get too excited while worrying about WB stepping in as usual.
Remember, after JL, they released Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Joker. All good movies, all hands off from WB. I think they learned their lesson.
The way the original got dragged on Bgol. This cut could be Citizen Kane level and still get no love on here.
Facts
DC Fandome was pretty cool, this does look better even though I did like the original release.
Agreed

Whats was super crazy was that James Gunn said that the upcoming Suicide Squad movie is his biggest and best movie of his career. Thats a pretty bold statement.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
DC Fandome was pretty cool, this does look better even though I did like the original release.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Justice-League-Cyborg-actor-Ray-Fisher-and-Victor-Stone.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease

Jared Leto Returning As Joker In Justice League Snyder Cut
Jared Leto's Joker is making his big return to the DCEU as the Justice League Snyder Cut is adding the iconic Batman villain into the DC film.

BY ANDY BEHBAKHT1 DAY AGO

Jared-Leto-Returning-As-Joker-in-Justice-League-Snyder-Cut.jpg

Zack Snyder's Justice League is making a big addition to the HBO Max version of the film as Jared Leto's Joker is making a comeback. The DCEU has had an interesting year as the Snyder Cut will finally see the light of day. After the theatrical version of the film was retooled by Warner Bros. and Joss Whedon following Snyder's departure, the fandom launched a movement that took over three years of campaigning. But earlier this year, WarnerMedia granted their wish as the Justice League Snyder Cut is heading to HBO Max next year in a four-part format that will showcase Snyder's true vision for DC's iconic team.

Continue Scrolling To Keep ReadingClick the button below to start this article in quick view.

START NOW

One of the biggest characters that made an appearance earlier in the DCEU was The Joker, played by Leto, in 2016's Suicide Squad. But even that film was altered from David Ayer's original vision as his cut reportedly has a lot more of Leto's take on the iconic Clown Prince of Crime. While he has been referenced in films like Birds of Prey, Leto's Joker hasn't been seen since his DCEU debut. While Affleck's time as the Dark Knight looks to be continuing as he'll be in Ezra Miller's The Flash film, it's been a mystery if Leto was actually done as The Joker or not. But it appears that 2021 will give fans another glimpse at the character.

RELATED: Every DC & Justice League Character Teased By The Batman Set Photos

Leto is reportedly set to reprise the role of The Joker in the Justice League Snyder Cut as part of the ongoing reshoots. As revealed by THR, Leto is joining fellow actors like Ben Affleck, and Ray Fisher who are reprising their roles as Batman and Cyborg respectively. No specific details were revealed about The Joker's role in the film and whether it's a cameo or a bigger part. It remains to be seen if other DC characters will be added as part of Snyder's reshoots. With many mysteries still surrounding Snyder's full cut of the film, it wouldn't be too shocking if other DCEU actors board the project.

While they shared only a brief moment in Suicide Squad, Leto's addition may lead to Affleck's Batman sharing the screen with him once more. As Leto reprises the iconic DC villain, fans will get to see him in two major comic book films in 2021. As Leto seemed to be possibly done as the Joker, Sony ended up casting him as Morbius the Living Vampire for the upcoming solo film that was originally set to release this year. But due to COVID-19, Morbius, along with multiple films, has been rescheduled. It's possible that Morbius' current March 2021 date will be changed too as the global pandemic continues to affect the movie industry.

SPONSORED
Wedding Photographer Should've Deleted This Photo
BY BON VOYAGED
Nevertheless, Leto getting to return to the DC role is a major move for the DCEU as this could potentially lead to him starring in other DC projects. Warner Bros. was initially trying to work on a Joker solo film for Leto as well as a shared movie with Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn. Despite the projects being scrapped as of last year, Leto's return could perhaps indicate that at least one of those films will happen. Depending on what happens in the Snyder Cut, it's possible that there's now revived interest from WarnerMedia's side to continue Leto's run as The Joker. But viewers will have to wait till 2021 to find out how Leto's Joker plays into Snyder's Justice League.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease

Jared Leto Returning As Joker In Justice League Snyder Cut
Jared Leto's Joker is making his big return to the DCEU as the Justice League Snyder Cut is adding the iconic Batman villain into the DC film.

BY ANDY BEHBAKHT1 DAY AGO

Jared-Leto-Returning-As-Joker-in-Justice-League-Snyder-Cut.jpg

Zack Snyder's Justice League is making a big addition to the HBO Max version of the film as Jared Leto's Joker is making a comeback. The DCEU has had an interesting year as the Snyder Cut will finally see the light of day. After the theatrical version of the film was retooled by Warner Bros. and Joss Whedon following Snyder's departure, the fandom launched a movement that took over three years of campaigning. But earlier this year, WarnerMedia granted their wish as the Justice League Snyder Cut is heading to HBO Max next year in a four-part format that will showcase Snyder's true vision for DC's iconic team.

Continue Scrolling To Keep ReadingClick the button below to start this article in quick view.

START NOW

One of the biggest characters that made an appearance earlier in the DCEU was The Joker, played by Leto, in 2016's Suicide Squad. But even that film was altered from David Ayer's original vision as his cut reportedly has a lot more of Leto's take on the iconic Clown Prince of Crime. While he has been referenced in films like Birds of Prey, Leto's Joker hasn't been seen since his DCEU debut. While Affleck's time as the Dark Knight looks to be continuing as he'll be in Ezra Miller's The Flash film, it's been a mystery if Leto was actually done as The Joker or not. But it appears that 2021 will give fans another glimpse at the character.

RELATED: Every DC & Justice League Character Teased By The Batman Set Photos

Leto is reportedly set to reprise the role of The Joker in the Justice League Snyder Cut as part of the ongoing reshoots. As revealed by THR, Leto is joining fellow actors like Ben Affleck, and Ray Fisher who are reprising their roles as Batman and Cyborg respectively. No specific details were revealed about The Joker's role in the film and whether it's a cameo or a bigger part. It remains to be seen if other DC characters will be added as part of Snyder's reshoots. With many mysteries still surrounding Snyder's full cut of the film, it wouldn't be too shocking if other DCEU actors board the project.

While they shared only a brief moment in Suicide Squad, Leto's addition may lead to Affleck's Batman sharing the screen with him once more. As Leto reprises the iconic DC villain, fans will get to see him in two major comic book films in 2021. As Leto seemed to be possibly done as the Joker, Sony ended up casting him as Morbius the Living Vampire for the upcoming solo film that was originally set to release this year. But due to COVID-19, Morbius, along with multiple films, has been rescheduled. It's possible that Morbius' current March 2021 date will be changed too as the global pandemic continues to affect the movie industry.

SPONSORED
Wedding Photographer Should've Deleted This Photo
BY BON VOYAGED
Nevertheless, Leto getting to return to the DC role is a major move for the DCEU as this could potentially lead to him starring in other DC projects. Warner Bros. was initially trying to work on a Joker solo film for Leto as well as a shared movie with Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn. Despite the projects being scrapped as of last year, Leto's return could perhaps indicate that at least one of those films will happen. Depending on what happens in the Snyder Cut, it's possible that there's now revived interest from WarnerMedia's side to continue Leto's run as The Joker. But viewers will have to wait till 2021 to find out how Leto's Joker plays into Snyder's Justice League.
He wasn't horrible, but he was the worst. Lol!!