Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
:giggle:
I read your review - and it reminded me of the first thoughts I had about Wonder Woman...
the holes flaws you mentioned are the type to keep getting larger or harsher

Man these wholes are getting bigger and bigger

and then they just keep creating shit..

Like Wonder Woman didn't mention shit about Atlantians or motherboxes

and it damn sure didn't mention Shit about the Amazons, Atlantians, Man, Green Lanterns, and the Gods... all joining forces to Fight Steppenwolf. Or the Fact that the Amazons had a motherbox this entire time on the island.

Like these are important ass details.... they just add more fucking questions.

Like this was the exact blurb from the very beginning of Wonder Woman...

"Millennia ago, Zeus created mankind. Ares was jealous of this, and corrupted these creatures to war against each other. In response, the Gods of Olympus created the Amazons to serve as an example to men. And men enslaved them. After Hippolyta and Antiope led a revolt against their captors and the Gods helped them, the God of War slew them all. Only Zeus survived, but he was mortally injured. With his final actions, Zeus created Themyscira, so the Amazons could escape Ares' vision. He also left them a great weapon with which they could kill the errant god. After being shown the hall of relics, Diana thinks this "God Killer" to be a sword."

So where does this battle with Steppenwolf fit into this?

Diana's mother Hippolyta was shown in this battle. How does this huge Earth Changing battle get glossed over.....

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yup. Co-Sign everything here. I gotta give a better, more in depth review when I get a chance. Matter fact, I need to see this again and then check out the screenplay when I can to see what the hell they changed. I want to give it a 7 but my brain starts working and it goes down.

Also from what I've heard, Cyborg and Flash might be combined into a buddy flick. I have NO idea if they are gonna do Flashpoint. That would be another milestone to hit but that's all so risky right now. This is a young Flash, he aint hero flash yet.

I always thought that about Man of Steel. He wasn't the "real" Supes we know. Not yet. He was too green. He was still green in Batmna V Superman too. This is along the lines of where we should be going with Supes.

There are also rumors about Ben Affleck NOT staying on a s Batman and wanting some sort of a graceful exit from the role. I don't know if this will come to pass but I hope not. This might just be them trolling or so I hear but if Ben leaves, they have to replace him and I just don't know where his head is if they don't go with him in the new planned Matt Reeves Batman flick.

I'm pissed about Supes black suit tho. I cant even front. They could've done the beard. They could've done the long hair too. And to be honest, I'm starting to think they should've kept the mustache on too. This is a trivial gripe I know but it was disappointing. Fanboys are going to flip this flick off for that.

Yup. He looked EXACTLY like Slade too.

Thing is like @fonzerrillii said, he looks like a comic book accurate version of Slade. From the comics for sure, NOT the one from that original Teen Titans cartoon. His voice is good. Beard and everything looks right because its all natural. Him standing opposite of Lex almost fucks up the scene. Its a contrast of what works against what doesn't work and Jesse is STILL playing Lex the same silly way. I just don't understand what he's doing. That nigga knows better.

I see what you mean. Its easy to confuse them.

It was still a stab but Marvel had a hopeful map set up. After Hulk the after credit tag was Tony approaching the General in a bar and talking about The Avengers just like Fury did with him. By time we got to Iron Man 2, we see Thor's Hammer in the ground in New Mexico and that was truly an OH SHIT moment.

I think DC has a plan too but it isn't working as good as they wanted it too and they are making adjustments as they go on. The runtime on this didn't help either. I wanted to see more. Maybe it will be on the extended cut.

oNE

1. I could accept a Cyborg and Flash team up, but Flash is no way ready for his own movie. Not even close..... This isn't a spiderman Young Peter Parker situation. This guy hasn't even started being a hero and is honestly mostly a coward in this film.

2. I fucking hate that they took the black suit out. They really had a great set up for an evil Superman or at least a confused Superman.... but they fucking erased all of that by the 3rd act. Like he was completely back to normal. That destroys what ever they attempted to set up within Batman v Superman with Bruce Wayne's Flash forward dream sequence. 10 million dollars down the drain.

3. Ding Ding.. Muther fucking Ding on Slade Wilson... It was a glaring problem when he stood next to Lex. I was sitting there thinking... Why would you be taking orders from this dude. What does Lex really have to offer at this point?

Also 3 movies in and still no idea why Lex was keeping records of those three metahumans. I mean ZERO reason why.. and anytime they attempt to bring in a New Hero that would have been around during Batman v. Superman.... You have to ask Why didn't Lex keep a track on this guy? It's a small question... but it's a question that you have to ask, because BVS made such a big deal about Lex's meta human files.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
i heard that the film was just about 3hrs and edited down to 2hrs. along with Joss Whedon coming in with his input.....

There should be tons of plot holes.

I'll wait for the DVD directors cut.

I just want it to succeed so we can have more...

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
shame too because wonder woman is good
Maybe they can build off that.
Keep her and change everything else.
Make another wonder woman then start each character over like marvel in their own movie.
They could do green lantern since shazam is already started.
That would give some time for Batman/Superman to air out.
I actually like this guy for superman but he needs some better writing.
And no need to retell origin stories.

Last edited:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Fuck it. Keep going and truly try to get it on order or give up. They can't do this again when they will just run into the same WB issues.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
1. I could accept a Cyborg and Flash team up, but Flash is no way ready for his own movie. Not even close..... This isn't a spiderman Young Peter Parker situation. This guy hasn't even started being a hero and is honestly mostly a coward in this film.

:smh: Ezra Miller wearing lipstick to the JL premiere

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:smh: Ezra Miller wearing lipstick to the JL premiere
the-flash-ezra-miller.jpg

the-flash-justice-league-time-warp-1012569.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If Brett Ratner isnt fired yet they may have to :lol:
Brett's company is the primary investor for DC movies- he already walked away from WB voluntarily
but he is personally still owed points on future films... requiring a buy out of some type.

As for his company - you can't "fire" the money and contracts don't dissolve easily.
People/ corps behind Brett ain't letting WB off the hook for the $$ and films owed - or they'll seek penalties.

So Gal will compromise and be satisfied Brett is no longer at WB and accept that Brett and Co still eating off the movies
or she will get a lesson in economics

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Maybe they can build off that.
Keep her and change everything else.
Make another wonder woman then start each character over like marvel in their own movie.
They could do green lantern since shazam is already started.
That would give some time for Batman/Superman to air out.
I actually like this guy for superman but he needs some better writing.
And no need to retell origin stories.

This movie showed me it was the writing..

He is on when he is reading Joss's reshoot lines. He said a couple lines during the big battle that made me say... "See this is the Superman that I need" Especially a couple lines that he said with Cyborg.

Man Joss honestly should have been on this from day one.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Brett's company is the primary investor for DC movies- he already walked away from WB voluntarily
but he is personally still owed points on future films... requiring a buy out of some type.

As for his company - you can't "fire" the money and contracts don't dissolve easily.
People/ corps behind Brett ain't letting WB off the hook for the $$ and films owed - or they'll seek penalties.

So Gal will compromise and be satisfied Brett is no longer at WB and accept that Brett and Co still eating off the movies
or she will get a lesson in economics

In todays Sexual Harassment world... If Gal Gadot makes this an issue, WB will have no choice but to cave in. They need Wonder Woman right now. I think WB will buy him out.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In todays Sexual Harassment world... If Gal Gadot makes this an issue, WB will have no choice but to cave in. They need Wonder Woman right now. I think WB will buy him out.
its not a matter of caving in
financial realities...
complying with her demands fully -would bankrupt the studio
its not buying out Brett - he left already - its his company which is a front for investors
that has the financial agreements for DC.
Those investors will sue and win.
and while that is in litigation no bank and very few financials will fund WB movies

Last edited:

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Peeping this weekend. This is still going to do huge numbers even with poor reviews BvS and the absolutely awful Suicide Squad did solid numbers despite the critical drubbing so expect JL to do the same.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did Cyborg say "Boo-Yah" at least once?

Did Cyborg play or sing "When the night begins to shine?"

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
See that’s that the thing... find me a path for it to hit a Billion. Thor is still doing strong numbers and Next week Disney’s Coco Movie comes out.. Pixar movies typical do big numbers and this one has Hispanic flavor.

Then Star Wars comes out in less then 4 weeks to slaughter everyone. It’s going to be tough. It’s going to have to make most of its money this weekend because it will take a dip next week.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
its not a matter of caving in
financial realities...
complying with her demands fully -would bankrupt the studio
its not buying out Brett - he left already - its his company which is a front for investors
that has the financial agreements for DC.
Those investors will sue and win.
and while that is in litigation no bank and very few financials will fund WB movies

Just read on EW that Brett Ratner is officially off Wonder Woman 2 and Rat PAC dune is not financing .... it either.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Just read on EW that Brett Ratner is officially off Wonder Woman 2 and Rat PAC dune is not financing .... it either.
maybe you can make side money as a critic... I'm getting same info from them as your review lastnight

Robie Collin (The Telegraph): “Warner Bros.’ latest hapless attempt to jump-start their DC Comics blockbuster brand, which at this point looks less like a cinematic universe than a pop-cultural black hole, sucking up as much money and audience goodwill as the studio can shovel into it … It’s consistently embarrassing to watch, and features plot holes so yawningly vast they have a kind of Grand Canyon-like splendour: part of you wants to hang around to see what they look like at sunset … the end result is a broken film, swimming in bad CGI and forgettable mayhem, that you can’t imagine any number of rewrites or reshoots could have saved…Justice League is a mess in ways cheaper productions could only dream about. A post-credits scene dutifully teases more to come, but the film’s heart just isn’t in it. After Justice League, there’s nowhere else any of this can go..”

Owen Gleiberman (Variety): “The film is the definition of an adequate high-spirited studio lark: no more, no less. If fans get excited about it, that may mostly be because they’re excited about getting excited. Yet the movie is no cheat. It’s a tasty franchise delivery system that kicks a certain series back into gear. Every moment feels like it’s been test-driven for our pleasure. As a piece of product, “Justice League” is “superior” to “Batman v Superman,” but it’s also about as close to generic as a sharp-witted high-octane comic-book movie can get. There’s hardly a trope in it you haven’t seen before.”

Katie Walsh (Chicago Tribune): “Snyder brought a level of darkness and nihilism to this franchise, so it’s very, very strange that “Justice League” is as quippy as it is. No doubt this is due to the presence of Whedon, who takes a screenwriting credit, but it just does not fit with Snyder’s dour takes on the characters. Not to mention the dialogue is painful. Miller’s neurotic routine is initially quite charming, until his one-liners become incredibly cheesy and tired. Aquaman peppers his speech with many dude-brah phrases, while Cyborg, regrettably, utters “boo-yah” at one point …Gadot as Wonder Woman is a bright spot, a reminder of her wondrous stand-alone film from this summer. But the snippets of scenes with the Amazons won’t satisfy anyone looking for more Amazonian fun

Last edited: