Just when Nicki is cleaning up Ashanti is dirtying down...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

50060082232_08ffb7c5e8_n.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Verzuz Postpones the Ashanti and Keyshia Cole Battle (Again)
By Zoe Haylock@zoe_alliyah
Keyshia Cole and Ashanti. Photo-Illustration: Vulture, Getty Images and Shutterstock

41f32d86a74113144b9480b322dca110cc-keyshia-cole-ashanti-1.rsquare.w330.jpg

As the OG coronavirus and the new coronavirus variant battle to take out the globe, Verzuz has officially postponed this Saturday’s showdown between Ashanti and Keyshia Cole, citing the emotional events of the week and rising COVID-19 rates. “As much as we enjoy having everyone together in the same room, to protect the artists and everyone who works with us in putting the shows together, we’ll be going back to separate locations for a bit,” they wrote in a statement. “We’re excited for the next few events, and look forward to getting back to the show in the coming weeks.” Verzuz was originally a socially distant production over Instagram Live, but as it took off last summer, the artists began meeting in person. Verzuz added that the Ashanti versus Keyshia Cole Verzuz is now “coming soon.” We’ve heard that one before.

The showdown between the two R&B icons has already been postponed once. Ashanti had to push the event from December after she contracted COVID-19. She was down to do Verzuz from quarantine, but Keyshia Cole wanted to meet up old-school-style (in person, that is). “I want to give you a hug,” Cole told Ashanti at the time. “I want to love on you. I want to sing your songs in front of you. I want you to be there and do the same. I want you to enjoy our flowers. I want to enjoy my flowers, and I want us to be united as one.” Alexa, play “Foolish” by Ashanti.