Just tried to reserve a rental car for the weekend....

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
That shit is retarded. 3 years ago I rented a Porsche Cayenne in Hawaii for a week for $1100 . I should go see what they charging now.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Try AAA and Hertz using the AAA discount; rent the cheapest thing they have and then finesse a free upgrade at pickup; worked for me at Hobby in Houston a few months back; under $100 for a Friday morning - Sunday evening rental.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The thing is a lot of off airport rentals want to hold x amount of dollars. Plus it's more convenient to pick up and drop off at the airport.
and they are never out of cars,......people returning cars every other minute at the airport.
this time i had to use the airport as a last resort because everywhere else was sold out.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know what the fuck happened but rental prices are insane now. My wife rented a car a few weeks ago and she searched like a mad woman and found a deal for less than $300 for a week.

They gonna have to lower them prices. Ain't nobody paying $600-$800 to rent a car! I'll take my old ass 2005 Malibu Maxx in for an oil change and coolant change and brake check and hit the fucking road. Just bought new tires.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Geesh still ridiculous I see.
We went to Hawaii a few months back and the minimum was $300 per day.
They said they had to send a bunch of cars to the mainland and there was a shortage
Smh.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Lol yep going to Hawaii in November and been trying to rent cars. Got 30 mufuckas going

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't know what the fuck happened but rental prices are insane now. My wife rented a car a few weeks ago and she searched like a mad woman and found a deal for less than $300 for a week.

They gonna have to lower them prices. Ain't nobody paying $600-$800 to rent a car! I'll take my old ass 2005 Malibu Maxx in for an oil change and coolant change and brake check and hit the fucking road. Just bought new tires.
Lol...people are paying it... pent up demand.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Heard AirBnB is getting ridiculous also. I have not used AirBnB myself but all the travel forums are bitchin' about the price hike the owners are doing.

Covid impacted the hotel industry so people rented private homes instead. Now those owners are feeling themselves and getting greedy.