Just tried to reserve a rental car for the weekend....

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
That shit is retarded. 3 years ago I rented a Porsche Cayenne in Hawaii for a week for $1100 . I should go see what they charging now.
For what OP was being charged for his vehicle, you'd better bring an extra arm and a leg...... they're probably gonna want one or both of them....

Rip2dbone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tenor.gif

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Geesh still ridiculous I see.
We went to Hawaii a few months back and the minimum was $300 per day.
They said they had to send a bunch of cars to the mainland and there was a shortage
Smh.
They always have good prices for you and your man....... you must be excellent.... tippers

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Wouldn’t have this problem if America went back to the Good Ol’ Days were we made everything in the Continental United States and was not dependent on any other country for basic shit like screws, gaskets and filters.
I remember those days..... where they paid good wages and everything wasn't about the "bottom line" for company investors....:rolleyes:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I switched to Turo. Used it for my last 2 trips. Saved 100s of dollars when I compared with rental companies.
Explain Turo cause I tried it last weekend and the “trip fee” aka Turo’s cut was damn near the cost of a full days rental. By the time I added that plus taxes and fees, I was well over the mark.

Ended up using Hertz in the end.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Try AAA and the Hertz using the AAA discount; rent the cheapest thing they have and then finesse a free upgrade at pickup; worked for me at Hobby in Houston w few months back; under $100 for a Friday morning - Sunday evening rental.

It's way more than that for some cars. A few weeks ago I looked up my current car a 2014 just because. I've had it for almost 4 years and put about 60,000 miles on it, the average sale price is roughly what I paid for it when it was three years old.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking For The Wise .....:dunno:

Win.

Explain Turo cause I tried it last weekend and the “trip fee” aka Turo’s cut was damn near the cost of a full days rental. By the time I added that plus taxes and fees, I was well over the mark.

Ended up using Hertz in the end.

Under normal circumstances it can be cheaper than a traditional rental. It's individual owners renting out their personal cars, so especially in large cities sometimes more exotics are available, and the normal cars they allow can be up to 10 years old so cheaper than a normal rental. But as it's been said, there's a shortage and everyone is aware so everyone is taking advantage right now.

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heard AirBnB is getting ridiculous also. I have not used AirBnB myself but all the travel forums are bitchin' about the price hike the owners are doing.

Covid impacted the hotel industry so people rented private homes instead. Now those owners are feeling themselves and getting greedy.

Haven’t noticed a difference in their prices

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

FOH

might as well go out and buy a fuckin used SUV for the weekend.......

U have a Costco membership? I'm seeing $1070 total for Prem SUV at the same airport and times thru Avis. Alamo's just under $900

EDIT: Something ain't right... I checked the same directly thru Avis as a non-member and it's $1350

N8QBNxF_d.webp

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Lol. I considered that option, then I got the Hyundai
Not sure if it works anymore but I’d use Retailmenot.com and get them 50% off discount codes and clean up renting luxury jawns. Especially in LA where they have kisoks and you don’t interact with a human who may question if the code is from some business or fitness center. But I never ran into a problem. Hertz was the shit . I rarely fly into LAX. Always Long Beach or Santa Ana. Much easier

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
U have a Costco membership? I'm seeing $1070 total for Prem SUV at the same airport and times thru Avis. Alamo's just under $900

EDIT: Something ain't right... I checked the same directly thru Avis as a non-member and it's $1350

N8QBNxF_d.webp
Nah.....I was able to get something cheaper thru Budget at the airport. It was around $425.
Crazy part is.....Avis and Budget are one in the same.....lol

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who drives in Vegas? Then again there's old Vegas and Hoover Dam and shit outside the city

We went out to Red Rock Canyon & Valley of fire. If you take one of the tours Red Rock alone starts at $77 per person.. We rented a Ford Focus & because they made a mistake they upgraded us to a Charger ended up being around $100 with tax & fees. Plus I wanted to hit Las Vegas Cigar Outlet, Circa & a couple of other spots, so knocked all that out while we had the car.