Just Received a Cashiers Check For $50K. I Have a Few Questions For Y'all Big Brains

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Anything but this!

Put it in a 90 day CD if you're indecisive and just want a place holder. You'll get a couple hundred bucks and by end of January should know what you wanna do long term .

THIS seems like my first move. I bank at Bank of America which owns Merrill Lynch. 90 days gives me some time to think long term. And you're right, I"m not opposed to earning another $200 to $300 bucks by February.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I need to cash $15k profit from a hard cash loan... I know im going to get fucked in taxes.. Someone suggested opening an Scorp and paying myself small checks through out the year to avoid getting hit hard on taxes.. any thoughts?
Horrible idea

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Take the 50k and put it all in Voyager and buy Bitcoin
You will get up to 6.5% interest per annum PLUS make money off the volatility of BTC
If you buy USDC on there and keep it you will get up to 9.5% per annum
FYI - Extra 1% from holding 10,000 VGX tokens
Interest paid out monthly (last day of month)
Thank me later

Referral Link Below

https://voyager.onelink.me/WNly/referral?af_sub5=LTOEPA (App Only)

About Company

Untitled-design-4-1.png

ElmmXAYXgAU32nt.jpg

Last edited:

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I second index funds, specially those that a dividend driven. U get way more than any bank savings account, plus the added benefit if market goes up. If the market goes down don't touch it. Buy more.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With $50k I would buy safe ETF's and sit on it... VTI mimics the s&p 500... buy vti and cash out in 10 years..

Good advice

VGT will double that 50k in 5-7 years. In 10 years could be sitting on 150k. Pull out gotta pay 15% but easy money

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That's a good question re: 50k.

In the past when interest was better, I liked putting money into GICs and CSBs (Canada Savings Bonds).

At the moment I keep a little bit in a powerchecking acct to pay bills. The rest is in mutual funds (RRSP portfolio), TFSA (Tax-Free Savings), HISA (High-Interest Savings - which isn't much now) and two 50k GICs which come due next June.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dudes always talking shit about bgol accountants but I got my credit from 490 to 780+ and got my first house off information from Bgol

Its funny I was going to say I have made soooo much money off BGOL info. I have met more then one cat from here who are getting PAID and are a wealth of knowledge. Ive used atleast 3 cats here products, and have had over 300 unique customers just from BGOL....
\BGOL is THOROUGH!

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
That's a good question re: 50k.

In the past when interest was better, I liked putting money into GICs and CSBs (Canada Savings Bonds).

At the moment I keep a little bit in a powerchecking acct to pay bills. The rest is in mutual funds (RRSP portfolio), TFSA (Tax-Free Savings), HISA (High-Interest Savings - which isn't much now) and two 50k GICs which come due next June.

A little bit over my head Bro @Helico-pterFunk but I'm def writing down what you said to take to an FC next week.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol2: Bro don't tempt me. Told the wife I could quadruple the money playing poker live or online. Don't know shit about bitcoin though.

Lol...on the real dont invest in something you're not too sure about... but man, if you take a percentage of that and use it as "fuck off" money, you can make some money in FanDuel and DraftKings if you know what your doing. Been doing it since 2013...no greater feeling than spending $12 (2 lineups) and winning 5k in a couple of hours.

Also, read up on bitcoin. I'll advise anyone that if they have extra money to put a percentage of their portfolio in cryptocurrency.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
A little bit over my head Bro @Helico-pterFunk but I'm def writing down what you said to take to an FC next week.

It's all good, G'. All the best with what you do with it.

It's frustrating with the low(er) returns these days. I can recall a stretch about 10 years back I was living off of interest alone & not even having to touch paychecks. Listened to some stories from dad and late grandparents about returns they were getting way back. Hell ...

They had some investments getting 10, 12, 15, and even 19%.

I was like damn ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Lol...on the real dont invest in something you're not too sure about... but man, if you take a percentage of that and use it as "fuck off" money, you can make some money in FanDuel and DraftKings if you know what your doing. Been doing it since 2013...no greater feeling than spending $12 (2 lineups) and winning 5k in a couple of hours.

Damn!

:cheers::thumbsup::money:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Don’t take any advice from someone who’s net worth is not where you want to be
You’d be a fool to listen to some of these cats
Dudes always talking shit about bgol accountants but I got my credit from 490 to 780+ and got my first house off information from Bgol
Its funny I was going to say I have made soooo much money off BGOL info. I have met more then one cat from here who are getting PAID and are a wealth of knowledge. Ive used atleast 3 cats here products, and have had over 300 unique customers just from BGOL....
\BGOL is THOROUGH!

That's why I put this on the board. Lot of you cats are real professionals in your real life and many others have made some bad and good decisions resulting in some solid experience. Just because a dude asks for information doesn't mean he's going to use it.

Those that put down information gathered from bgol are probably speaking for themselves.

That's why I came onto the board regarding my website.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
It's all good, G'. All the best with what you do with it.

It's frustrating with the low(er) returns these days. I can recall a stretch about 10 years back I was living off of interest alone & not even having to touch paychecks. Listened to some stories from dad and late grandparents about returns they were getting way back. Hell ...

They had some investments getting 10, 12, 15, and even 19%.

I was like damn ...

I remember the early days of CDs and their returns. I guess they're still a thing for a 90 day holding space.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I remember the early days of CDs and their returns. I guess they're still a thing for a 90 day holding space.

Could be a possibility.

Yeah ... I remember seeing plenty of banks & credit unions were competing with their 2.5, 5 & 7 - 8% 3-year GICs within the past decade and change. Whereas I'm noticing more (locally) offering 1 - 3 year ones at lower rates now. Whereas older generation was like - "Nah fuck that ... we were getting in that 10 - 19% range for stretches ..."

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That's why I put this on the board. Lot of you cats are real professionals in your real life and many others have made some bad and good decisions resulting in some solid experience.

Agreed. Forums and message boards are great for a mixture of opinions. Advice is definitely helpful.

On a somewhat related note ... I remember buying my first property in 2009. We did the real estate search from the fall of 2008 to spring of 2009. One of my coworkers who is just over 20 years older had bought a place a year prior. He told me to bring in open house spec' sheets & we'd look them over after shift change. He gave me his pros/cons & photocopied some sheets for further follow-up. My cousin who's a bit older (about 4 years) also has some relatives in the biz. A cousin of his who is a contractor, and that guy's younger sister who's a realtor. They looked over some stuff for me too.

Pops told me to keep a close eye on places I thought were 7 or 8 out of 10 or higher. Places of interest. My realtor was a good dude too. Little bit younger - big sports fan. It was like talking to my younger brother.

Getting that extra feedback & additional perspectives. Nice in making future choices.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Forums and message boards are great for a mixture of opinions. Advice is definitely helpful.

On a somewhat related note ... I remember buying my first property in 2009. We did the real estate search from the fall of 2008 to spring of 2009. One of my coworkers who is just over 20 years older had bought a place a year prior. He told me to bring in open house spec' sheets & we'd look them over after shift change. He gave me his pros/cons & photocopied some sheets for further follow-up. My cousin who's a bit older (about 4 years) also has some relatives in the biz. A cousin of his who is a contractor, and that guy's younger sister who's a realtor. They looked over some stuff for me too.

Pops told me to keep a close eye on places I thought were 7 or 8 out of 10 or higher. Places of interest. My realtor was a good dude too. Little bit younger - big sports fan. It was like talking to my younger brother.

Getting that extra feedback & additional perspectives. Nice in making future choices.

Good experience you have brother. Sounds like you respected your Pops like I did mine.