Judas and the Black Messiah (discussion)

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
KingCACharqa

Keone the parasitic shape shifting grifter. Peele made this movie bout you. Mystique from X Men ass.

_8900d87c-516c-11e9-a540-e59d8ae6a1ea.jpg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Here's a problem I have with modern day black folk. We try to act as though we have always been speaking this cracker asa cracker king's English. White people have made us think that our dialect was ignorant and we should strive to sound more like them.

I say that to say, when people hear Daniel's portrayal of Fred, they take the accent and dialect as being a caricature. What people don't get is, we had our own sound, walk, slang, etc, and we got tricked into thinking it was ghetto. Imagine Jamaicans believing that speaking patois was ignorant.

Nonetheless, here is a short clip of brother Fred. Daniel does a really good impersonation.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
And hold on so we going to go with the narrative that Tubman "flopped" because of Cynthia? It made 43 million against a 17 million dollar budget. Arctic Dogs came out the same weekend and made 9 million on a 50 million dollar budget. Now that is a FLOP.
Man, people love throwing the word flop around. Harriet made money. The same was said about The Birth of a Nation which had a budget of $8.5 Million. It grossed $17 Million at the box office and is still pulling in money via TV. This is why Nate Parker isn't really tripping right now. I loved this movie by the way. My boys and I watch everytime it comes on.

Nonetheless, I don't care what critics say or what the public opinion is. No movie producer wanted to finance Spike Lee's, Malcolm X. He had to get money from Bill Cosby (who donated first and the most money and convinced the others to donate as well), Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Janet Jackson, and Prince. According to critics, Denzel's portrayal wasn't worthy of an award.

This movie will be great. It may not be a commercial success, but it is needed and will provide much needed positive imagery regarding the Black Panthers and the evil the U.S. government is capable of.

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it actually gets better after she shows up. she basically is the show for the most part.
Which is odd because I was a couple of episodes in and then they introduced her and I was like.....huh? Because I thought she was the a main character on the show which I guess she is.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, people love throwing the word flop around. Harriet made money. The same was said about The Birth of a Nation which had a budget of $8.5 Million. It grossed $17 Million at the box office and is still pulling in money via TV. This is why Nate Parker isn't really tripping right now. I loved this movie by the way. My boys and I watch everytime it comes on.

Nonetheless, I don't care what critics say or what the public opinion is. No movie producer wanted to finance Spike Lee's, Malcolm X. He had to get money from Bill Cosby (who donated first and the most money and convinced the others to donate as well), Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Janet Jackson, and Prince. According to critics, Denzel's portrayal wasn't worthy of an award.

This movie will be great. It may not be a commercial success, but it is needed and will provide much needed positive imagery regarding the Black Panthers and the evil the U.S. government is capable of.

I love it too. One of my favorite movies on some real shit. I'm still pissed that The Birth of a Nation didn't get more love then it got. They didn't like the subject of the movie so they digged up whatever dirt they could on Nate.

And yeah in reality its impossible to call something a "flop" because we don't know what the true budget truly is or how much money the product has made. Because a film can make 5 million in box office but if it cost 100,000 to make.....that's a profit and that's not a flop.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
LaKeith Stanfield posting cryptic tweets then taking down his IG again. The pressure of being the "judas snitch" attached to this flop is becoming too much to bear. I keep telling yall, the block is hot for these films.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
LaKeith Stanfield posting cryptic tweets then taking down his IG again. The pressure of being the "judas snitch" attached to this flop is becoming too much to bear. I keep telling yall, the block is hot for these films.

I think this is unrelated. He has been showing unstability over the couple of years. This is an obvious plea for help.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Lakeith Stanfield To Voice African Samurai In Netflix Anime Series ‘Yasuke’

October 27, 2020 - 11:10 pm by VIBE Staff

The series, from LeSean Thomas, will arrive next year.

Lakeith Stanfield will voice the starring role in, Yasuke, an upcoming Netflix anime series on the first known African samurai. The streaming giant announced a handful of new anime programs along with updates on nearly a dozen others during the 2020 Netflix Anime Festival live stream from Japan on Tuesday (Oct. 26), Deadline reports.

Set in war torn Japan, the series chronicles Yasuke’s struggle to keep the peace following a violent past life. A change in circumstances forces him to take up the sword in protection of a “mysterious” child who becomes the focus of “dark forces.”

Read More
Issa Rae And Lakeith Stanfield Explore Love's Definition In 'The Photograph' Trailer

LeSean Thomas created, executive produced, and directed the series with character design from Japanese animator, Takeshi Koike, and music from Flying Lotus. Stanfield is also an executive producer on the series.

Last year, Chadwick Boseman was reportedly in talks to portray a live-action version of the story. The actor passed away in August.

Yasuke is believed to have arrived in Japan in 1579 and was trained by legendary warlord Oda Nobunaga. The animated series debuts on Netflix next year.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

“America’s on fire right now, and until that fire’s extinguished, nothing else means a damn thing,” says Fred Hampton, the chairman of the Black Panther Party who was assassinated by the FBI, in the new trailer for Judas and the Black Messiah. The film stars Academy Award nominee Daniel Kaluuya as Hampton and depicts the betrayal and assassination of the revolutionary political activist. Directed by Shaka King and produced by Ryan Coogler and Warner Bros., Judas and the Black Messiah reunites Kaluuya with his Get Out co-star LaKeith Stanfield, who portrays FBI informant William O’Neal, and features Moonlight’s Ashton Sanders, Lil Rel Howery, Jesse Plemons, and Martin Sheen. In the trailer, we follow Hampton, soon to be a father, as he inspires an uprising, and O’Neal as he wrestles with a difficult ultimatum. Judas and the Black Messiah is heading to theaters and streaming exclusively on HBO Max on February 12. The year has already started off with societal, racial, and political unrest. Judas and the Black Messiah can’t come soon enough.​

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

“America’s on fire right now, and until that fire’s extinguished, nothing else means a damn thing,” says Fred Hampton, the chairman of the Black Panther Party who was assassinated by the FBI, in the new trailer for Judas and the Black Messiah. The film stars Academy Award nominee Daniel Kaluuya as Hampton and depicts the betrayal and assassination of the revolutionary political activist. Directed by Shaka King and produced by Ryan Coogler and Warner Bros., Judas and the Black Messiah reunites Kaluuya with his Get Out co-star LaKeith Stanfield, who portrays FBI informant William O’Neal, and features Moonlight’s Ashton Sanders, Lil Rel Howery, Jesse Plemons, and Martin Sheen. In the trailer, we follow Hampton, soon to be a father, as he inspires an uprising, and O’Neal as he wrestles with a difficult ultimatum. Judas and the Black Messiah is heading to theaters and streaming exclusively on HBO Max on February 12. The year has already started off with societal, racial, and political unrest. Judas and the Black Messiah can’t come soon enough.​

:yes:

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Judas and the Black Messiah.

image uploader

I am sure some ADOS are going to be pissed because an African is the lead character.

In fact I have been told that on Club House there is a room called #NotMyFredHampton where folks were expressing their frustration as to why an African is playing the lead character. Sad enough, I hear that the brother Lakeith Stanfield was supporting the motion. WTF?

The problem is the global system of racism/white supremacy.

:angry:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member