Judas and the Black Messiah (discussion)

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great movie but seriously are these two the only new black actors that are in Hollywood?like goddamn spread it around let some other actors get a chance to star in something.One of them dudes is British,let him go back across the pound and make a movie of two.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Movie will flop just like Harriet. I dont expect a great movie about a revolutionary from a major corporation. And Kaluuya's accent and look just isnt Fred in the trailer.

I will say it again very slow...

"If you are not ADOS, you don't need to be playing ADOS historical icons on film right now. The block is very hot."

We just had a race/ethnicity convo yesterday, but yall go ahead and play dumb and say Daniel Kaluuya is the EXACT same as a black man from Louisiana or theres no difference due to white gaze. "We all Black American", " yall are divisive ", " I can't turn down these good white folks money, yada yada". :smh:

I just posted Zoe Saldana begging for mercy and forgiveness, thats bout to be Danny in 4 years. None of his work is gonna stand the test of time in the US. I understand Danny is all about his tribe so he doesn't care how we feel as long as white folks are paying him, but hes about to find out they not gonna be able to protect him and that shit isnt a joke.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Movie will flop just like Harriet. I dont expect a great movie about a revolutionary from a major corporation.
Nonetheless, my sons will be watching this with me the day it is available. Birth of a Nation is considered "a flop" but is a much watch for all black folk especially those who do not know about NT Turner. The same for this movie. It is important for the publuc, specifically black people, to know understand that the Black Panther party was positive and systematically infiltrated by the government. Most importantly, that Chairman Fred was murdered in cold blood by our government.

"If you are not ADOS, you don't need to be playing ADOS historical icons on film right now.
I respect your opinion. However, if the choice is to not have the movie made or have someone of a different Nationality play an "acting" role.....i choose the latter.

Its called acting. And he's good. We gotta fall back from this division it will only prove detrimental to all black folk worldwide.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Nonetheless, my sons will be watching this with me the day it is available. Birth of a Nation is considered "a flop" but is a much watch for all black folk especially those who do not know about NT Turner. The same for this movie. It is important for the publuc, specifically black people, to know understand that the Black Panther party was positive and systematically infiltrated by the government. Most importantly, that Chairman Fred was murdered in cold blood by our government.

I respect your opinion. However, if the choice is to not have the movie made or have someone of a different Nationality play an "acting" role.....i choose the latter.

Its called acting. And he's good. We gotta fall back from this division it will only prove detrimental to all black folk worldwide.

BGOL is the only place online where the idea that you can have something specifically about Black American culture and history be successful without the support or co-sign of Black Americans exists. I told you guys how Harriet would end up, seen or heard Cynthia Erivo in anything lately? Brushing us off isnt gonna work. :smh:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Movie will flop just like Harriet. I dont expect a great movie about a revolutionary from a major corporation. And Kaluuya's accent and look just isnt Fred in the trailer.

I will say it again very slow...

"If you are not ADOS, you don't need to be playing ADOS historical icons on film right now. The block is very hot."

We just had a race/ethnicity convo yesterday, but yall go ahead and play dumb and say Daniel Kaluuya is the EXACT same as a black man from Louisiana or theres no difference due to white gaze. "We all Black American", " yall are divisive ", " I can't turn down these good white folks money, yada yada". :smh:

I just posted Zoe Saldana begging for mercy and forgiveness, thats bout to be Danny in 4 years. None of his work is gonna stand the test of time in the US. I understand Danny is all about his tribe so he doesn't care how we feel as long as white folks are paying him, but hes about to find out they not gonna be able to protect him and that shit isnt a joke.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its more than likely shot very well a la Queen & Slim. Hollywood knows they gotta dress their bullshit up.
Good point. I thought that too looked good on 1st trailer. Still hadnt seen it yet based on reviews from people i trust. This looks legit tho.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
great movie but seriously are these two the only new black actors that are in Hollywood?like goddamn spread it around let some other actors get a chance to star in something.One of them dudes is British,let him go back across the pound and make a movie of two.
If this was the early 90s you'd be all like: " why is it always denzel, Mario van peebles or Wesley? They couldn't find anybody else?" If it wasnt them two it would've been Chadwick Bozeman or Michael. B Jordan, or. Anthony Mackie for this movie Thats how it is in Hollywood. Its a new generation.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
If this was the early 90s you'd be all like: " why is it always denzel, Mario van peebles or Wesley? They couldn't find anybody else?" If it wasnt them two it would've been Chadwick Bozeman or Michael. B Jordan, or. Anthony Mackie for this movie Thats how it is in Hollywood. Its a new generation.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Why you listening to that hater big bro. Ask him if he seen to be talking big shit like that.

Im a hater cuz im not excited to see immigrants perform shitty Black American accents in film? :lol:

Yall always wanting to be pretending to be us for the world to see. Black Americans have built a culture as grand and influential as the Egyptians, the Ashanti, etc or any other great Black civilization in history. We take pride in the rest of the diaspora having to mimic us to be considered great as an actor. Danny cant be great being and talking like a Ugandan on film.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Good point. I thought that too looked good on 1st trailer. Still hadnt seen it yet based on reviews from people i trust. This looks legit tho.
Naw, didn't feel like I needed to see Queen and Slim. It didn't resonate with me.
BGOL is the only place online where the idea that you can have something specifically about Black American culture and history be successful without the support or co-sign of Black Americans exists. I told you guys how Harriet would end up, seen or heard Cynthia Erivo in anything lately? Brushing us off isnt gonna work. :smh:
I watched Harriet with my family. Its worth the watch. Especially because it serves as a catalyst for conversation.
Its more than likely shot very well a la Queen & Slim. Hollywood knows they gotta dress their bullshit up.
Yes, the quality level for black movies has increased. But, it seems like a quantum leap because of the TVOne movies we were used to. The Photograph wasn't a commercial hit and wasn't a "great" movie, but it set a standard regarding the quality of cinematography that can be achieved with black films. Similar to when How Stella Got Her Groove Back and The Best Man came out.

Regardless, you cant say you didnt feel something when Daniel Kaluuya said my favorite quote of Brother Fred "You can murder a revolutionary, but you can never murder a revolution!!"

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Regardless, you cant say you didnt feel something when Daniel Kaluuya said me favorite quote of Brother Fred "You can murder a revolutionary, but you can never murder a revolution!!"

I felt nothing. He's just not believable as Fred. And couple that with comments he's made off camera about race, being dismissive of Sam Jacksons valid criticism, and claiming he researches ADOS for his movies at Costco? Im good. Theres a reason only Black immigrants come in here to hype these movies on BGOL. You dont notice alot of posters missing from this thread about a Fred Hampton movie?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
And vice versa, right?:rolleyes2:

I said a year ago, im cool on ADOS never playing a non ADOS in American film ever again. We dont need to and its not like people are dying to see Michael B. Jordan play a Bantu. And we already dont get to play them in non ADOS film productions anyway. Got you niggas reaching back to the 80s for the roles of us in AMERICAN films playing non ADOS. Idris Elba alone has played an ADOS on film (30+ times) in American productions, more than ALL ADOS have played a non-ADOS in American film the last 30 years (11 times).

Jamaicans would never allow a Bob Marley biopic shot in Kingston by a Jamaican film company but starring an ADOS speaking shitty patois.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I said a year ago, im cool on ADOS never playing a non ADOS in American film ever again. We dont need to and its not like people are dying to see Michael B. Jordan play a Bantu. And we already dont get to play them in non ADOS film productions anyway. Got you niggas reaching back to the 80s for the roles of us in AMERICAN films playing non ADOS. Idris Elba alone has played an ADOS on film (30+ times) in American productions, more than ALL ADOS have played a non-ADOS in American film the last 30 years (11 times).

Jamaicans would never allow a Bob Marley biopic shot in Kingston by a Jamaican film company but starring an ADOS speaking shitty patois.
Then I’ll bring up present day.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Then I’ll bring up present day.

12 years ago is present day? :lol: You think I cant find 60 movies starring non ADOS as us since then? 12 Years A Slave was the first (and best) ADOSploitation movie, it dropped 3-4 years after the 1 you posted. List the ADOS that have played non ADOS historical figures in American film since then.