Josie and the Pussycats Cast Reunion

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The world clearly wasn’t ready for the brilliance of Harry Elfont and Deborah Kaplan’s girl-power pop satire Josie and the Pussycats when it debuted in cinemas 20 years ago. Today, an edgy, sexy update of retro Archie Comics IP is literally old hat. But in 2001, it was groundbreaking. For the cult classic’s anniversary, stars Rachael Leigh Cook (Josie), Rosario Dawson (Valerie), and Tara Reid (Melody) reunited over Zoom to reminisce about how much fun they had on set and just how well the movie holds up. Reid remembers how they all “worked really hard learning these instruments. But the fact that the stage came up [and] I was doing the drums, and you guys were there. Honestly? I felt like I was a rockstar.” Dawson gives the film the feminist reading it deserves, noting “there was scene after scene after scene that was not about how men were in our lives. It wasn’t about all these other things. it was about us, and our dreams, and our passions, and our talents. And seeing these men being super supportive of these women, and wanting to see them shine, and watching them grow in front of you and being amazed by that. There are so many levels in it that are really profound.” And Cook says, “I know we lead different lives now, but, I’ve got you guys forever. You can call me anytime, I will bail you out of jail, I will drive you to the airport.” Ooh, ooh, now do the Du Jour reunion next.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of the most underrated, satirical movies of the 2000s.

Way ahead of its time & still stands up today.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
always thought Josie and the Pussycats was just a cartoon

osie and the Pussycats (formatted as Josie and the Pussy Cats in the opening titles) is an American animated television series based upon the Archie Comics comic book series of the same name created by Dan DeCarlo. Produced for Saturday morning television by Hanna-Barbera Productions, 16 episodes of Josie and the Pussycats aired on CBS during the 1970–71 television season and were rerun during the 1971–72 season.