Jordan Peele new movie "Us" - updated with trailer (contains spoilers)

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The trailer reminds me of this episode of the "Twilight Zone." I watch a lot of Horror and Science fiction movies and this brings to mind the concept of the "Doppelganger." In most cases the appearance of one is not a good sign, and they are usually here to replace you!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There are many angles they can go with this... Maybe the "quiet family" really are a group of nutso that escape a crazy house together and now have formed a "family"... Now since they off their meds they see their "other side"... Their "other side" wants to take over and be the natural killers they are... So when you see them fighting themselves it's really an internal battle... Also that cac bitch turns nuts to...so maybe she was in the nutso house to

that " family" seem to "nice"... That's why I said earlier in the thread this reminds me of "the perfect getaway"... If you seen that movie you know it's an ill twist

Or maybe the "nutso" are really the good guys and the" quiet family" are really the bad guys... And the nutso are trying to get their bodies back from the "quiet" family

or this could be about cloning etc... Like I said many angles... I like twist so I'm rooting on the nutso to be the good guys and the nice family to be bad... You root for the "nice" family only to find out they'd re actually evil... black Brady bunch gone bad

Last edited:

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are many angles they can go with this... Maybe the "quiet family" really are a group of nutso that escape a crazy house together and now have formed a "family"... Now since they off their meds they see their "other side"... Their "other side" wants to take over and be the natural killers they are... So when you see them fighting themselves it's really an internal battle... Also that cac bitch turns nuts to...so maybe she was in the nutso house to

that " family" seem to "nice"... That's why I said earlier in the thread this reminds me of "the perfect getaway"... If you seen that movie you know it's an ill twist

Or maybe the "nutso" are really the good guys and the" quiet family" are really the bad guys... And the nutso are trying to get their bodies back from the "quiet" family

or this could be about cloning etc... Like I said many angles... I like twist so I'm rooting on the nutso to be the good guys and the nice family to be bad... You root for the "nice" family only to find out they'd re actually evil... black Brady bunch gone bad

Possible, your idea for the plot reminds me of the TV show "Do No Harm." (It was about a doctor who's life was like the "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde")

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Saw it during the basketball game

Trailer looks sort of crazy...not sure if it looks good

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

This is exactly what i was thinking after it came on the second showing... cause i didnt grasp it then first time. But after the second time im like nah.. ur fighting ur inner thoughts.. i love thinking outside the box..imma b there

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
One thing I've learned to appreciate about Jordan Peele is that when he puts something in front of you, it means something.

after seeing how Get Out was rife with symbolism, I think the twitter guy doing the frame-by-frame analysis is on the right path.

so the song I got 5 on it- That means something; at first I thought there were only 4 members of the family... but is that a younger daughter, or the older daughter when she was smaller? or.... ????? :scared:

the other thing that struck me was the scene with the person tearing (cutting) the paper dolls apart- that can mean so many things.

I'm excited about this shit! Nakia and M'baku back together again! And I don't even peep horror flicks like that.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is exactly what i was thinking after it came on the second showing... cause i didnt grasp it then first time. But after the second time im like nah.. ur fighting ur inner thoughts.. i love thinking outside the box..imma b there
The lil kid always wearing a mask on his head shows he's "special"... Him walking off on them at the beach had that "special" kind of feel... Than he recognizes that's "us"... Than you see his version was a burn victim and fully embraces the mask, plus he running around like a craze pet... You can see later on him and himself seeming to bond with each other...so will half a mask fully embrace full mask and become 1

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...anther-arresting-dresses-BAFTA-Tea-Party.html

8171106-0-image-m-66_1546736961886.jpg

8171016-6561423-image-m-67_1546737648465.jpg

8171012-6561423-image-m-73_1546738774308.jpg
8171006-6561423-image-a-74_1546738779975.jpg

8171042-0-image-m-61_1546736790015.jpg

8171040-6561423-Stunning_in_gold_Danai_s_loosely_woven_dress_featured_black_whit-a-49_1546741571976.jpg
8171036-6561423-Back_in_black_The_5ft7in_Walking_Dead_star_kept_to_the_color_sch-m-48_1546741565473.jpg

8171108-6561423-image-m-89_1546739730411.jpg

8171278-6561423-image-m-88_1546739721446.jpg

8171008-6561423-image-m-83_1546739482969.jpg

8171034-6561423-image-a-84_1546739514213.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/forgotten-music-history-the-untold-story-of-the-man-who-sang-“i-got-5-on-it”.1035602/

bonus...

https://ew.com/trailers/2018/12/25/us-movie-trailer-jordan-peele/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you decide to use Luniz’s “I Got 5 On It”:

JORDAN PEELE: That song, it came pretty simple, I’m making a movie in Northern California, that’s a bay area hip-hop classic and I wanted to explore this very relatable journey of being a parent [and] maybe some of the songs you listened to back in the day aren’t appropriate for your kids. So that was one level, and another part was, I love songs that have a great feeling but also have a haunting element to them and I feel like the beat in that song has this inherent cryptic energy, almost reminiscent of the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. So those were the ideas that that song hit the bullseye on for me, and also, it’s just a dope track.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/forgotten-music-history-the-untold-story-of-the-man-who-sang-“i-got-5-on-it”.1035602/

bonus...

https://ew.com/trailers/2018/12/25/us-movie-trailer-jordan-peele/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you decide to use Luniz’s “I Got 5 On It”:

JORDAN PEELE: That song, it came pretty simple, I’m making a movie in Northern California, that’s a bay area hip-hop classic and I wanted to explore this very relatable journey of being a parent [and] maybe some of the songs you listened to back in the day aren’t appropriate for your kids. So that was one level, and another part was, I love songs that have a great feeling but also have a haunting element to them and I feel like the beat in that song has this inherent cryptic energy, almost reminiscent of the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. So those were the ideas that that song hit the bullseye on for me, and also, it’s just a dope track.

Club Nouveau Why You Treat Me So Bad

Sampled by Luniz I Got 5 On It