John Edwards wife has cancer. Great way to get more votes?

ukNoWwHo

Rising Star
Registered
Why not just do a press release instead of a press confrence. John Edward had everyone assumin he was going to suspend the campaign to be by his wifes side. I do believe she has cancer and i hope she can beat it for as long as she can but i also believe that its a plot to squeeze out more votes for the Edwards camp. just my opinion.

hgbdark

Potential Star
Registered
thoughtone said:
Yea, why don't you put a bullet in your skull and then run for dog catcher.
great reply.
foolish, insane and idiotic to suggest that this is political. cancer aint no joke and nothing to play around with. why in the fuck would i vote for someone just because their family member is sick?

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
His wife was had cancer for years; the press conference was to inform the public that she was no longer in remission. The cancer is back...wtf kind of impersonal press release would appropriately convey the sentiment surrounding that?

glueguy

Support BGOL
Registered
u a bitch ass nigga, maybe your wife (bitch/ jumpoff/ etc) will get cancer so we can feel sorry for you.

Dert Bagg said:
His wife was had cancer for years; the press conference was to inform the public that she was no longer in remission. The cancer is back...wtf kind of impersonal press release would appropriately convey the sentiment surrounding that?
exactly.
unless she found a way to give herself cancer years in advance of her husband running for president, just in the off chance it might get him a few sympathy votes, ukNoWwHo's theory is bull feces.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dert Bagg said:

Great reply.

I swear everyone tries to make EVERYTHING political nowadays

I'm sure Fox News was just praying that he would drop out of the race

His wife wanted to SHOW everyone that she is still healthy looking despite having cancer

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
For those that didn't know, his wife found out she had breast cancer during the 2004 presidential campaign. She had treatment but the cancer has now come back and is in her bones. Two of her children are very young. I hope all turns out well for them.

ukNoWwHo

Rising Star
Registered
See you missing the whole point. She’s sick yea, but why hold a big news conference to "update" the news. Sympathy does sell and in this case I believe it will get votes. John Edwards could have even stated a more thorough reason for the press conference before hand but he chose to keep his reason hush. He made it seems as if he was going to drop out of the race. This is going to show the American public that he has had to deal with so much as a person. He is willing to stand strong next to his wife during this time. Don’t be surprise at the out cry that this issue gets. Already if you check the headlines guess who’s on them?

If you don’t think that people in this country would use sympathy and suffrage for political reasons; two examples Katrina and the 2004 presidential elections when Dick Cheney basically said that if you don’t vote for us there will be another terrorist strike.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
man after read the shit on the " Black Pope" i dont really care who wins now,
it who ever they will put in there. I wont be surprise if the cat from Ark. or sumbody like that, who is connected behind closed doors

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ukNoWwHo said:
See you missing the whole point. She’s sick yea, but why hold a big news conference to "update" the news. Sympathy does sell and in this case I believe it will get votes. John Edwards could have even stated a more thorough reason for the press conference before hand but he chose to keep his reason hush. He made it seems as if he was going to drop out of the race. This is going to show the American public that he has had to deal with so much as a person. He is willing to stand strong next to his wife during this time. Don’t be surprise at the out cry that this issue gets. Already if you check the headlines guess who’s on them?

If you don’t think that people in this country would use sympathy and suffrage for political reasons; two examples Katrina and the 2004 presidential elections when Dick Cheney basically said that if you don’t vote for us there will be another terrorist strike.

The press conference was not an "update", it was an announcement of a NEW occurrence of cancer

She had been diagnosed with cancer in 2004 but it was seemingly treated and cured

This announcement was to let people see that she's OK and plans on still staying with her husband on the campaign trail

And how did he make it seem like he was going to drop out of the race?
That was pure media speculation, not anything from either one of them.

Did you actually watch the press conference?
John Edwards didn't even mention anything about his run until a reporter asked him if he was still running.
They just found out yesterday in Chapel Hill how severe the cancer was and were still contacting family members around the country even just moments before the press conference today.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
If your dumbass ass knew what it meant when the cancer spread to her bones, you would know what this really is about. Kill yourself bitch, and donate any healthy organs you might have to a deserving human being.

BGOL needs a faggot filter in the worst way. :smh: :smh:

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
ukNoWwHo said:
See you missing the whole point...

You mean "suffering."
"Suffrage" is the right to vote. durrrrrr....

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
When it was first announced that his wife had cancer, the media and all the political message boards had to put their foot in their mouth as they criticized her earlier for looking considerably "older" than Edwards.

That is what cancer does, it eats at you, it emaciates you, it ages you. And generally a "new occurrence" stems from old cancer cells, supposedly killed by chemo or radiation, yada, yada. It is the rapid multiplication of cancer cells that make the disease a death sentence.

And just as hard as it is to kill cancer cells, it is difficult to get rid of cancers like the people that think this is a "plot" to boost John Edwards' campaign.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
I hardly recognized her today. (In fact I wouldn't have but for her standing next to John).
She was a plump woman in '04 and looks really different now.
:smh:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
My Mother has/had breast cancer and they told her "If it spreads to the bone, you're done deal!"

Her doctor was a heartless bitch, she told my moms "Why have the treatment? You're 79 how long do you expect to live? 3 more years?" :smh: :smh:

I'm glad to say, it's been 4 years, and her new doctor told her "You haven't lost ant bone density at 83 years old!!?!?!"

White bitch was amazed that moms was still cool.

All I have to say is, Cancer isn't used for sympathy, it's life or death, and once it hit's the bone, it's very painful, and over 75% fatal in many cases.

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't go so far as to say he milked this for votes. But, as soon as I heard he was going to have a press conference, I decided to listen closely to his wording. Remember, just two weeks ago Ann Coulter called him a "faggot" - and the media otlets made much of it.

I note that in a 20 minute session, he said twice that "we've been married 30 years and we've known each other longer". He knew he had to respond to Coulter in some way. Take the high road, yes, but also subtly say, "at least I'm married - Ann Coulter is still single in her 40s"

But what I am confused about is that he said that the doctos said "she'd have the cancer as long as she's alive" and it would "be like people with diabetes - you take your medicine regularly". To me, that could mean she'll live to be an old woman or she's terminal and could be dead in a few years/months.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I will revert to my moms. She took Insulin for 25 years, then she changed her diet, exercised and got off that shit. Her A1C is 6.5 now, that's a little above normal.

Cancer is different. Once it hit's the bones, regular chemo doesn't work. They have to get into that radical bullshit, and that treatment kills as many as it cures.

Ann Coulter is a whore of the highest degree. If a black woman called somebody a faggot, she wouldn't have been cheered at a Republikkkan gathering, she would have been lynched. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Edwards is taking the power away from the right wing devils, and all these bitch ass devils that have been divorced 3-4 times claim to be the "moral majority" to you dump psuedo Ninjas. :smh: :smh:

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
LordSinister said:
My Mother has/had breast cancer and they told her "If it spreads to the bone, you're done deal!"

Her doctor was a heartless bitch, she told my moms "Why have the treatment? You're 79 how long do you expect to live? 3 more years?" :smh: :smh:

I'm glad to say, it's been 4 years, and her new doctor told her "You haven't lost ant bone density at 83 years old!!?!?!"

All I have to say is, Cancer isn't used for sympathy, it's life or death, and once it hit's the bone, it's very painful, and over 75% fatal in many cases.

I'm glad to hear that about your mom's. I guess my shit is a piece of cake then.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
You're young baby. My moms lost the man she has been with since 1947, That's love y'all. Then she got the big C? C'mon. I have a different perspective from these jaded bastids.

Laughing Man

Star
Registered
LordSinister said:

seems people want to make too much out of something
I guess its better announce then keep that shit on the low, and the vultures find out and grill edwards for keeping it secret, so damned if he did, damned if he didnt, hope his wife make it though

hows mom dukes doing man, she make it though it and all

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ukNoWwHo said:
Why not just do a press release instead of a press confrence. John Edward had everyone assumin he was going to suspend the campaign to be by his wifes side. I do believe she has cancer and i hope she can beat it for as long as she can but i also believe that its a plot to squeeze out more votes for the Edwards camp. just my opinion.
You sound just like someone who loves Fox News. Instead of an ounce of compassion you, just like Sean Hannity would, see something sinister in this. Man, you need help!!! :smh: