Joe Biden is now POTUS

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The real Republicans who are OK in some sense knows Trump is tearing their party apart.....this is a huge opening for Obama and the Democrats.
I guess I would ask "What is a real Republican?" At any point in the last 20 years there have been very few who stood for anything besides white supremacy and tax cuts for the wealthy. I can't discern any views they have beside those two.

I'd agree that a lot of the republican establishment now realize that trump will tear the party apart. I think they always knew that he would venture further away from what were their supposed principles but I think they now realize that he will actively tear the party apart out of resentment. He's a psychopath.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The real Republicans who are OK in some sense knows Trump is tearing their party apart.....this is a huge opening for Obama and the Democrats.
I guess I would ask "What is a real Republican?" At any point in the last 20 years there have been very few who stood for anything besides white supremacy and tax cuts for the wealthy. I can't discern any views they have beside those two.

I'd agree that a lot of the republican establishment now realize that trump will tear the party apart. I think they always knew that he would venture further away from what were their supposed principles but I think they now realize that he will actively tear the party apart out of resentment. He's a psychopath.
I guess if you were a real conservative today, you wouldn't have a home. Who do you side with? Do you side with the Democrats that you fundamentally disagree with on principles but you recognize are the party of sanity? Or do you side with the insane racist republicans who claimed the same principles but you now realize were lying to get white supremacy.

I wonder if the true conservatives now realize how unpopular the beliefs really were. Nobody really believed that tax cuts for the wealthy were good for everybody.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I guess if you were a real conservative today, you wouldn't have a home. Who do you side with? Do you side with the Democrats that you fundamentally disagree with on principles but you recognize are the party of sanity? Or do you side with the insane racist republicans who claimed the same principles but you now realize were lying to get white supremacy.

I wonder if the true conservatives now realize how unpopular the beliefs really were. Nobody really believed that tax cuts for the wealthy were good for everybody.

The problem isn't just being a "real republican or a real democrat". The problem is that you have to appeal to the extreems of the your party.

The Tea Party came along and stomped out and republican that didn't follow a hardline and the dems are doing the same. So you can have a liberal, or moderate republican. Innthe same way you can't have a moderate or especially a conservative Democrat. Where you might have had some agreements and disagreement among these folks. You have no agreements between the party and pretty much nothing but disagreements between the two parties. So now it's so super partisan that in order to get any agreements in Washing or the states one party has to have full control of government.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
They are going in on Barr on Parler. Trump supporters are a full blown cult. Anyone who does not help[ Dear Leader is a traitor.
I've said it many times that republicans like project things that they are or want to do on others. They said Obama was a dictator, dems are sheepish, communist, snowflakes, sore losers, treasonous, don't care about the constitution, etc.... and here they are showing they are evetything they claimed others were.