Joe Biden is now POTUS

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
LMAO they think they're slick.

It's gonna be hilarious to watch not only how Republicans toss Donald Trump to the side now that they've gotten what they've need out of him, but how Donald Trump reacts when he realizes he was just a vassal to the Federalist society for passing conservative judges.

Just finished the audio. He knew he was being recorded. He'll be saying this shit when he's campaigning for the GOP nomination as the anti-trump candidate. He's just getting ahead of it.... he sounds like a democrat in this "leaked" audio. Those internal polls must be fucking awful... they know it's over.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I couldn't sit through it. Why does he want to loose?
In the book fire and fury it was explained that trump and crew did not expect to win the election.

His plan was and still is to start his own TV network to rival fox news.

That is still his goal, only now he has the insider secrets of a former president to hold over his sheeple's head as proof of authenticity.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the book fire and fury it was explained that trump and crew did not expect to win the election.

His plan was and still is to start his own TV network to rival fox news.

That is still his goal, only now he has the insider secrets of a former president to hold over his sheeple's head as proof of authenticity.

In 2016, I said he didn't wanna win. He kept saying the most outlandish shit, and being as unprofessional as possible. I think he wanted that campaign money, some brand notoriety, and ended up winning.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
There were people saying he was trying to lose last election. Don't buy into that crap, he's riling up his base.
I agree because he knows what’s going to happen to him once he leaves the White House but his problem now is a lot of middle of the road people and some right leaning Democrats are not going to vote for him this time his base is not enough to carry him over the finish line again.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There were people saying he was trying to lose last election. Don't buy into that crap, he's riling up his base.
This may be true, but the problem is that working up his base doesn't solve anything for him. His base won't get him elected unless every other voting base becomes completely apathetic or can be heavily suppressed from voting. Even then, it's an uphill climb.

I know that people have said this before, but a lot of people hated Hillary. That's clear because the GOP ran with this ball twice with Obama and now with Biden and it's failed. Even with Hillary's huge dislike factor, they still just barely squeaked out an electoral win, and even that is fairly contested.

People are ignroing the key reason that Trump is riling up his base: he doesn't have any other strategy. His ego won't let him check himself enough to appeal to anyone else in a logical fashion.

I've been forced to listen to his radio ads directed "at black voters" for a few weeks now, and it's ridiculous how tone deaf they are. You can accuse Biden of all sorts of racist actions, but it doesn't erase the metric ton of bullshit that the Trump administration has tossed onto the pile. To this day, you still have to twist Trump's arm to get him to even comment on racist terror groups.

He literally whined at "suburban wives" while he begged them to like him. That's what represents an appeal to women from him.

It's all theater, and it's all bullshit. And if it's supposed to be actual strategy, it's a failing one, and maybe the only one who doesn't know is Trump himself. Because his ego is that fragile.

Last edited:

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump's not trying to lose, he just can't control himself. He's a narcissistic psychopath. He's not mentally well. Trump is like when a junkie moves on from Tylenol 3 with codeine to pure heroin. He needs bigger and bigger doses of admiration for his fix. He needs the admiration of the base. It drives him. I think he originally ran as a money grab but loved the admiration. It says something about the country that a man who ran for a money grab was able to sweep through the primaries the way that he did.

Some of the reporters are noting that he is campaigning differently this time. In 2016, he would at least speak on the issues somewhat. He made generic promises about raising taxes on the wealthy and bringing back mining and manufacturing jobs but now he's strictly speaking about grievances. How poorly he's being treated and culture war issues, us against them.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
People are ignroing the key reason that Trump is riling up his base: he doesn't have any other strategy. His ego won't let him check himself enough to appeal to anyone else in a logical fashion.

Amazing how he's tried to run 2016 again when everything is much different. It lets you know he's a lucky moron and not a strategic thinker (even though it's obvious). It's just that his MO was perfect for that cycle and opponent and also his narcissistic impulses were helpful in those moments. Now, the moment is MUCH different and he's just the same shit he's always done. He just got lucky the first time.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Some of the reporters are noting that he is campaigning differently this time. In 2016, he would at least speak on the issues somewhat.

That's the projection. He incapable of having any serious discussion about policy. His dementia has advanced too far. Trump runs the same "tapers" repeatedly because that's all his brain is capable of right now. Trump always accuses his opponent of what he's doing or done himself.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump is not that calculating. He is all knee jerk reactions. People interpret them as some grand scheme but it's not.
In 2016, I said he didn't wanna win. He kept saying the most outlandish shit, and being as unprofessional as possible. I think he wanted that campaign money, some brand notoriety, and ended up winning.

Right, I dont think he wanted, nor expected to really win. The shine has been off his brand, and he needed to get his name out there. Go out there, say shit that would normally torpedo any politician and get back in the public eye......... Then he started picking up steam, so he said more off the wall shit......... Then he won... He thought it was easy, country runs itself, we sign some executive orders, change some tax codes, let my buddies eat then when its all over Im owed a million favors and have a country ripe for exploitation... But too much shit has happened, too much shit has come out. Not only is he going to lose, he may end up going to jail. I think all these repubs jumping ship is the signal that its over and they need to distance themselves. Trump just doesnt know how to comport himself so he resorts to what he knows... No grand scheme of trying to lose, he was gonna lose once he bumbled Covid. Rest is just him being him.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right, I dont think he wanted, nor expected to really win. The shine has been off his brand, and he needed to get his name out there. Go out there, say shit that would normally torpedo any politician and get back in the public eye......... Then he started picking up steam, so he said more off the wall shit......... Then he won... He thought it was easy, country runs itself, we sign some executive orders, change some tax codes, let my buddies eat then when its all over Im owed a million favors and have a country ripe for exploitation... But too much shit has happened, too much shit has come out. Not only is he going to lose, he may end up going to jail. I think all these repubs jumping ship is the signal that its over and they need to distance themselves. Trump just doesnt know how to comport himself so he resorts to what he knows... No grand scheme of trying to lose, he was gonna lose once he bumbled Covid. Rest is just him being him.
Like the South Park skit with Mr. Garrison.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If this keeps up and Dems still show up on election day.... the estimate is that 100M people will vote early. That means Biden would start election day with a 60M vote lead

I think the numbers are opposite for election day voters. I think it's like 2/3s of voters on election day will be Republicans.