Joe Biden is now POTUS

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@easy_b @Camille @fonzerrillii @4 Dimensional

Formerly respected New York City mayor turned President Trump fixer and unintentional Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm star Rudy Giuliani is blaming Game of Thrones for inspiring his inciteful-sounding speech leading up to last Wednesday's MAGA assault on the U.S. Capitol.
Giuliani told hordes of Trump-worshiping wildlings in D.C. shortly before the riot "let's have trial by combat!" with Democratic legislators and election officials.
Giuliani told The Hill's White House reporter Brett Samuels that the HBO fantasy hit inspired the term.
"I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani said. "When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) twice invoked "trial by combat" in the series, first when on trial at the Eyrie in season one, and then again when on trial at the Red Keep in season four. Given that both trials resulted in a violent sword fight that left a person dead, it's not immediately clear how referring to those sequences makes any of what he said better.
Also: "Documentary"?
Documentary...
Giuliani went on to add that he was actually referring to a trial "between machines" — apparently referring to voting machines that Trump's team has falsely claimed for months were rigged against him (and not, it seems, the hosts on HBO's sci-fi documentary Westworld).
"It incited no violent response from the crowd," Giuliani added. "None. The crowd didn't jump up saying, 'Lock him up, throw him to jail, go to hell.' I've had speeches where people jump up and say, 'lock him up.' It was not an emotional — it was not an emotion-inspiring part of the speech."

Giuliani is facing possible expulsion from the New York State Bar over the quotes. And according to The New York Times, a group of former assistant U.S. attorneys say Giuliani's comments contributed to loss of life and inflicted damage on the country.
In any case, Giuliani's days as the president's defender will soon be over given that voters have elected Joe Biden, effectively pushing Trump out the Moon Door next week

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just recently looked up Qanon and I still don't understand why they thought Trump was going to fight the "cabal of elite pedophile globalists".
Sure the premise of that is fine but when did Trump become the hero, in their eyes, that would save the world?

Are you trying to say that a high-ranking intelligence officer wouldn't use Trump as his instrument to fight the lizard, pedophile cannibals by making stupid post on a board known for hosting pedophilic content? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
He ran against a guy who served 8 years in the house and who's now a 4 term senator. It takes a lot of money to try an defeat such an entrenched incumbent. Graham aint never had to work that hard for reelection. Harrison had lil Lindsey acting like the bitch he is begging, pleading, and crying.

The amount of money he raised and how well he did was unprecedented. Graham has never had to actually campaign that hard for his seat. All he ever had to do is just show up. Lindsey Graham has been a Senator since 2003.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just recently looked up Qanon and I still don't understand why they thought Trump was going to fight the "cabal of elite pedophile globalists".
Sure the premise of that is fine but when did Trump become the hero, in their eyes, that would save the world?
Are you trying to say that a high-ranking intelligence officer wouldn't use Trump as his instrument to fight the lizard, pedophile cannibals by making stupid post on a board known for hosting pedophilic content? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's the same thing I said. I'm not surprised at the republican party, I predicted this more than a decade ago. What surprises me is the adoration for Trump. He is such an obvious physical coward, a buffoon. I wonder do they really believe it or do they just realize his transactional nature. Is it because they know he's a narcissist, if they give him what he wants in adoration, he'll give them what they want, white supremacy? It's almost like religion, you pray to your god in order to get something in return.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Melania Trump Proves She’s Just As Bad As Her Husband, Refuses To Welcome Jill Biden
Lydia Wang 2 hrs ago

200903-melania-trump-ac-1019p_ef8a8c970d86a30016833fb3d802982d.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

© Provided by Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29
Melania Trump has shown, time and time again, that she really does not care about COVID-19 precautions, children detained at the U.S. border, and the irreversible harm done by her husband. (Do you?) It isn’t at all surprising, then, that she really does not care about helping Dr. Jill Biden transition into the White House either.

Following Donald Trump’s second impeachment and with five days left in the White House, Melania still hasn’t been in contact with Jill, according to CNN. She also hasn’t established an office or plan to continue her platform. But maybe that’s for the best: Melania’s most public initiative was one that promoted “safe and successful online habits,” and she’s married to a man who was recently banned from Twitter for using the internet to encourage a riot and attempted coup.
This should also come as no surprise, considering the fact that lame duck President Trump has done everything in his power to make Joe Biden’s presidential transition as difficult as possible. He refused to concede for two months, and he has also said that he won’t attend Biden’s inauguration on January 20. “He indicated that he wasn’t going to show up at the inauguration. One of the few things he and I have ever agreed on,” Biden said at an event in Delaware last week. “It’s a good thing, him not showing up. He has clearly demonstrated… he has exceeded even my worst notions about him. He’s been an embarrassment to the country.”
But as unprecedented as it is for Trump to refuse to welcome Biden into the White House, it’s equally historic that Melania is following suit. Former First Ladies Laura Bush and Michelle Obama remain friends today, and Obama has said that — even though it wasn’t “easy” — she discussed the role and her experiences with Melania back in 2016.
“Donald Trump had spread racist lies about my husband that had put my family in danger. That wasn’t something I was ready to forgive,” Michelle Obama wrote on Instagram. “But I knew that, for the sake of our country, I had to find the strength and maturity to put my anger aside. So I welcomed Melania Trump into the White House and talked with her about my experience, answering every question she had — from the heightened scrutiny that comes with being First Lady to what it’s like to raise kids in the White House.”
But don’t worry, everyone: Melania has just been very busy as her husband’s impeachment heads to a Senate trial. At the time of the Capitol Hill attack, Melania was reportedly overseeing a photo shoot of White House rugs. CNN says that she has also spent her final days creating photo albums of her time as First Lady, which I sincerely hope are for her eyes only. I can think of very few things I’d rather see less than a physical manifestation of political moments from the past four years.

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
Melania Trump Proves She’s Just As Bad As Her Husband, Refuses To Welcome Jill Biden
Lydia Wang 2 hrs ago

200903-melania-trump-ac-1019p_ef8a8c970d86a30016833fb3d802982d.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

Melania Trump has shown, time and time again, that she really does not care about COVID-19 precautions, children detained at the U.S. border, and the irreversible harm done by her husband. (Do you?) It isn’t at all surprising, then, that she really does not care about helping Dr. Jill Biden transition into the White House either.

Following Donald Trump’s second impeachment and with five days left in the White House, Melania still hasn’t been in contact with Jill, according to CNN. She also hasn’t established an office or plan to continue her platform. But maybe that’s for the best: Melania’s most public initiative was one that promoted “safe and successful online habits,” and she’s married to a man who was recently banned from Twitter for using the internet to encourage a riot and attempted coup.
This should also come as no surprise, considering the fact that lame duck President Trump has done everything in his power to make Joe Biden’s presidential transition as difficult as possible. He refused to concede for two months, and he has also said that he won’t attend Biden’s inauguration on January 20. “He indicated that he wasn’t going to show up at the inauguration. One of the few things he and I have ever agreed on,” Biden said at an event in Delaware last week. “It’s a good thing, him not showing up. He has clearly demonstrated… he has exceeded even my worst notions about him. He’s been an embarrassment to the country.”
But as unprecedented as it is for Trump to refuse to welcome Biden into the White House, it’s equally historic that Melania is following suit. Former First Ladies Laura Bush and Michelle Obama remain friends today, and Obama has said that — even though it wasn’t “easy” — she discussed the role and her experiences with Melania back in 2016.
“Donald Trump had spread racist lies about my husband that had put my family in danger. That wasn’t something I was ready to forgive,” Michelle Obama wrote on Instagram. “But I knew that, for the sake of our country, I had to find the strength and maturity to put my anger aside. So I welcomed Melania Trump into the White House and talked with her about my experience, answering every question she had — from the heightened scrutiny that comes with being First Lady to what it’s like to raise kids in the White House.”
But don’t worry, everyone: Melania has just been very busy as her husband’s impeachment heads to a Senate trial. At the time of the Capitol Hill attack, Melania was reportedly overseeing a photo shoot of White House rugs. CNN says that she has also spent her final days creating photo albums of her time as First Lady, which I sincerely hope are for her eyes only. I can think of very few things I’d rather see less than a physical manifestation of political moments from the past four years.
White trash bitch.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lydia Wang 2 hrs ago

can people FINALLY STOP GIVING THIS WITCH A PASS?

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dow and Nasdaq Set Records Ahead of Biden Stimulus Plan
Joseph Woelfel 43 mins ago
http://a.msn.com/00/en-us/BB1cKSEv?ocid=sf

Stocks rose Thursday and Treasury yields edged higher after a report said President-elect Joe Biden could unveil a Covid-19 relief package of about $2 trillion.

The S&P 500 was up 0.2% and the Nasdaq rose 0.29% and also set an intraday record earlier in the session.
Equities were higher even after the Labor Department reported that jobless claims rose to near 1 million last week as the coronavirus pandemic continued to spur companies to shed workers.

The number of Americans filing for first-time unemployment benefits last week rose to 965,000, the largest increase in claims since March.
"At a certain point tough jobs numbers like we saw (Thursday) can serve as the tinder for those calling for a correction, but the market's view seems to be that the light at the end of the tunnel remains in sight, despite a plodding vaccination rollout," said Mike Loewengart, managing director of investment strategy at E*Trade.

"Further, a bleaker-than-excepted jobs report translates into a greater likelihood for a full-throated stimulus package, which perversely acts as a tailwind for the market."

Biden's advisers recently told allies in Congress to expect a relief package price tag of about $2 trillion, CNN reported, citing two people briefed on the deliberations.

Biden is expected to announce his plans for coronavirus relief on Thursday evening. The proposal is expected to include sizable direct payments to American families, and significant state and local funding, including for coronavirus vaccine distribution, according to the report.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury rose to 1.092% on Thursday, near 10-month highs. Yields have been rising recently on expectations the incoming Biden administration would boost government spending, adding trillions more to the nation's swelling debt and annual budget deficit.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, in a discussion sponsored by Princeton University, said Thursday the central bank would "let the world know" well in advance when it begins tapering asset purchases. Taper talk has increased lately in tandem with discussions of more relief spending.
Stocks finished mixed Wednesday, shortly before the House voted to impeach President Donald Trump for inciting insurrection.
It was the second time Trump has been impeached during his administration, and comes just a week before he is to leave office.
The House voted 232 to 197 to impeach Trump. Ten Republican members joined Democrats in voting to impeach the president.
It remains unclear when the Senate will conduct a trial, though outgoing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Republican colleagues in a letter Wednesday it won't get underway until Trump's term ends on Jan. 20 and Joe Biden takes office.

Delta Air Lines posted a wider-than-expected fourth-quarter loss but forecast an industry turnaround this year as vaccine rollouts accelerate and international travel restrictions are lifted later in the spring.
I have done well in the market this week. I have done really well over the last 2 days.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Hope so too! The last I heard potentially extend the no payment until the end of March and granting everyone a $10,000 credit. Of course, people are fighting to get rid of student loans completely or up to a $50,000 credit.

the biggest beneficiary of this would be whites.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hope so too! The last I heard potentially extend the no payment until the end of March and granting everyone a $10,000 credit. Of course, people are fighting to get rid of student loans completely or up to a $50,000 credit.
The speculation at this point is corny. Until we get pass the conservative idea that while incomes for the rich are infinite a country should be burdened with the idea of deficits.