Jermaine Dupri: Fuck Those NFL Boycotts and Marches - I Ain't Selling Out I'm Paying Bills (#MAGA!)

JD says “Boycotts and marches don’t seem like they work to me, I’m sorry”- DO YOU AGREE?

• Total voters

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Jermaine Dupri Collaborates With NFL On Super Bowl Concerts, Says Boycotts Aren’t Effective
“Boycotts and marches don’t seem like they work to me, I’m sorry," the producer said.
https://blavity.com/jermaine-dupri-...r-bowl-concerts-says-boycotts-arent-effective
https://www.ebony.com/entertainment...s-boycotts-after-accepting-nfl-super-bowl-gig

TMZ INTERVIEW HERE (WON'T EMBED)
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/29/jermaine-dupri-nfl-super-bowl-boycotts/

giphy.gif
img_0842.jpg
butteredbiscuits97-profile_image-e9f35b105fdd640b-300x300.jpeg

The list of celebrities who have turned down the NFL's offer to preform during the 2019 Super Bowl is rumored to be a long one. Whether it's Jay-Z, Cardi B or Rihanna, Black entertainers have said they aren't here for an organization that treats Colin Kaepernick the way it did.

However, Jermaine Dupri isn't one of those people. The producer has decided to partner with the NFL to produce free Super Bowl 2019 promo concerts to honor Atlanta's musical legacy. The culture capital will play host to next year's championship game.

To head off criticism, Dupri explained why he decided to work with the league.

“Boycotts and marches don’t seem like they work to me, I’m sorry,” he told TMZ. “I think they should send a message while they’re onstage, take advantage of your platform."

Dupri added he felt being involved from the inside also helps in getting out the word. “The more people speak on it, the more they talk about it, then the more people feel like it’s something they have to address. I feel like people ignore boycotts,” he said.

“Since I’ve entered the music scene, I’ve always had concerns with how people view the city of Atlanta both musically and overall,” Dupri stated in a press release obtained by Ebony. “It’s an incredible place to be, and I am always thinking of ways to make that view better. I feel it’s my duty as the unauthorized mayor to help Super Bowl LIVE create the best Welcome to Atlanta experience for the fans ever!!”

43516983_247282449282774_2071062505813202049_n.jpg

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well lets see now....out of everything that is going on in Ga this clown fool just decided to go this route...and i tell folks when i stayed down there
with all the black folks in that state it could have went blue yrs ago but how can it when you have m-f's like him low key tap dancing for massa....
this does not surprise me,a lot of prominent black folks down there are low key repugs..im not just saying this i seen it for myself ..and
its not just with him....

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
let the faux rage begin....

who cares really?

riddle me this....im supposed to get mad now....when the nfl that is 85% black STILL has those same black players on the field EVERY DAMN WEEK....because JD helps with the superbowl....

the problem is with too many of us think black consciousness is a monolith....its not

theres ~50 million of us....we dont all think alike....

and im tired of people telling me how to be black

and i dont even like football...bullshyt should be banned

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor

who cares really?

riddle me this....im supposed to get mad now....when the nfl that is 85% black STILL has those same black players on the field EVERY DAMN WEEK....because JD helps with the superbowl....

the problem is with too many of us think black consciousness is a monolith....its not

Things a brainless coon would say.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor

who cares really?

Things a brainless coon would say.
KooningLinguist has been playing that same "N*ggas Ain't Sh*t/All Lives Matter" Kanye-caping broken record here LONG before any Kaepernick controversy. The BGOL search engine works... "breh". :raincloud:

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Well Boycotts and marches dont work while he lives in a part of Atlanta that 50 years ago he would have been lynched in no matter how much money he had. The lack of historical context and even simple understanding that what you have now others had to fight for you to get it. Yes he would have been a rich entertainer back in the 40s and 50s but his black ass would have to walk in the back door, he would not be able to go to the best hotels and his living arrangements in the South (hell all over the country) would have been limited without marches and boycotts. Sad part I cant even say these "New Negroes" to his old ass, he should know better.

Just say I am a mercenary and call it day but don't say boycotts and marches don't work.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on your status. If you are an actual starving artist and the money and expose could launch you, maybe. If you’re Dre, Snoop, Jay, etc you don’t need the money or exposure-that’s more a sellout move than if an under appreciated rapper or singer takes their shot. Dude allegedly broke and need cash so I ain’t hating too hard on him.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Atlanta's upper class blacks have always been a buffer for WS since the riots in the early 1900s. The movie ATL somewhat hinted at this thru Nu-Nu's dad's character.
im gone have to go back and rewatch it...i have never seen that before in till i moved down there...

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
im gone have to go back and rewatch it...i have never seen that before in till i moved down there...

Peep the Confederate painting in his house when hes smoking cigars wit them CACs. Dude was from the hood but sold out when he moved to Sugarloaf or some shit. :lol: Prototypical wealthy GA coon.

Atlanta is one of the few major cities with blacks distinctly at all 3 class levels (lower, middle, upper). This was by design after the riots. Theres a book called Negrophobia that talks in depth about it.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok nigga lets show you how effective boycotts are!
If dudes aint boycotting R Kelly they damn sure not boycotting Jermaine Dupri. It's almost impossible, the nigga got too many hits with so many artists. Dude made a lot of songs, people had no idea he was involved with. It's almost like saying you gonna boycot Quincy Jones. Good luck.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on your status. If you are an actual starving artist and the money and expose could launch you, maybe. If you’re Dre, Snoop, Jay, etc you don’t need the money or exposure-that’s more a sellout move than if an under appreciated rapper or singer takes their shot. Dude allegedly broke and need cash so I ain’t hating too hard on him.
How is JD broke? He got royalties and album points coming from every direction.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Wait... I thought tbe NFL didn't pay for their artist for the halftime shows?
How is JD broke? He got royalties and album points coming from every direction.

It would be one thing if Jermaine said: "Atlanta will be in the world spotlight and I want to help showcase my home city in the best way possible".
Its another for him to intentionally shit on Martin and Malcolm's legacy to buck dance for NFL owners and help them weaken Kap's momentum.

Nobody would go to see Jermaine Dupri headline a halftime show at a Hawks game. Reread the article; he's getting paid off generously by the NFL not simply to organize entertainment during Super Bowl week, but to say and do divisive shit in the hope that might further weaken the Kaepernick "movement". And provide cover for others who might also want to break ranks and side against those who do care more about racial injustice and police brutality. Call it "selling out" call it "looking out for me and mine" call it "whatever" - JD has declared bankruptcy several times (Google is your friend!) and has now accepted NFL money to lead the same Cointelpro shenanigans as Malcolm Jenkins.
:pain:

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Peep the Confederate painting in his house when hes smoking cigars wit them CACs. Dude was from the hood but sold out when he moved to Sugarloaf or some shit. :lol: Prototypical wealthy GA coon.

Atlanta is one of the few major cities with blacks distinctly at all 3 class levels (lower, middle, upper). This was by design after the riots. Theres a book called Negrophobia that talks in depth about it.
and thats the shit i was seeing when i was down there..the middle class older blacks was always on some massa let me work here and massa let me work there,
and will have the nerve to have there chest stuck out while saying but it was them upper m-f's was just flat out with letting massa run the show and us black need to
stay in our place shit they be on...i mean i have just never knew how bad the south still was just by listing to only rich black folks...

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
notice how every thread the black % of NFL players rises ?

now it's 85%

are the amount of coaches and owners rising too ?

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
its funny how people complained when Maroon 5 was chosen to play at the Superbowl instead of a black group from Atlanta. That being the case, anyone who performed would have faced the Blacklash. The first part of a revolution is to pick a side & stick to it. Let JD & the Wypipo do them, the rest of us can sit here continue our boycott. When the revolution happens, all race traitors like JD will be dealt with.

Last edited:

ATLKingpin

Rising Star
Registered
It would be one thing if Jermaine said: "Atlanta will be in the world spotlight and I want to help showcase my home city in the best way possible".
Its another for him to intentionally shit on Martin and Malcolm's legacy to buck dance for NFL owners and help them weaken Kap's momentum.

Nobody would go to see Jermaine Dupri headline a halftime show at a Hawks game. Reread the article; he's getting paid off generously by the NFL not simply to organize entertainment during Super Bowl week, but to say and do divisive shit in the hope that might further weaken the Kaepernick "movement". And provide cover for others who might also want to break ranks and side against those who do care more about racial injustice and police brutality. Call it "selling out" call it "looking out for me and mine" call it "whatever" - JD has declared bankruptcy several times (Google is your friend!) and has now accepted NFL money to lead the same Cointelpro shenanigans as Malcolm Jenkins.
:pain:

This. Well spoken sir......