James Cameron Hopes Audiences Get Tired of Superhero Movies Soon

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor
super hero movies do dck , just not marvels, they're doing it right. i hope they keep doing them until i see galactus, warlock, wonderman, etc etc

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I don’t want to see another avatar James I wish I could get my money back from seeing the first one but a superhero movie like carnage Spider-Man I’m all in

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If you want pure comedy Jus's watch the 2nd half of the movie when shit hits the fan... The chaos, the deaths, the pyscho boyfriend trying to kill them while they dodge water pure comedy

truth be told

THAT is the true masterwoork

that is EXCELLENT film making at EVERY turn effects acting sound editing

damn near perfect

used to use it to TEST the quality of flat screens back in the day

there is a 2 DVD version

I laughed cause the back of the FIRST DVD all these years later was flawless

the 2nd one?

scratched to hell

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I must be the only one who hasn’t watched Avatar
I saw it the first night it came out. However, that and the hair locking scene is the only thing I remember about the movie.

I remember the screenplay being nominated for an Oscar, and I remember thinking that was a joke. And visually, the movie wasn’t all that nice either.

The movie sucked.

Correction: the movie was nominated for Best Picture.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I, also, think that I'm the only one that didn't see Titanic. :lol:
Damn....:lol: IMO, you didn't miss shit but some film snobs might feel otherwise. I saw it when I was a kid......remember seeing titties when she laid up there on that couch. :lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I saw it the first night it came out. However, that and the hair locking scene is the only thing I remember about the movie.

I remember the screenplay being nominated for an Oscar, and I remember thinking that was a joke. And visually, the movie wasn’t all that nice either.

The movie sucked.

Only thing that matter in that movie was the colonel

Dude should've been cable hands down

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The movie sucked.

I bought the DVD and was never pressed to watch it

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Didin't nobody really like that shit. When people critique a film and the only thing they talking about is how it looked? That's not a great film by no means. He will go down in history for the advances they made in technology with that flick......but that film was trash....and Titantic....I don't like it but I won't say its trash.

Titanic was grand that's what he does
He makes grand movies

Celene Dion made Titanic with her song

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Release it in 2d and see what happens

What happened in the 1st avatar?
What iconic moment or line?
"It was just do beautiful"
It wasn't more beautiful than the fall tho
And the fall was an infinitely better story

Avatar is literally the most overrated movie of all time.

Shitty, overblown CGI, another cac-invades-an-indigenous-culture-then-saves-it story line, one dimensional acting, and the most hackneyed, paint-by-numbers script written in the last 20/30 years.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Peace,

Shitty, overblown CGI, another cac-invades-an-indigenous-culture-then-saves-it story line, one dimensional acting, and the most hackneyed, paint-by-numbers script written in the last 20/30 years.

Don't forget the fact that his own movies deal with heroes saving the world they're on.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

I think the hatred for Matrix Revolutions is the most overrated thing on the internet. The movie wasn’t bad.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Don't forget the fact that his own movies deal with heroes saving the world they're on.

Exactly.

Cameron is just bitter and envious that he’s no longer at the helm of movie franchises that everyone wants to see.

And the arrogance that he’s displaying by trying to dictate what moviegoers enjoy can only (ironically) be described as superhuman.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think the hatred for Matrix Revolutions is the most overrated thing on the internet. The movie wasn’t bad.
tenor.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
in all fairness he had a very valid argument there

he basically compared Wonder Woman to Sarah Conner or Ripley

https://screenrant.com/james-cameron-wonder-woman-movie-step-backwards-sarah-connor/

Legendary director James Cameron has made some eye raising statements about DC’s smash hit film Wonder Woman, suggesting the film is not the progressive, feminist triumph it’s been widely hailed as, but actually objectifies women.

Cameron is a Hollywood heavyweight, having directed some of the biggest hits of all time, like Titanic and Avatar. He’s also no stranger to strong female leads: he helped to solidify the legendary status of Sigourney Weaver’s Ellen Ripley in the science fiction horror sequel Aliens, and the transformation of Linda Carter’s Sarah Connor from a meek damsel in distress in The Terminator to the battle hardened, world-weary hero of Terminator 2: Judgment Day is perhaps his greatest storytelling achievement.

Gal-Gadot-in-Wonder-Woman-2.jpg

Yet Cameron was decidedly unimpressed by Diana of Themyscira. In an interview with The Guardian promoting an upcoming 3D rerelease of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Cameron was highly dismissive of Wonder Woman’s feminist bona fides, suggesting the film objectified her and didn’t equal the nuance of a character like Sarah Connor.

“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided.

She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing!

I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards.

Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”

This is a pretty bizarre line of reasoning from Cameron. The director seems to be suggesting female characters are only worthwhile when they’re fundamentally damaged people, which is not exactly a positive feminist worldview. Also, the claims of Wonder Womanfeaturing a lot of female objectification seem to suggest Cameron was not paying especially close attention while watching the film. While Wonder Woman has absolutely been an object of sexist objectification over the years, Patty Jenkins’ film went out of its way to avoid such pitfalls, and was met with near universal acclaim for its nuanced, earnest portrayal of DC’s flagship heroine.

The whole thing is decidedly tone deaf from a director who, in recent years, has become known as much for his temper and unusual opinions as he is for his films, with his long promised cadre of Avatar sequels spending years in development (though they might finally be coming soon). Cameron’s comments don’t really take anything away from Wonder Woman’s success, but they’re still a disappointment coming from a man who has shaped some of the most enduring female characters in film history.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
in all fairness he had a very valid argument there

he basically compared Wonder Woman to Sarah Conner or Ripley

I hear you...

and I GOT his point

but that man said that sh*t totally wrong and genuinely didn't give a f*ck.

but then of COURSE

he backpedaled which made all that sh*t even worse

do not say ALL that and then try to hide your hands afterward

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I hear you...

and I GOT his point

but that man said that sh*t totally wrong and genuinely didn't give a f*ck.

but then of COURSE

he backpedaled which made all that sh*t even worse

do not say ALL that and then try to hide your hands afterward
when did he backpedal?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
when did he backpedal?

you know I wouldn't sprout no bullshit cuz.

i was listening to fatman on batman and they mentioned it. But now reading the WHOLE thing...he kinda still said f*ck ya'll...

"Look, it was probably a little bit of a simplistic remark on my part, and I’m not walking it back, but I will add a little detail to it, which is: I like the fact that, sexually, she [Wonder Woman] had the upper hand with the male character, which I thought was fun.” Cameron also described Wonder Woman as a “good film”.