Jaime Harrison chosen as the next D.N.C. Chair (Yvette & Antonio, Diamond & Silk, Jason Whitlock, Vernon Jones, Herschel Walker & Ice Cube all PISSED)

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Jaime Harrison Is Biden’s Pick for Next D.N.C. Chair
Mr. Harrison, a veteran of South Carolina politics, was the Democratic nominee against Senator Lindsey Graham and shattered fund-raising records in the race.

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Thursday named Jaime Harrison as his pick to lead the Democratic National Committee, part of an effort to bolster the committee ahead of what are already expected to be challenging midterm elections for the party.

A former chairman of the South Carolina Democratic Party, Mr. Harrison became a national political star last year as he shattered fund-raising records in his race against Senator Lindsey Graham, who was up for re-election. While Mr. Harrison lost in November, drawing 44 percent of the vote to Mr. Graham’s 55 percent, he developed a broad bench of support across the party.

The selection of Mr. Harrison, on the heels of Mr. Biden’s victories in Arizona and Georgia in November, reflects the president-elect’s longstanding determination for Democrats to compete in once-red states, a recognition that the party will never sustain an enduring congressional majority without making inroads across the Sun Belt.

Mr. Biden’s top advisers are also planning to appoint a small group of elected Democrats as vice chairs to reward their support in the campaign and offer them the opportunity to be high-profile surrogates. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Representative Filemon Vela of Texas and Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms of Atlanta will serve in the roles.

Following the tradition of committee members deferring to the president’s pick, Mr. Harrison is not expected to face a challenger for the position.

He wrote on Twitter on Thursday that he was “humbled and excited” to be chosen, and that “together, we’ll organize everywhere, invest in state parties, expand the map, and elect Democrats who will be champions for the working people of this country.”

Mr. Harrison is well known to the staff and members of the D.N.C., a result of his work heading the South Carolina state party and a failed bid to become chairman of the committee in 2017. (Tom Perez, the departing D.N.C. chair, won that race.) Mr. Harrison was championed by Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, an influential Biden ally who helped the president-elect win the primary race in Mr. Clyburn’s home state. Mr. Perez opted against running for a second term.

Incoming presidents traditionally take control of the party committees, installing their own chair and staff members. Former President Barack Obama chose to try to establish his own political operation outside the committee, a decision that many D.N.C. members say damaged state parties and led to years of dysfunction at the national level.

Far more of a party institutionalist, Mr. Biden has promised to rebuild state parties and deepen investments in the committee.

Mr. Harrison was favored by state party leaders, who saw him as an ally in their effort to keep the committee focused on rebuilding local party infrastructure. After Mr. Biden’s election, dozens of state party chairs and vice chairs sent a letter to his transition team that did not name Mr. Harrison but listed a number of qualities that matched his experience and skills.

“We’re convinced that he not only believes in the organizing principle of state parties but that he will be a very loud voice with the Biden administration,” said Jane Kleeb, the chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party.

The focus on the national party committee comes as Democrats try to navigate a deeply uncertain electoral landscape. Even before the attack on the U.S. Capitol scrambled American politics, Democrats anticipated difficult House and Senate midterm races in 2022 and the lingering possibility that Mr. Biden — who will become the oldest president in the country’s history on Wednesday — may decide not to run for a second term.

But even before the midterms, the party committee will have to bridge the divides between Democrats who want Mr. Biden and his messaging to focus on unifying the country and a liberal wing eager to pursue prosecutions and other measures to hold President Trump and his allies accountable.

The role of Mr. Harrison’s home state in the early primary process could complicate discussions around changing the nominating process. South Carolina is the fourth state to hold a primary contest, a role that brings an influx of candidates, spending, news coverage — and an outsize say in the nomination fight.

The party faces broad concerns about the fairness of complicated caucus processes, as used in Iowa and Nevada, along with questions about how two relatively older, whiter states — Iowa and New Hampshire — cast the first two sets of votes. Already, some Nevada party leaders are pushing to end to all caucuses and to dethrone Iowa for the first round of voting.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Why’s ice cube Pissed
Cubel lied and said no one from the DNC wanted to talk to him, then it became he wanted to talk to Biden and not Harris who actually reached out to him. Meanwhile, he was happy that anyone from the Trump administration was willing to talk to him. He damn sure didn't make demands that he only talk to Trump. So yeah, Cube played himself with that bullshit con he was running.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your suppose to negotiate.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
It's amazing how easily the public was manipulated into thinking that Ice Cube is the enemy.
"Ice Cube was pissed at the D.N.C."
Ice Cube WAS pissed at the D.N.C.
Where is the lie in that statement of FACT?
In this case Trump made him a USEFUL IDIOT.

mqdefault.jpg

Being a “sellout” implies getting something in return. The unfortunate reality is that Ice Cube is just getting used — just like the Trump administration has used so many Black men before him as props to further the illusion of supporting Black people while implementing policies that do the opposite.

So that Ice Cube would arrogantly come in at the 11th hour of the presidential campaign, waving around a plan for Black America that no one asked for, is, yes, insulting to the many who have been working in this space for years. And that he would then offer it to the Trump administration after being put off by Democrats until after the election is as politically shortsighted and as it is dangerous.

I believe, as Ice Cube does, that “Black progress is a bipartisan issue.” But let’s not act like the Trump administration is a normal Republican administration, that Trump is a normal president or that advising him on Black America is at all normal.

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He couldn't win his own race, so why put him in charge of the DNC?

Stacy Abrams didn't win Ga because Kemp and other Republicans cheated!
You have to wonder if people want party jobs sometimes because Stacy is killing out there, and might not want the headache so she can run again. Also someone with a broad appeal and fund raising like Harrison can work in the sun belt areas maybe a little more effectively by not 'presenting' as openly progressive that it becomes an excuse. Not that i like it but i see the logic.

also - you can only negotiate with someone who might actually give you something in good faith.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
"Ice Cube was pissed at the D.N.C."
Ice Cube WAS pissed at the D.N.C.
Where is the lie in that statement of FACT?
In this case Trump made him a USEFUL IDIOT.

So that Ice Cube would arrogantly come in at the 11th hour of the presidential campaign, waving around a plan for Black America that no one asked for
Malcolm X, Ali, and a long list of other freedom fighters were also pissed at the DNC, by your logic they were useful idiots as well.

Additionally, the fact that your argument stands on the idea that because black folk didn't ask for a black agenda, as if that is a good thing. The fact that we do not have a black agenda or as ice Cube was pushing for, demands, is problematic.

I will put this out there, have you noticed that talk of anything regarding policies specifically targeted black folks in the country has virtually disappeared from any of the DNCs representatives talking points? 100% radio silence after they got what they wanted.

giphy.gif

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
You have to wonder if people want party jobs sometimes because Stacy is killing out there, and might not want the headache so she can run again. Also someone with a broad appeal and fund raising like Harrison can work in the sun belt areas maybe a little more effectively by not 'presenting' as openly progressive that it becomes an excuse. Not that i like it but i see the logic.

also - you can only negotiate with someone who might actually give you something in good faith.
Stacey doesn't want any other job besides Governor of Georgia. She clearly stated her end goal as soon as Kemp "won."
Keisha doesn't want any other job besides Mayor of Atlanta. She keeps saying just that and filed for re-election a year ago!
Jaime has already been Deputy Chaiman of the D.N.C. and actually *wants* to be Chairman. Win-win-win for everybody! :yes:

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Malcolm X, Ali, and a long list of other freedom fighters were also pissed at the DNC, by your logic they were useful idiots as well.

Additionally, the fact that your argument stands on the idea that because black folk didn't ask for a black agenda, as if that is a good thing. The fact that we do not have a black agenda or as ice Cube was pushing for, demands, is problematic.

I will put this out there, have you noticed that talk of anything regarding policies specifically targeted black folks in the country has virtually disappeared from any of the DNCs representatives talking points? 100% radio silence after they got what they wanted.

giphy.gif

I give zero fucks about talking points, I care about ACTION. Biden isn't even inaugurated yet. Trump is still president - so where is that "Platinum Plan"?
Maybe Black people could have a unified Black Agenda if Yvette/Antonio/Tariq weren't so focused on keeping us fighting amongst ourselves.
Ice Cube is no Muhammad Ali. Just Trump's useful idiot. Still enjoy his music, though.... :dunno:

bluemoon

Rising Star
Platinum Member

There is nothing wrong with either. Both are good at what they do. It's like choosing between Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stacey doesn't want any other job besides Governor of Georgia. She clearly stated her end goal as soon as Kemp "won."
Keisha doesn't want any other job besides Mayor of Atlanta. She keeps saying just that and filed for re-election a year ago!
Jaime has already been Deputy Chaiman of the D.N.C. and actually *wants* to be Chairman. Win-win-win for everybody! :yes:
He also has a ton of money to give to whomever he chooses.

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Does Jamie have a broad appeal? He raised a lot of money for his race wasn't even close.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

giphy.gif
Hey Einstein... Wake up.

CURING THE PANDEMIC & PROVIDING IMMEDIATE FINANCIAL RELIEF...... IS THE #1 PRIORITY OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ON DAY 1.

You obviously cannot wait to talk shit. :hmm: He's got 4 years. Not 4 Days. :hmm:

This dude hasn't even been sworn in yet & you ALREADY bitching about "What is being talked about" by the DNC before inauguration. :hmm:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Hey Einstein... Wake up.

CURING THE PANDEMIC & PROVIDING IMMEDIATE FINANCIAL RELIEF...... IS THE #1 PRIORITY OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ON DAY 1.

You obviously cannot wait to talk shit. :hmm: He's got 4 years. Not 4 Days. :hmm:

This dude hasn't even been sworn in yet & you ALREADY bitching about "What is being talked about" by the DNC before inauguration. :hmm:
Just be sure not to delete your post. It will not age well.

giphy.gif

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I give zero fucks about talking points, I care about ACTION. Biden isn't even inaugurated yet. Trump is still president - so where is that "Platinum Plan"?
Maybe Black people could have a unified Black Agenda if Yvette/Antonio/Tariq weren't so focused on keeping us fighting amongst ourselves.
Ice Cube is no Muhammad Ali. Just Trump's useful idiot. Still enjoy his music, though.... :dunno:

You can't tell me that Tariq and Boyce Watkins aren't getting checks from someone in the GOP party.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
are there any REAL consequences and repercussions for cooning like that though?

have any of those names really suffered because of their stances?

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif
Why do you keep saying silly shit like we don't have demands? Why do you keep acting like Cube is the only one who has an idea instead of who he was at the moment, a Johnny come lately who had others create a plan that others had already been circulating. But more importantly I guess, or annoyingly is that some of you are being willingly obtuse when you treat it as if there were two parties who were legitimately negotiating in good faith. What part of Trump means nothing that he says escapes people and that he in fact was a destabilizing force that kept anything from being able to be done because he ruins everything he has ever touched. Now if Ice Cube talks to republicans in California and Democrats on the state level to implement things, it will be a sign he is willing to do the hard work and find people with whom you can make deals. If he doesn't or only looks at the top of the federal level it will be like everyone else who won't do the work but wants to be seen.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Why do you keep saying silly shit like we don't have demands? Why do you keep acting like Cube is the only one who has an idea instead of who he was at the moment, a Johnny come lately who had others create a plan that others had already been circulating. But more importantly I guess, or annoyingly is that some of you are being willingly obtuse when you treat it as if there were two parties who were legitimately negotiating in good faith. What part of Trump means nothing that he says escapes people and that he in fact was a destabilizing force that kept anything from being able to be done because he ruins everything he has ever touched. Now if Ice Cube talks to republicans in California and Democrats on the state level to implement things, it will be a sign he is willing to do the hard work and find people with whom you can make deals. If he doesn't or only looks at the top of the federal level it will be like everyone else who won't do the work but wants to be seen.
How would talking to politicians on a state level help all black folks?

Also, it is funny how black folks are being told to wait, while other groups are preparing to get their demands met on day one.

Case in point:

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Also, it is funny how black folks are being told to wait, while other groups are preparing to get their demands met on day one.

Case in point:
such predictable response with predictable dog whistling

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
I swear you anchor babies are retarded as fuck!
Ice Cube NEVER BACKED THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION!
He stated that multiple times!
HE PUT OUT A PLAN FOR BLACK AMERICANS TO RECEIVE TANGIBLES AND SENT IT TO BOTH PARTIES, I REPEAT, BOTH PARTIES.
THE DRUMPF ADMINISTRATION MADE IT PUBLICLY KNOWN OF THE PLAN WHILE BIDEN TOLD HIM “GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY FACE UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION”.
You fucking simple retards!​

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm trying to figure how did the kat selling "Ogun juice" name be mentioned in the same space as Yvette and Antonio.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Being a “sellout” implies getting something in return. The unfortunate reality is that Ice Cube is just getting used — just like the Trump administration has used so many Black men before him as props to further the illusion of supporting Black people while implementing policies that do the opposite.

So that Ice Cube would arrogantly come in at the 11th hour of the presidential campaign, waving around a plan for Black America that no one asked for, is, yes, insulting to the many who have been working in this space for years. And that he would then offer it to the Trump administration after being put off by Democrats until after the election is as politically shortsighted and as it is dangerous.
Ice Cube NEVER BACKED THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION!
He stated that multiple times!
HE PUT OUT A PLAN FOR BLACK AMERICANS TO RECEIVE TANGIBLES AND SENT IT TO BOTH PARTIES, I REPEAT, BOTH PARTIES.
THE DRUMPF ADMINISTRATION MADE IT PUBLICLY KNOWN OF THE PLAN WHILE BIDEN TOLD HIM “GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY FACE UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION”.

4u54xs.jpg