Jackson State expected to hire Deion Sanders as football coach

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For all the fellas who are like me and LOVE HBCU Sports (no shade to the ACC, SEC, and etc.) we know the dogs are at the HBCU's (just saying). I started a HBCU sports thread and let's keep each other abreast on what's going on at your school and any conference information (classics, good games, new recruits, and etc.). All sports welcomed.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm going to have to pour out a little liquor. When I lived in Jackson I used to go to this Popeye's a lot. If I remember correctly it's across the street from the Jitney Jungle where you could smell the meat from the front door.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
180880833_4374931642529592_6410954507026330486_n.jpg

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Access/proximity to star players who have done it is a big part of the allure of major programs. If Sanders et al. play this right, they can actually make some noise. A school like Coastal Carolina made some noise this past year with a total athletic budget of around 10MM while Jackson state is working with a little less than 8MM. No reason they can't use this as a springboard if they play it right.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Bitch nigga he is fa sho... brah.. real knigga never give a hoe a pedal stool..brah

Fam the only way I’d ever introduce her to my squad is if she was hosting a dick sucking contest and she was the only host. Ain’t no way I’d give that air head skank no burn on my dime and if I did, she’d know what she was there for. Services would be rendered but to me I don’t see nothing special about her. She up there flapping her gums like she made it. Like she a pro athlete or something. She a pro alright. Prostitute!

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam the only way I’d ever introduce her to my squad is if she was hosting a dick sucking contest and she was the only host. Ain’t no way I’d give that air head skank no burn on my dime and if I did, she’d know what she was there for. Services would be rendered but to me I don’t see nothing special about her. She up there flapping her gums like she made it. Like she a pro athlete or something. She a pro alright. Prostitute!

I guess the bitch ass nigga didn't spend his dimes... brah

veewee77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats to Jackson State on winning the SWAC championship. As a PV alum who was in attendance, I was disappointed we didn’t pull it out but it was a great atmosphere and I love what Deon is doing for the SWAC. We didn’t have it together today. Our QB Jawan Pass didn’t seem to have it together today. He didn’t look good at all and for some reason, our offensive coordinator couldn’t figure out how to take advantage of Jackson Stares blitz, except for that one touchdown play.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Congrats to Jackson State on winning the SWAC championship. As a PV alum who was in attendance, I was disappointed we didn’t pull it out but it was a great atmosphere and I love what Deon is doing for the SWAC. We didn’t have it together today. Our QB Jawan Pass didn’t seem to have it together today. He didn’t look good at all and for some reason, our offensive coordinator couldn’t figure out how to take advantage of Jackson Stares blitz, except for that one touchdown play.
The bitch ass playoffs should start after HBCUs season is over. It's like they are ducking us by always playing the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
The bitch ass playoffs should start after HBCUs season is over. It's like they are ducking us by always playing the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference.
It's kind of the SWAC and MEAC's fault. They negotiated and agreed upon that horrible deal. Right now, neither conference has automatic bids to the playoffs due to the Celebration Bowl previously known as the Heritage Bowl. To get into the playoffs, the team has to be FCS ranked. But, the problem is, the top MEAC and the top SWAC schools never play and we would always be sending our second best teams.............assuming they ever make it.

For example, this year FAMU made it into the playoffs as the 2nd place SWAC team and got waxxed. This was the first time the SWAC made the playoffs in over 10 years. Getting waxxed like that will make the voters reevaluate SWAC strength of records, which will in turn effect their FCS rankings.

JSU had a good chance to go far in the playoffs this year.