Jackson State expected to hire Deion Sanders as football coach

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
They are undefeated fam. The fall is a whole new animal though.
UAPB undefeated. This is madness. Ive got to check this out. They must have put something in the soul food down there. Maybe they all pitched in for one bottle of HGH. UAPB is broke as hell, I know they aint playiing for good players.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Deion Sanders apologizes to JSU, former football greats Lem Barney, Robert Brazile, Jimmy Smith after loss to Southern
Joshua Capers
Mississippi Clarion Ledger

Jackson State football coach Deion Sanders expects the best from his team every time it takes the field.

He didn’t get anywhere near that in the Tigers' 34-14 loss to rival Southern, however. The Tigers (3-2, 2-1 SWAC) gave up 30 points for the second game in a row while scoring a season-low 14.

The team that looked poised to take the Southwestern Athletic Conference by storm regressed in every facet of the game. So lackluster was Jackson State’s performance on Saturday at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium that Coach Prime felt the need to apologize.

With sincerity laced in every word, the first-year head coach expressed his regret to all alumni, former greats and NFL Hall of Famers alike, that support and encourage him since he arrived in Jackson.

“I want to apologize to all the alumni, especially guys like Jimmy Smith,” Sanders said. “I text back and forth with Lem Barney and Robert Brazile, and those guys encourage me and I encourage them every week. I’m apologizing for that.”

To put who those guys are into context, Smith compiled 110 receptions, 2,073 yards and 16 touchdowns and was named to the JSU All-Century Team in 2011. He played in the NFL for 13 years and finished his career with 862 receptions, 12,287 receiving yards and 67 touchdowns.

Barney, an NFL Hall of Famer, was a three-time All-SWAC selection and finished his time at JSU with 26 interceptions. He was selected by the Detroit Lions in the second round of the draft and went on to play for 10 years. Barney became the fifth cornerback elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Brazille was a consensus All-American while at JSU, and in 1974, he set the school record for solo tackles with 129. He also led the SWAC in interceptions that year. The Pro Football Hall of Famer was also named First-Team All-SWAC his senior season.

Sanders wanted to make sure all of the Jackson State alumni knew such performances would not be the norm moving forward.

“That’s just not who we are,” Sanders said. “I promise you that’s not who we are, and that’s not who we are going to be by any means.”
I can understand Prime's willingness to communicate with alumni and reassuring them that we're better than this and will be better, but fuck all that apologizing. He might end up having to setup apology templates going forward. Just prove it on the field. Not all of these kids are built to backup that talk - ballers are everywhere.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
UAPB undefeated. This is madness. Ive got to check this out. They must have put something in the soul food down there. Maybe they all pitched in for one bottle of HGH. UAPB is broke as hell, I know they aint playiing for good players.
I played against Ivory Lee Brown. He could have been the next Dickerson but he ate himself out of the league. Dawg held him to 50 yards.

uptown93

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good shit, what team did you played for, what year? I played at SU, 89-93.
The one year McNair went to the playoffs they were 3rd or 4th best team in the conference. 1AA playoffs started around the time of the Bayou Classic.
Fall 1993 Human Jukebox Member I aint play ball but I was damn sure at that game.

uptown93

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She was a real one fam.
I dont think thats her, I know the other lady that be out there and she cool and all. Same time but I dont think thats her. Momma Jag definitely looked out for sports players on the yard, Bandmembers also. I knew her since a child. My dad was one of the main History Professors for many years and I been walking that campus since I was like 5

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I dont think thats her, I know the other lady that be out there and she cool and all. Same time but I dont think thats her. Momma Jag definitely looked out for sports players on the yard, Bandmembers also. I knew her since a child. My dad was one of the main History Professors for many years and I been walking that campus since I was like 5
I know. I never said that was her. Momma Jag and then Ms Pointer fed me when I walked the yard.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
170638883_3866762236705306_440146262116320985_n.jpg

Apparently Leon was in Jacktown today!!!!

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You dudes who graduated from Southern I went to Baton Rouge today thinking I would be able to buy a SU face mask or shirt something. So I go to the Mall of Louisiana and see LSU, ULL, Tulane no Southern..... What's Up with that?

uptown93

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You dudes who graduated from Southern I went to Baton Rouge today thinking I would be able to buy a SU face mask or shirt something. So I go to the Mall of Louisiana and see LSU, ULL, Tulane no Southern..... What's Up with that?
They dumbasses dont licence anyone to make their stuff . I got a plug for all that stuff though...

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They dumbasses dont licence anyone to make their stuff . I got a plug for all that stuff though...
I'm also trying to get a second degree from Southern. I got my first degree from Xavier. I figured since virtual class rooms are the thing now. I'd take the 30 hours are whatever and get a second degree. I've been called by ULL, LSU Alexandria and a few others no calls from Southern. You can't even navigate their website without an error.

Last edited:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I'm also trying to get a second degree from Southern. I got my first degree from Xavier. I figured since virtual class rooms are the thing now. I'd take the 30 hours are whatever and get a second degree. I've been called by ULL, LSU Alexandria and a few others no calls from Southern. You can't even navigate their website without an error.
What you are trying to do. I still got contacts on the yard.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good shit fam. I will check with my peeps on Monday. Why not a graduate degree?
Because my GPA sucks, so instead of taking other courses to build up my GPA I might as well take another 30 hours and get another degree. I started at Southern in Spr 90 always wanted to get my degree from Southern but due to circumstances beyond my control(they fucked my financial aid and housing up). I've always felt some type of way because I didn't get my degree from Southern.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Because my GPA sucks, so instead of taking other courses to build up my GPA I might as well take another 30 hours and get another degree. I started at Southern in Spr 90 always wanted to get my degree from Southern but due to circumstances beyond my control(they fucked my financial aid and housing up). I've always felt some type of way because I didn't get my degree from Southern.
Bro, trust me when I say, getting into most HBCU grad programs is easier than getting into the undergrad program. It's a business, they need the tuition dollars, especially now with enrollment down due to the pandemic.

Take my advice, do not do another undergrad degree. Apply to multiple grad programs. One will let you in. We can talk offline if you want. I advise students on this regularly. It's part of my job.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Oh ok.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Former Tennessee Titans star Eddie George named Tennessee State Tigers coach
gettyimages-463902487_0dc1aaef9647ee504a20c7d2d838bbe9.jpg

Bro, we gotta give credit to Deion. He has started something!! I said it earlier in this thread that other NFL & NBA stars would follow suit.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Former Tennessee Titans star Eddie George named Tennessee State Tigers coach
gettyimages-463902487_0dc1aaef9647ee504a20c7d2d838bbe9.jpg

Bro, we gotta give credit to Deion. He has started something!! I said it earlier in this thread that other NFL & NBA stars would follow suit.
Good shit