It's time to roast Lamar Jackson

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You can’t be serious.
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lack more athleticism than any athlete in any sport.
So again. You don’t have to be athletic to play qb.
But try and play WR or RB without being athletic… gtfoh.​

I stopped reading after this part: "Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lack more athleticism than any athlete in any sport."

It's obvious, you're trolling.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I stopped reading after this part: "Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lack more athleticism than any athlete in any sport."

He’s correct they cannot move they could throw the football but they cannot move

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
So they "lack more athleticism than any athlete in any sport" :rolleyes: :confused:

Do some of you guys even watch football? :lol:
Well they are borderline a statue so you know They can move their arms quick to throw the ball but everything else is slow motion

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Again… “reading a defense” is still not the difference between great and average qbs.
It’s either you can hit the open man or you can’t.
Quickly recognizing the open man is all that it is. That’s not easy to do because everyone’s hand-eye coordination ain’t built for that.
Just because you can tell if someone is in a zone or man to man doesn’t mean anything if you can’t get recognize who’s open and hit them at the right time.
doesn’t matter race of the qb.​

Have you ever played football? Its not just about "recognizing the open man". There's more nuance to being a QB than that. Even OL play..you gotta be smart to be truly great. At the end of the day, its about moving the man in front of you, but there's more to it than that

roots69

Support BGOL
Registered
I think Lamar Jackson is a electric player who will put fans in the stands eventually. However, he is not a super bowl style quarterback. He Lacks accuracy mechanics when throwing the football. He loves to do that college crap of throwing the football off his back foot. Even with pressure in his face, if he had better footwork, he still could have thrown that touchdown pass! To be honest, I'm beginning to question his intelligence in the ability to learn the full complicity of the quarterback position. Don't get me wrong he can read defenses very well. However, his accuracy is the problem, he can't get the ball to the receivers when they're open.

Haha..... PLEASE!!!!!

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor

It’s obvious you’re non athletic and white, or one or the other.​

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got Lamar in two leagues. I'm 2-0 in both leagues. That shit he did against the chiefs, who are a better team, was impressive. Lamar gonna take me to a fantasy championship.

Scenario: near the end of the game. Ravens ahead, 4th and one. Timeout called. Ravens can put the game away or punt and give Chiefs an opportunity. My son says they should punt it and let the defense handle it. I'm outraged b/c this ninja ain't learnt nothing from me. I say "we play to win", we don't play "not to lose." My son is all about logic and rationality. i try to telling him that's important but so are intangibles, like heart, guts, instincts, vision, focus. I say Ravens should go run the ball down their throats. Two seconds later coach harbaugh asked Lamar what you want to do. Lamar say we going for it and proceed to get 1st down and score. I'm proud as fuck of Lamar. I grew up when black men were not allowed to be QBs. So I'm elated that the best QBs in the league are black. IMO the best QB in the league is Russell.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So they "lack more athleticism than any athlete in any sport" :rolleyes: :confused:

Do some of you guys even watch football? :lol:

It takes more than throwing to win 7 rings.
WHITE QB’s are not agile at all. A few very young, highly mobile ones, yeah. For the most part, QB’s are only slightly more athletic than the kicker.
:roflmao3: Pick any sport and what is the least mobile position? Maybe the catcher in baseball? Even then, highly skilled and their reaction time is far superior to a QB’s.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It’s obvious you’re non athletic and white, or one or the other.​

Troll on...

WHITE QB’s are not agile at all. A few very young, highly mobile ones, yeah. For the most part, QB’s are only slightly more athletic than the kicker.

:roflmao3: Pick any sport and what is the least mobile position? Maybe the catcher in baseball? Even then, highly skilled and their reaction time is far superior to a QB’s.

Yet none of those more agile QB's have 7 rings so...

Will they even last as long? :dunno:

I love Lemar. He realized early on that it takes more than just agile movement to win the big games, hence his throwing improved tremendously. He's developing to be quite the arsenal as a QB.

Last edited:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have you ever played football? Its not just about "recognizing the open man". There's more nuance to being a QB than that. Even OL play..you gotta be smart to be truly great. At the end of the day, it's about moving the man in front of you, but there's more to it than that

You can distill a QB's job down to three things:
  1. Making Decisions
  2. Throwing the Football
  3. Mobility (Moving in the pocket / Scrambling)
For me, a QB's number one Job is making the best decisions—both on and off the field. On the field, nothing happens until he has the ball in his hands. He has 2-3 seconds on average to make the best decision possible. That means he has to be well-versed on the opponent. He has to know the formation and tendencies. Recognize the coverage. Understand the situation and then make the best decision. If there is nowhere to go with the football, throw it away instead of into triple coverage. Off the field, make decisions that let you be on the field. Don't do stupid shit. It's as simple as that. In Lamar's case, I'd give him B- or C+ in this regard. He occasionally makes a questionable decision on the field, but that comes with the territory. He is still learning.

On the other hand, his whole off-the-field decision-making is somewhat suspect. There is nothing new here. It is just the burden of youth. Unfortunately, life is cruel and is without mercy. Often in life, especially when we're young, we find ourselves overmatched by our situation. Unable to see what is directly in front of us because dreams cloud our vision. We can't hear the siren warning us about what's just around the corner because of the noise in our heads caused by the sound of wants and ego and the chatter of those around us who love us and tell us how great we are. We fly through the days rapidly, rarely taking stock of where we are because of this looming goal. The thing that will make us complete. This year Lamar has not shown the best leadership off the field. Especially where covid is concerned. Last year catching Covid was forgivable. This year to get it denotes a possible carelessness. Many fans howled at the video that surfaced of Lamar playing football on an asphalt basketball court.
While that's risky on its own, nobody is wearing a mask. I know it's outside, but why take the risk. Delta is more contagious, and in close quarters outdoors, you can still get it. When he came down with covid the 2nd time, it became apparent he wasn't vaccinated. So here is a young, incredibly gifted athlete who currently occupies 1 of only 32 positions in the world—that of a starting NFL QB. He puts all that in jeopardy, not to mention his health long-term. He puts the team at risk and the season. Not to mention his 250 million dollar contract. I think it's safe to say that if he catches Covid again, this guy will not get a deal next year. They might franchise him, assuming he survives the 3rd bout with the coronavirus, but now you're getting into a significant risk for the Franchise. Investing in a man whose body has been invaded three times by a virus we know very little about. Two times is already risky enough.

I'm still pulling for the guy, and I think his unique skill set could win a Superbowl, but if he keeps fucking around with covid, he may find himself on the outside looking in.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Got Lamar in two leagues. I'm 2-0 in both leagues. That shit he did against the chiefs, who are a better team, was impressive. Lamar gonna take me to a fantasy championship.

Scenario: near the end of the game. Ravens ahead, 4th and one. Timeout called. Ravens can put the game away or punt and give Chiefs an opportunity. My son says they should punt it and let the defense handle it. I'm outraged b/c this ninja ain't learnt nothing from me. I say "we play to win", we don't play "not to lose." My son is all about logic and rationality. i try to telling him that's important but so are intangibles, like heart, guts, instincts, vision, focus. I say Ravens should go run the ball down their throats. Two seconds later coach harbaugh asked Lamar what you want to do. Lamar say we going for it and proceed to get 1st down and score. I'm proud as fuck of Lamar. I grew up when black men were not allowed to be QBs. So I'm elated that the best QBs in the league are black. IMO the best QB in the league is Russell.
i agree with this. Yes, usually you should defer to logic. but there are a few select times in a season where you gotta say fuck it and just go for it. Show some guts.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It been three weeks since I wrote this. Lamar done showed out three times. Brady had a tremendous game this week. Lamar out did that surrounded by way less talent. Lamar gonna have me contending for championships in both my leagues this year. Man listen...