Isreal Adesanya vs Paulo Costa

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I stand by what I said. He got the KO. Machida got KO's too. Still don't like their styles of fighting. Just my preference.
I see your point. Ain't no fucking way I'm going to chase your ass to get my wheels kicked. Fuck that. You come to me or dana going to have to get in and push one of us forward. :eek:

Them leg kicks fucking brutal.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't think you understand the value of leg kicks
If anyone needs to understand the value of a leg kick they then need to watch that Andersen Silva fight where his leg looked like a fucking slinky after a checked leg kick.

Or JJ against Thiago.

Last edited:

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think you understand the value of leg kicks

I understand their value. But he still doesn't engage enough for me. His style to me isn't exciting. He'll do a leg kick and run. Wash rinse repeat.

I mean it's a sound strategy to win on points. I get it. Why get hit if u dont have to. Keep the wins coming while retaining the title.

But that style isn't must see ppv headliner for me.

But who knows. Maybe he'll go 100mph next fight like francis ngannou. I just like more engagement, that's all.

Nice win from the champ tonite.

Mafamaticks

Rising Star
Registered
I understand their value. But he still doesn't engage enough for me. His style to me isn't exciting. He'll do a leg kick and run. Wash rinse repeat.

I mean it's a sound strategy to win on points.

Nah it's more than winning on points.

• Izzy does a lot of feinting
  • The leg kicks set up his question mark kick (which Costa got hit with thinking it was gonna be another low kick)
  • The leg kicks chew your lead leg up, making you slower to react to the feints and slower to dodge, which is why Costa started getting pieced up in round 2

The leg kicks are an investment for the later rounds. shit is a master class in striking. If you like swangin and banging then I can't knock you for it

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I mean it's a sound strategy to win on points. I get it. Why get hit if u dont have to. Keep the wins coming while retaining the title.

But who knows. Maybe he'll go 100mph next fight like francis ngannou. I just like more engagement, that's all.

I feel you...but it takes 2 to tango. That Gaslim fight was amazing because he came to fight. Romero and Costa got shellshocked and didn't throw shit. Both fighters gotta want it for it to really be exciting and memorable.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Legs kicks do way more than score points. They weaken the opponents lead leg which weakens punches because the fighter can't comfortably plant his feet and it forces fighter to adjust/change to an alternate/less preferable stance.

It is the BEST strategy to use against aggressive heavy hitters like Costa. He executed perfectly. Had the right gone on, you would have seen how those leg kicks would have affected Costa.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Watching Izzy in the post-fight presser now. Doing a good job breaking down the mental side of combat. Shitting on Costa’s coach/manager Eric, haha.

“My skinny shins sliced his legs up”

Izzy is never short on confidence though... he's arrogant as fuck... :lol:

.... I like his style though.... he not only talks the game, he completely walks the game. :cool:

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Izzy picked dude apart and straight humbled him.

He was trying to play off the effects of them leg kicks, but you could see his lead leg was damn near done.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Nah it's more than winning on points.

• Izzy does a lot of feinting
  • The leg kicks set up his question mark kick (which Costa got hit with thinking it was gonna be another low kick)
  • The leg kicks chew your lead leg up, making you slower to react to the feints and slower to dodge, which is why Costa started getting pieced up in round 2

The leg kicks are an investment for the later rounds. shit is a master class in striking. If you like swangin and banging then I can't knock you for it

Very good analysis.... :cool:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

no disrespect but you cant be a true ufc fan saying the stuff your saying.do you understand what leg kicks is doing?with leg kicks your taking away the guys power without power they have nothing.izzys fighting style is crazy.you call it running but its not he resets and then zeros in and pick you apart.that's skills.running is what that russian dude was doing.but hey your entitled to you opinion my dude.
Man, I like his style. The most impressive thing to me about MMA is the leg kicks.
this guy knows what he is talking about.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which fights would you like Jan and Izzy to take next as champs?

For Izzy, I'd love to see him fight Whittaker again. Whittaker will always bring the heat. Even if he might get caught, Robert is going to come forward.

Cannonier is good fight, but he might pull a Costa/Romero and be hesitant to come forward. You hear Izzy call Costa "Romero" in the cage last night?

The reason I thought Costa might win is because Kelvin could have finished Izzy on the feet, but he went for the takedown. I thought Costa might tag Izzy and wobble him and be able to finish him. I was wrong AF!!! I don't know what Costa was doing in that fight.

Jan v. Thiago Santos would be a good scrap. I think Jan will be able to defend one or two times, but I think the LHW belt is going to change hands a few times in the next couple of years. I don't see anyone that dominate to hold it like Jones.

How about you?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For Izzy, I'd love to see him fight Whittaker again. Whittaker will always bring the heat. Even if he might get caught, Robert is going to come forward.

Cannonier is good fight, but he might pull a Costa/Romero and be hesitant to come forward. You hear Izzy call Costa "Romero" in the cage last night?

The reason I thought Costa might win is because Kelvin could have finished Izzy on the feet, but he went for the takedown. I thought Costa might tag Izzy and wobble him and be able to finish him. I was wrong AF!!! I don't know what Costa was doing in that fight.

Jan v. Thiago Santos would be a good scrap. I think Jan will be able to defend one or two times, but I think the LHW belt is going to change hands a few times in the next couple of years. I don't see anyone that dominate to hold it like Jones.

How about you?

That’s a very good point about the LHW title bouncing around. Before the 2011 - 2020 stretch of either Jones or DC as champ, the belt bounced from Liddell to Rampage - Forrest - Rashad - Machida - Shogun. And we all saw how Jones whooped Shogun’s ass back in 2011.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Whitaker again vs Izzy. I think Izzy would win again. I do appreciate the respect factor from Izzy and Cannonier. Izzy has given him props several times in interviews and post-fight media. Love that side of combat sports. Real recognizing real.

Listened to the Bloody Elbow 6th Round post-fight podcast. They were impressed by the winners and puzzled by how ineffective Costa and Reyes were. Especially how well they have done against Romero, Jones, and more!

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s a very good point about the LHW title bouncing around. Before the 2011 - 2020 stretch of either Jones or DC as champ, the belt bounced from Liddell to Rampage - Forrest - Rashad - Machida - Shogun. And we all saw how Jones whooped Shogun’s ass back in 2011.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Whitaker again vs Izzy. I think Izzy would win again. I do appreciate the respect factor from Izzy and Cannonier. Izzy has given him props several times in interviews and post-fight media. Love that side of combat sports. Real recognizing real.

Listened to the Bloody Elbow 6th Round post-fight podcast. They were impressed by the winners and puzzled by how ineffective Costa and Reyes were. Especially how well they have done against Romero, Jones, and more!
I just knew Jan had Reyes. He hits like a Mack truck! MMA is super hard to predict, but I just knew Jan was going to TKO Reyes.

Before the end of the year, I'm going to figure out how to bet online and bet on a few fights. I'll let you know how that works out. Probably about to lose my car note money:lol: