Is This Really What it Takes To Get Brothas To Vote?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this really what it takes to get Brothas to vote?

And yes it’s real!

ren_sweating-DMID1-5i3ctvolc-228x170.gif

https://www.getyourbootytothepoll.com/

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can get people to the polls but you should not be upset when they don't vote the person/people that you vote for.......

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
It can't hurt. These hoes gotta do they part too. I aint mad. Plus, shawty spoke the truth - "You can't make it rain if you locked up on some bullshit." :roflmao:

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
man i'm feeling it. shit was mad realz... i mean what more can you ask for.. facts.. ass... spit some real shit about the down ballot voting .. ass... i mean.. say what you want but .. I applaud them.. they in their lane.. working it. get your booty to the POLE/POLL!!lol

Knuckles666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaks volumes about the state were in when you got to dumb down voting to this lowest form for participants.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Speaks volumes about the state were in when you got to dumb down voting to this lowest form for participants.
I wouldn't say that because a lot of people don't know about how the candidates on the down ballots affect their lives. Many people don't know how their local government works, the players involved or the issues that affect their day to day. Fact of the matter, is in that short get out to vote commercial, those strippers gave a lot of factual information, that in many places other get out to vote campaigns don't speak on. Go into any church, school, membership club, family picnic, community forum and a lot of these issues are not being discussed or being glossed over. This video was targeted to that same crowd that be up in the strip club making it hoes. Hoes gonna be hoes but that don't mean, they ain't about something other than hoeing. We need more realness like this instead of the bullshit we keep getting/accepting.

Last edited:

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
1. This PSA like many PSA's is for a targeted audience. It was not designed to reach the general masses. At this point in time, we have had many change agents (Maya, Martin, Malcolm, Obama) and we need more, our issues are big enough that we can afford to allow strippers to speak to their constituents about the importance of voting because you cannot reach them on your platform. It’s unlikely the people who are hardcore listeners of your platform are hanging around strippers and vice versa, it’s unlikely those same men in the strip clubs, are listening to you. We need everyone to get the msg and VOTE. Stop the fake HOTEP outrage and focus on getting people asses (pun intended) to the polls Sista

2. Of all the complaints, the author never once disputed the facts of the msg. Many people do not know how the down ballot issues affect them and their communities.
3. The author may not need this type of encouragement to get out and vote (I don't) but there are still tons of people of color who don't vote, clueless about the issues that affect them and may need a different delivery method to get them to the polls. This PSA appears to be designed to reach them.

4. Exploitative? where and how? Fact of the matter is, Strippers do exist, some women want to strip, and some women choose to use their "talents" in a manner, many other women & men may not approve of and will tell you they are not being exploited. Like it or not, strippers got a platform and, in this case, said something with their platform.

5. I personally don't care who creates the msg but if it gets people of color to get off your ass and vote. perhaps some of these horrible policies can and will change.