Is this dress code racist? Could YOU go to this bar?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
The problem is people who went said they were letting in crackas who violated the code while not letting Blacks in. Hopefully some cac goes in and comits a mass shooting and kills everybody inside.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It is racist. I understand having a dress code but it is obvious who they don't want there.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
This whole list is what MEN CANT WEAR. it’s obvious with the no sagging, must wear a belt, no big shirts and big jewelry that they are referring to black men, so women are welcome to wear whatever they want but black men are not welcomed

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am not 18 so requiring somebody to dress like they are grown isn't an issue...

There are black bars in Chicago that have the same type of requirements so stop with the white boys do this and that shit.

If that is a white bar why you trying to go in the first place?

I can't stand the complaints about white businesses and white neighborhoods cause your want to belong ass shouldn't be taking your money there.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
its racist
and way to use discretion to limit blk men from patronage.

I've been to a bar where the no hat policy applies to my group (blk men) but wasn't applied to a white patron.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This whole list is what MEN CANT WEAR. it’s obvious with the no sagging, must wear a belt, no big shirts and big jewelry that they are referring to black men, so women are welcome to wear whatever they want but black men are not welcomed
Nope, women can't wear that shit either. Nor can white men.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Nope, women can't wear that shit either. Nor can white men.

I would wager that wouldn't kick a white dude out for wearing a hat or sneakers.

it's simply code to give the club coverage for not allowing blk men in who they deem undeservable.

instead of not letting in a group blk men in for being black, we are not letting you in due to an arbitrary dress code which is inconsistently enforced

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Instead of having a long list of what NOT to wear, just come up with a short list of dress requirements. If they aren't racist that would be the easy common sense solution.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Ashford, a new bar in Jersey City, was welcomed with nasty accusations of being racist. Funny considering the owner says they are priding themselves on inclusivity. It all comes down to a sign that was put up for one day on their soft opening. A dress code sign.

The sign let people know the attire was to be upscale business casual. Then came this list of specifics.
e113179b2926615b95aa0a893d6823c8

No oversized jeans or shirts
No head gear
No ball caps
No work boots
No gym sneakers
No shorts or athletic apparel
No sweatpants or cargos
No jogger pants
No oversized jewelry/chains
No sleeveless shirts
No sunglasses
No camouflage
No low or baggy pants
No headphones
Belts must be worn with pants

and you KNOW this muthafucka is an ol pink piece of chicken shit racist..

talkin bout no low or baggy pants... low ok.. but fuckin baggy... BAGGY???

the more folks write or speak the more they tell on themselves....

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I am not 18 so requiring somebody to dress like they are grown isn't an issue...

There are black bars in Chicago that have the same type of requirements so stop with the white boys do this and that shit.

I can't stand the complaints about white businesses and white neighborhoods cause your want to belong ass shouldn't be taking your money there.
guess you missed the part of them denying black men who literally abide by the dress code and still got denied and women who broke the code and still got in

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Could be but looks like they want to attract that hipster dress up in a suit & bow tie crowd. Distinguished gentleman look. lol

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
guess you missed the part of them denying black men who literally abide by the dress code and still got denied and women who broke the code and still got in

THAT'S the shit that needs a pic/vid.
I saw the post, but without visuals it's a weak punch.
A shared pic showing the fuckery is the upper-cut!
That "Manager's discretion" escape clause...:smh:
The slick racists get exposed to be weak-ass cowards when confronted. :boxing:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Folks always begging white people to take their money. The irony is that SOME black people end up at these places because they don't want to go to mostly black spots. :smh:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Guess you missed the part of I don't give a fuck because I don't run to belong and spend my money with crakkas...

I prefer to socialize with my own and patronize my own

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yep....I could go no problem....

My go out attire is nice slacks (preferably linen), shirt and loafers.....don't wear hats for fashion anyway. I fish, golf and do a lot of outdoor shit, so I have tons of hats, but it isn't part of my go out attire.

BoRiCuApOwEr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can understand Hoboken(1Republik same owner ) the next town over but Jersey City ???????? I will bookmark this ,my Lady is from Jersey City I will be paying a visit soon.
It reminds me of Mean Fiddler in Times Square all them white girls they didn't want to let me in unless I was on a date , came with my Irish NYC firefighter friends
and now I just walk in no line, no ID.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I would wager that wouldn't kick a white dude out for wearing a hat or sneakers.

it's simply code to give the club coverage for not allowing blk men in who they deem undeservable.

instead of not letting in a group blk men in for being black, we are not letting you in due to an arbitrary dress code which is inconsistently enforced
Man...YT got some of yall so beaten down.
Im blacker than most and my spot would have basically the same dress code.:dunno:

jam hunk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I spent many years in Europe in my 20's and that was the dresscode. I never got kicked out of anywhere. Most nightclubs in the UK was dress pants and white shirt almost every city we went to. But here in America the views are different so it may be a racist move. We should test it

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit thats nothing compared to this old club called the Wooden Nickel in Statesboro, Ga. I doubt the club even exists anymore, but they were a Georgia Southern staple for years. Them fools would be real creative, making up dress code rules on the spot.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I can understand Hoboken(1Republik same owner ) the next town over but Jersey City ???????? I will bookmark this ,my Lady is from Jersey City I will be paying a visit soon.
It reminds me of Mean Fiddler in Times Square all them white girls they didn't want to let me in unless I was on a date , came with my Irish NYC firefighter friends
and now I just walk in no line, no ID.
You are giving business to a to a business that discriminated against you?