Sampson

Rising Star
Registered
DOSqF8ZW0AEh-zB

:idea:

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
yeah, the afro pick was WAY overboard...

:lol:

shit is a tribute to Black Culture Domination.
"I Got Five On It" - for what WE know it's about, used in an ad aimed @ general society.
Brothers got paid for using the song.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Racist YES! Already sick at the coon replies posted already, If you have to ask or don't know you are a coon!!!!!!!!!

Modern day BLACKFACE...wakeup you stupid mothafuckas!

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Making millions off of “our creativity”? The black rapper will be getting paid. How is this fucked up? One minute people complain that the hip hop subculture is misunderstood, then when people try to display it, you niggas get bent out of shape.

Do you have any idea how marketing works

You talkin about the few pennies thrown at the alleged "black" rapper

But ignore the millions the lazy ass cac agency is getting for coming up with another cereal black sounding bear

The sugar crisp bear was the first...

I can picture them throwing ideas around...

It went like this...

OK lets use a bear....

Yeah a bear....

Not just any regular bear.. A really cool bear

Yea one with dreadlocks

No one with one of those kid and play haircuts...

How bout one with a basket ball
No he gotta have gold chains like they do in rap videos...

Hey I gotta an idea how about we just do it alll...

Yea great idea biff..... We will just do it all...

Whew that was a lot of work let's go get some wine and cheese we deserve it

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y’all some sensitive ass women. That’s not racist. If anything, they are showing love to the hip hop subculture in an advertisement. Perhaps they are trying to target a specific group..who knows... all i know is that it isn’t racist at all.

You same niggas that are crying racism would be angry if the bears were dressed up as heavy metal niggas while playing some rock guitar shit. You’d be crying racism because they are only advertising to cacs... niggas can’t win with you sensitive ass single mother raised, skinny jeans, cellphone in back pocket ass niggas. :hmm:

1*gWuzgkd8iLwxPjGg-7WXSQ.gif

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
What the fuck did I just watch? Anyways...that shit is stupid. Wouldnt say racist. Wonder if they know that they sampled a weed song though?

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unfortunately it is.

I agree with mark115.

The "lingo" and "cool bears" shit was pushing it but tolerable, but the dread and fro example were wayyy overboard.

This is why...

Hairstyles are linked to ethnic/culture groups and for someone reason, pinks, (as well as other groups) have a very serious problem with how the hair grows out of our heads.

So fuck this company

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i dont see racism, i see soemone tryin creatively btu doenst quite hti the mark CORNY ? yes racist ? no

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i dont see racism, i see soemone tryin creatively btu doenst quite hti the mark CORNY ? yes racist ? no

Bruh, imagine an advert with rats or something with "epicanthic eye folds" doing karate.

The karate part would be similar to the "coolness" of the rapping bears but the use of epicanthic eye folds would be over the top just like the fro or locked hair.

Epicanthic eye folds, like afros or dreadlocks, are ethnic identifiers that have been used in the past by racist media outlets to degrade people for what they are born as.

Last edited:

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The appropriation of black culture for economic gain. Shit is terrible.

This is not an example of culture appropriation. Hip Hop is global and is the most popular music on the planet. Our problem is that we have not taken ownership of it properly.

This commercial does place "hip hop" in the same categories as some hairstyles that have absolutely nothing to do with hip hop though. Brothas have been rocking fros and locks for thousands of years.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
This is not an example of culture appropriation. Hip Hop is global and is the most popular music on the planet. Our problem is that we have not taken ownership of it properly.

This commercial does place "hip hop" in the same categories as some hairstyles that have absolutely nothing to do with hip hop though. Brothas have been rocking fros and locks for thousands of years.

Ok, ask yourself this. Who invented hip-hop? Who wears an afro w/ an afro pick? Who wears locs? Miss me w/ that bullshit.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, imagine an advert with rats or something with "epicanthic eye folds" doing karate.

The karate part would be similar to the "coolness" of the rapping bears but the use of epicanthic eye folds would be over the top just like the fro or locked hair.

Epicanthic eye folds, like afros or dreadlocks, are ethnic identifiers that have been used in the past by racist media outlets to degrade people for what they are born as.

So ninja turtles are racist?

A company trying to sell a product to a particular market is trying to degrade ?

No they were trying to be cool and market to young people who are down with a particular lifestyle. .

Some of the answers in this thread come off as some have been hurt and emotionally ctipplef

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remember that British people have a different sense of humor and for them to be funny to a lot of Americans they damnnear has to be offensive .

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
They're making a mockery of black culture to sell their products to white consumers who also like to steal from black culture and goofy ass niggas who go along with it like "HEY! I know that song! I know a guy with dreads! Muller knows what's up!"

This is yet another example of the fucked up capitalistic system/society we live in.

Black people are the driving force of the creativity of Hip-Hop. But white people in suits make the most money off of it because they capitalize off the fact that because Hip-Hop is so diverse and undeniable, that you can pretty much use it to market shit to damn near everybody. But the creative people don't get SHIT.

They probably gave the Luniz chump change for that song compared to the millions Muller will make advertising with this commercial.

Is it racist? Yes. FUCKING YES.

Because the characters are based off stereotypes. Stereotypes are the spawn of racism. They got a fucking bear with a high-top fade, spinning a basketball. They haven't changed the generic basketball player stereotype since the 90's? How many NBA players today look like a 90's basketball player stereotype?

Stereotypes come from racism. That's why every lone main black cartoon character in TV show history is either good at sports, singing, rapping, fashion or dancing. Never the smart guy or the leader, nah, he's gotta be the cool, hypersexual, athletic type because that's all they want us to be.

Just imagine this exact same commercial, but instead of bears, it's black people. The same with the Kia commercial. Niggas wouldn't have no problems calling that shit racism. That's WHY they used bears. The bears were used as a pacifier for any cries of racism.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor

Somebody said this is "showing love?"

"Breakdancing school?" Yeah, because we learned how to breakdance in schools. Our parents paid tuition and shit so we can learn how to dance like Crazy Legs and shit because that makes so much fucking money on the streets.

"Where I learnt?"

"Acapella rap?" You mean, a cypher? They don't even know what cypher means, but they showing love to Hip-Hop?

And of course, we all know a fake dread who dress like the Planter's Peanuts guy because that's SO fucking Hip-Hop.