Is it possible to get a PS5 or Xbox Series X?

cocodc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nope.. i tried last half of last year and i gave up.. they have daily releases in which you will be fighting the whole country for like 5 units and shit.... super annoying. I been trying to get both of those and no luck.. I refuses to pay for a membership to any of these stores JUST for the CHANCE to get buy a unit. capitalism at its worst.

Ill wait even it its years before i pay over retail price or for a stupid ass bundle i dont need.

There are or were chip shortages.. but now they are just using that excuse to keep prices high and sell you shit you dont need with the units.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
nope.. i tried last half of last year and i gave up.. they have daily releases in which you will be fighting the whole country for like 5 units and shit.... super annoying. I been trying to get both of those and no luck.. I refuses to pay for a membership to any of these stores JUST for the CHANCE to get buy a unit. capitalism at its worst.

Ill wait even it its years before i pay over retail price or for a stupid ass bundle i dont need.

There are or were chip shortages.. but now they are just using that excuse to keep prices high and sell you shit you dont need with the units.

this

balls deep

Star
BGOL Investor
I was finally able to order the PS5 from Walmart last week. It should be here tomorrow, hopefully. I signed up for the Walmart plus service to get first look options. As soon as the suckers gets here, I am cancelling that service.

MICROJUBEI

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got 2, a digital and disc ps5. I suggest following wario64 on Twitter, he posts about 30 minutes before they go live. Thru his posts, I was able to get both of mine from bestbuy. A friend got hers thru target, beware target will drop early AM, like 2/3am. Of course these are online purchase options.

If you want in store options, I see xbox series S on store shelves alot, so you may find one at a random store visit. Also best buy and gamestop have been doing in store sales, some have bundles, some are just the consoles.

If you go in-store purchase, be prepared to by a bundle, get to the store about a day to a day and a half early, and be ready to camp out.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Last edited:

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My productivity is the reason that I can afford the free time to play games
You bitch nigga you

Wow destroyed

It's hard to get a PS5 without getting a bundle or paying extra. I been trying to get a second one for months cuz we can't just have one system in the house with 4 gamers. I ended getting the Xbox series S to hold us over. The Walmarts in Tampa seem to always have Xboxes S and X

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I saw you could get the new Xbox thru Microsoft in a bundle type deal with their game pass service

You pay like 50 or 60 dollars a month and that got you the system and game pass. I don't know if they're still running that special but I will be looking into it in a few months

jroc007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ordered a second Xbox series x the other day...but I cancelled it and I got an Xbox series s. They are pretty easy to get now...

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow destroyed

It's hard to get a PS5 without getting a bundle or paying extra. I been trying to get a second one for months cuz we can't just have one system in the house with 4 gamers. I ended getting the Xbox series S to hold us over. The Walmarts in Tampa seem to always have Xboxes S and X
Amazon has Xbox series s for $299 and same day delivery

Last edited:

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
PlayStation sent me an email a few months ago with a link and a day. I clicked, and got one. :dunno:
Kids love it, friends want to come play on it but that ain’t happening.

Are they still sending out invites to buy?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I understand the frustration

The main ps5 thread lead me to the registration link directly through Sony

I'm just waiting on that

I have no hope

But if I get it before Christmas of this year I'll consider it a win

I just cannot pay over retail for this

I refuse.

Especially when I'm still confused which version I'm supposed to get.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
PlayStation sent me an email a few months ago with a link and a day. I clicked, and got one. :dunno:

How long did you wait for the email?

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This is what I did. It will be a cold day in hell before I pay some inflated price for a game console. I was resigned to just waiting for the PS 8 or 9 to come out, but you can actually go to sony's website and register to buy a PS5.

They tell you when you register; " one per household and you'll know its time when we get back to you"... it took about 6 weeks before I got my invite- they sent a special link that took me to the place to purchase. I put some friends up on it and it took them 2-3 weeks.

the link on Sony's site to register comes and goes, it's up sometimes, then goes down for a while. ( likely as their supply increases or decreases) Just google something like "register to buy ps5 from sony" and you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How long did you wait for the email?
I don’t even remember registering. I thought they were just sending them to psp subscribers. I guess I just got lucky.

looks like they still do it

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don’t even remember registering. I thought they were just sending them to psp subscribers. I guess I just got lucky.

looks like they still do it

Register for a link to buy

Yup that's what I did awhile back

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
My productivity is the reason that I can afford the free time to play games
You bitch nigga you

oh-damn.gif