Is anyone starting to feel a little sorry for the cops involved?

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I try think ....is there any way i would have just stood by and not stopped my partner.....

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hell naww.....touch a stove and watch yourself get burn...they just didnt know in the process what the out come was going to be
when they are always so comfortable doing it....

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not in the least. That "there are many good cops" narrative is bullshit. If you're a good cop you would be outing racists in your department on the reg.

By the very nature of the job most are quickly corrupted...even if they start off with genuinely good intentions..the righteous few tend to be quickly marginalized/fired/quit or worse.

SU6QjZj.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
By the very nature of the job most are quickly corrupted...even if they start off with genuinely good intentions..the righteous few tend to be quickly marginalized/fired/quit or worse.

It's not the nature of the job, it's the culture of the job. When cops decided the best (read: easiest and most profitable) way to police was to assume everybody was a crook it was game over. For example: instead of trying to assess and help, it's easier to just assume everybody is guilty and then calculate what they can get out of the situation; be it money, goods, or promotion.

Van Allen

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I tend to be forgiving of human flaws. But here...:smh:...You know how long 8 minutes is? They were supposed to be arresting him. They are trained. They may as well....:suicide:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I try think ....is there any way i would have just stood by and not stopped my partner.....

Yes you would have stood by. Because stopping your partner would have ensured that neither he nor any other cop on the force would ever have your back. In fact, they could set you up for a "tragic accident."

Even worse, suppose you stopped him and George Floyd escaped custody. This, unlike murder, would have tarnished your reputation where no other police force would ever hire you again.

There's a good reason that only former cops talk about police misconduct.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see on the news that their turning on each other,making statements against one another.which helps

I don't feel sorry for none of them and never will and that goes for motherfuckers from the past and the future.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Yes you would have stood by. Because stopping your partner would have ensured that neither he nor any other cop on the force would ever have your back. In fact, they could set you up for a "tragic accident."

Even worse, suppose you stopped him and George Floyd escaped custody. This, unlike murder, would have tarnished your reputation where no other police force would ever hire you again.

He was already cuffed and subdued. He wasn't going nowhere.

JTIMMY

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

I bet they wish they would have done something different now............fuck em...........