Iron Mike's back... exhibition bout with ROY JONES JR on Sept 12.... now postponed to Nov 28

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Refs never call that shit if it's your fault and it's just behind the ear, jake/logan (whatever the fuck) did nothing dirty, Nate just didn't know what the fuck he was doing and turned right into it.

Fury hit Wilder in the back of the head twice causing two knockdowns in their 2nd fight.

It wasn’t called and Wilder also turned into it. It happens in lots of fights and has nothing to do with experience.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Fury hit Wilder in the back of the head twice causing two knockdowns in their 2nd fight.

It wasn’t called and Wilder also turned into it. It happens in lots of fights and has nothing to do with experience.
For sure, it happens in pro fights. I was just saying it prob didn't help that he was running around akwardly like a chicken with his head cut off, didn't help lol

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Did you see how overmatched Gatti was against Mayweather? Do you believe he didn't give his all in training because he was badly beaten? You have no idea how hard he trained, youtube guy was just a better fighter. Mike Tyson and Bruce Seldon were professional fighters and world champions but Robinson showed more heart in that fight than Tyson did in the second Holyfield fight and Seldon in his fight with Tyson.
Training hard and having heart mean nothing if you don't have discipline. You can't tell me you watched Nate and saw any semblance of boxing fundamentals. No gym in the world teaches you to run full speed at your opponents leading with your face.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Training hard and having heart mean nothing if you don't have discipline. You can't tell me you watched Nate and saw any semblance of boxing fundamentals. No gym in the world teaches you to run full speed at your opponents leading with your face.
Robinson looked like a novice boxer fighter a boxer with some experience, it's as simple as that.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-2.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-7.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-10.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-11.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-12.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-16.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-18.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-19.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-23.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-24.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-27.jpg

mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-29.jpg

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let them know...at his peak, Roy was in the conversation as greatest of all time....what a boxer...getting caught against Tarver fucked with his head and he was never the same but he still could be arguably the greatest talent in the history of the sport
He is the greatest TALENT... period..brah
I would say that he was the greatest fighter of his generation and the most physically gifted fighter that I know of.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let them know...at his peak, Roy was in the conversation as greatest of all time....what a boxer...getting caught against Tarver fucked with his head and he was never the same but he still could be arguably the greatest talent in the history of the sport
I think the issue was Roy never adapted. As his speed diminished, he never adjusted his style. He was able to dodge punches at an elite level until his speed started to diminish.

Fighting with your hands down caught up with him. If he had developed a defensive style, I am not sure he looses

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think the issue was Roy never adapted. As his speed diminished, he never adjusted his style. He was able to dodge punches at an elite level until his speed started to diminish.

Fighting with your hands down caught up with him. If he had developed a defensive style, I am not sure he looses
I have read some stuff from people who I respect who say Roy's physical speed was fine and that it was his confidence that was shaken and he begun second guessing himself...and thus his mental quickness declined and he began getting caught...they say there were glimpses after Tarver where you could see it was the same old fast Roy
Obviously people get slower with age but their opinion seems to be that it was more mental

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I have read some stuff from people who I respect who say Roy's physical speed was fine and that it was his confidence that was shaken and he begun second guessing himself...and thus his mental quickness declined and he began getting caught...they say there were glimpses after Tarver where you could see it was the same old fast Roy
Obviously people get slower with age but their opinion seems to be that it was more mental
I think it was mostly age. With age comes the lower punch resistance, it happens to everybody. I never thought Roy had a weak chin until he got knocked out. He rarely got hit flushed but when he did, he never showed a bad chin. They only time I thought he was wobbled was in the first fight with Tarver and he hid it pretty well. Roy was never a fundamental fighter so when the speed and reactions declined, he had nothing to fall back on. One thing about Roy was at the later stages of his career, he didn't do road work. It was too painful on his knees but he continued to play basketball. They're not the same thing.

I don't think the move up to heavyweight helped him at all. I think it quickened his demise.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend