I lost my wife this morning

madgoose

International
International Member
Damn man, I feel for you!

I hope you can take some comfort knowing you were with her to her last.

Stay up, you got some work to do in front of you for those kids, they must feel numb right now.

Peace bro!

sheppettybone

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I am truly sorry for your loss. The hardest human pain to overcome is grief. I watched my elderly mom transition in front of me a year ago and it still hurts. Embrace your fond memories, and keep a positive focus on and around those babies.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
sorry to hear prayers to u and the fam

I appreciate that, but it happens. Every marriage ends in one of two ways and both of them are horrible.

All you can do is enjoy your lady while you have her and be prepared for the day that you don't. Knowing that you'll never be completely ready when it happens.

Understand and accept that the moment she hit the ground your entire life changed. You can pick the direction but you can't stand still.

I hate to say it, but you can no longer trust your extended family. Most of them just put up with your ass to make her happy.

You can't trust her friends either. They were the first ones she called every time you were being an asshole and they've been telling her to break up with you for years.

Mutual friends will usually be sincere and supportive, but eventually you might realize "I really don't like these people." They might realize the same thing about you.

Your best bet are single friends that you only see a few times a year. Reconnect and spend some time in their world. Listen to new music, develop new hobbies, become the architect of your existence.

You'll often wonder if you're making any real progress or healing properly. The best way to know is when you run into an old acquaintance and they complain that you've changed.

They're right!

You've changed from somebody who couldn't handle your wife being dead to somebody who can. You are now the product of whatever you did to get from there to now in the smallest number of pieces.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Condolences. And sincere sorry for your loss.

I know must of us don't know each other in real life but this place still has a brethren feel to it.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No words sir. Fall on your knees and ask for strength from above to keep going for your young ones. It’s the best way to honor her. Stay strong. Heart goes out to you

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry my brother.
I am VERY sorry for your loss.
God is with you. Just hold your head.
Keep it together for the kids.

I know it's difficult.​

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry for your loss...
Be strong.
had a similar situation but I was able to resuscitate my wife and she was in a coma for a bit, but survived. Get some therapy and don't stop. You will never be the same, but you gotta address the trauma as a family because healing is everything and don't break embarrassed about reaching out to people even if they don't want to hear it. Don't suffer in silence .it will affect your entire family. Keep your head up. PTSD is real.

CrucialOne

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My condolences. Grieve your way and don’t let anyone tell you how you’re suppose to feel. Make sure to honor your wife and remind your children what kind of woman she was.

Last edited:

BEAR167

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My sincerest condolences and prayers of comfort to you and your children. You have to stay strong for them.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Fam as a single parent of 11 years I can say you have a great journey ahead of you. One that will bring you and your children closer together than ever before. Those replications of you and your wife are constant reminders of how much she is still here and lives on. I don't know your family situation but I suggest looking to older women of the family who are responsible for help with the baby. Finding good child care is on of the greatest stresses for parents. My heart goes out to you bro. Stay strong.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
My brother, your loss is felt. I wish you condolences and the strength to allow time to help you heal.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey what's up guys I don't post on here and if I do it's once every twelve blue moons but I lost my wife this morning please pray for me I've been on this message board for years and not posting she stopped breathing this morning and she died in my arms she had good health she was a big girl I'm the one with the the illnesses and she died in my arms right here in Georgia please pray for me I have three kids that I have to take care of now the 12 year old a nine-year-old and a 1 year old he didn't even get the chance to say mommy yet I don't know what to do got so many people putting their hands in the cookie pot ask me about insurance and if I need anything let them do this and let them do that
Brother, as you can see by the replies, you have a far-reaching extended family that's got their arms around you in your time of need. From offering condolences, to advice, to some even offering to being that listening ear, you have a whole support system here, fam. And that's what this group is all about, imo. We clown each other, joke and post some crazy shit, but we're still our brother's keeper in the end. My sincerest condolences.

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor
I am so sorry to hear about this, man. I am thankful that your children have you in their lives- you are going to make it, and so will they. My condolences, brother.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I'm sorry for your loss. You have my condolences and prayers for your family.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I'm trying to put myself in your situation but I can't do it for long because it's too devastating of a thought. :(

It's easy to say but you now have to be strong for the kids AND yourself. Just like someone else said.... let them tears fall, and just know that your kids need you right now.

Stay strong my brother.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Once things settle down, you need to check to see what benefits your wife had from work, so that if there are any employer sponsored benefits you put in a claim. Please make sure you take a look at any retirement plans, and IRA as family members are going to swoop in out of nowhere, and take an inventory of bank accounts and investments. Also contact social security