Hydraulic turbine To be installed on ocean floors

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Man, nobody thinks anymore. Just put screens in front of the turbines. No fish, or sea animals will be harmed. Motherfuckers don't have no imagination or thoughts and shit no more.
Might work. They'd have to figure out the size of the mesh though. Debris could clog it up if too small.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, nobody thinks anymore. Just put screens in front of the turbines. No fish, or sea animals will be harmed. Motherfuckers don't have no imagination or thoughts and shit no more.

Screens or mesh would cut the productivity of the turbine by a large margin due to the interruption in momentum. I'm pretty sure the have something in place, but with what was shown, it just looks like something Captain Planet would start set trippin on.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Screens or mesh would cut the productivity of the turbine by a large margin due to the interruption in momentum. I'm pretty sure the have something in place, but with what was shown, it just looks like something Captain Planet would start set trippin on.
what about fans bruh?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Screens are still going to chum up small fish. All of this is dependent on where in the water column this is placed.

I personally have killed hundreds of fish, jellyfish etc with my ROV. We have screens on the thrusters sometimes but we still blend em up.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what about fans bruh?

Anything influenced by water current would be susceptible to interaction with turbine or a fan-type system. The end game is sound, but "so far" it looks environmentally irresponsible.

Just imagine the growth in shark and scavenger population..sheesh.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Anything influenced by water current would be susceptible to interaction with turbine or a fan-type system. The end game is sound, but "so far" it looks environmentally irresponsible.

Just imagine the growth in shark and scavenger population..sheesh.
They already do this and there is no environmental damage. Been doing it at least a decade.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
There are places in the ocean with incredible currents and very small amounts of marine life. The problem would be transferring the energy to the beach. You'd need a safe way to bump up the voltage to transmit it. We ramp up the voltage on our systems to 3100VAC for the motors and 1300 for the electronics just to go 3000 meters/10000 feet. That's less than 2 miles. Imagine a platform 10-20 miles offshore?