How Many of You Are STILL Working From Home? Remoters vs. Returners... It's Close

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They gave us an option to come in a day or two a week if we want to but I won't. There's a lot of people with families that use work as a way to get away from home and I get it. Being around my 4 year old nephew for more than a few hours accelerates my grey hair so I imagine having to deal with that 24 hours a day would drive some nuts. Damn near everyone that does go into the office has kids.

The good shit though? The little things you didn't think too much about before. No sitting in traffic. Spend WAY less on gas money. 2.5 hours a day I would've spent commuting to and from the office I know use half of to work out in the morning. After that, coffee and a joint. I actually get to cook breakfast now, FULL breakfast. And I eat out far less because I can just cook dinner for lunch and make enough for both. Slow cooker meals have become go to's to save kitchen time. Tires last longer... better yet... I rarely even more the car now unless i'm going to see my parents.

By the time 5pm rolls around now, I already have dinner done, house shit done and all I have to do is chill... which allows me to go to bed earlier. There's just too many benefits vs going in there and doing the whole fake good morning shit to niggas i don't give a fuck about just to be cordial.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
They gave us an option to come in a day or two a week if we want to but I won't. There's a lot of people with families that use work as a way to get away from home and I get it. Being around my 4 year old nephew for more than a few hours accelerates my grey hair so I imagine having to deal with that 24 hours a day would drive some nuts. Damn near everyone that does go into the office has kids.

The good shit though? The little things you didn't think too much about before. No sitting in traffic. Spend WAY less on gas money. 2.5 hours a day I would've spent commuting to and from the office I know use half of to work out in the morning. After that, coffee and a joint. I actually get to cook breakfast now, FULL breakfast. And I eat out far less because I can just cook dinner for lunch and make enough for both. Slow cooker meals have become go to's to save kitchen time. Tires last longer... better yet... I rarely even more the car now unless i'm going to see my parents.

By the time 5pm rolls around now, I already have dinner done, house shit done and all I have to do is chill... which allows me to go to bed earlier. There's just too many benefits vs going in there and doing the whole fake good morning shit to niggas i don't give a fuck about just to be cordial.

The fake good morning shit! :lol:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Going back to the office in November one day of our choosing a week, but mandatory on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

I barely drive my car these days unless I'm going out of town. Might see if I can just drive to work on Mondays and keep the car there until Saturday morning when I make my Costco and Walmart runs.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

You can also write off utilities when filing taxes correct?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We have to wear masks in common areas but not when sitting at our desks working. Yet we all breathing recycled air (corporate office building).

I might try to get a medical exemption to continue working from home

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
We have to wear masks in common areas but not when sitting at our desks working. Yet we all breathing recycled air (corporate office building).

I might try to get a medical exemption to continue working from home

We're due back the 2nd week of Nov. and I think we'll be in the same situation (DOUBLE-masked up everywhere except your personal area or office). So that's gonna be interesting. I'm good with doing whatever is nec. to coexist, but at the same time if we can WFH and be more comfortable and safe then we should.

They say we can WFH 50% of the time so I def plan on taking advantage of that. Those office days already sound like they gonna suck though. I plan on going in for an hour or two one of these weekends to make sure my space hasn't overgrown with dust and weeds..

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I repeat...
0560e5c2bd40e17b78a7f8d2ed1b73a9.gif

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
still at home
been home since March 2020

the expectation is that we'll return to the office with a new hybrid approach starting in early 2022 (1-2 days in the office and rest of the week virtual)

I live NJ and work in the city

not looking forward to the commute but looking forward to getting out the house more and adapting to new normal

Last edited:

cocodc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i woke up this morning and my first thought was like damn i dont feel like going to work.... WTF.. then i thought i have been working from home for almost 2 years... and now i DONT EVEN WANT TO WALK TO MY Office in my house..LOL..... and i literally dont do that much...lol
:lol: :lol:
Its going to be an adjustment if i have to go back to say the least..

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
still at home
been home since March 2020

the expectation is that we'll return to the office with a new hybrid approach starting in early 2022 (1-2 days in the office and rest of the week virtual)

I live NJ and work in the city

not looking forward to the commute but looking forward to getting out the house more and adapting to new normal

That NJ to NY commute ain't no joke. Depending on where you specifically live and work. It can be a four commute day in total, from door to desk and then desk to door. UGH!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Workng hybrid 2 days home 3in office

I was wanting to the same. We go back next Mon, I can basically work my schedule out between myself and one other dude... but to start out it looks like we're gonna alternate one week in office, next week WFH at least for this month.

In Dec., I may push for my M & Th WFH every week like I wanted initially tho..

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Reading the responses in this thread, I realize that there are 2 viewpoints on working from home. On the news, you always hear about people complaining about working from home, missing the interaction with people, becoming depressed, etc.

Here, everybody's happy about working from home - and they don't want to go back to their offices. In fact, they're not looking forward to the day when they start working at an office again.

I wonder what the difference is?

Personally, I've had to still go in every day. I wish I could stay home. I would love it.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Reading the responses in this thread, I realize that there are 2 viewpoints on working from home. On the news, you always hear about people complaining about working from home, missing the interaction with people, becoming depressed, etc.

Here, everybody's happy about working from home - and they don't want to go back to their offices. In fact, they're not looking forward to the day when they start working at an office again.

Personally, I've had to still go in every day. I wish I could stay home. I would love it.
I think one of the reasons folks on bgol like working from home is because a lot of us are older. Having a one hour commute to work and another one hour home can take a toll on you. Dealing with traffic can be stressful just to go into work and deal with another stressful situation. A lot of folks here have families and working from home allows you to take better care of your family and yourself. You have more time to workout, read, and prepare and make your own meals. That 2 to 3 you save from commuting can be used better by helping you take care of your family needs as well as yourself.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

I think one of the reasons folks on bgol like working from home is because a lot of us are older. Having a one hour commute to work and another one hour home can take a toll on you. Dealing with traffic can be stressful just to go into work and deal with another stressful situation. A lot of folks here have families and working from home allows you to take better care of your family and yourself. You have more time to workout, read, and prepare and make your own meals. That 2 to 3 you save from commuting can be used better by helping you take care of your family needs as well as yourself.

on my team there at work there are around 12 ppl
5 or so relatively young (fresh outta school, 1st job, live in the city) the rest of the team older, family, live in the burbs

the younger crew wanted to come to work ASAP
the older crew want to wait til the last mintue

there are certain factors like the younger ppl having shorter commutes, living crapped quarters and wanting the 1st work experience
but the older crew lives farther and there isnt the novelty of being in the city or hanging out after work

I like my team but I wouldnt miss a beat if I never saw them ever again in person

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
We're staffed 24-7 and have to be there in person, so unfortunately no WFH option.

Thankfully the staffing and clientele numbers are low in general, and many safety measures are in place. Lots of available cleaning supplies & PPE gear.

I don't miss the days of the early to mid-2000s being in environments with 3 - 5x the number of people and responsibilities (for less pay and benefits). There was plenty of burnout in those environments ... luckily was only doing oncall & temp' FT back in that stretch and knew I wouldn't be there long-term.

Current employer is stable. All of our regular staffing have been there 10 - 20 years as PT & FT. The commute is just over 20 mins.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The drive to work and home can take it's toll on you. It definitely did with me. Add to it the bullshit I have to deal with at work - plus a shitload of drama at home - is draining to the point where I rented a room near the places I need to go to at work. I go "home" on the weekends. It can be constraining, because I am in someone else's home, but the shorter commutes - and having to deal with less drama at home - have been helpful. Not to mention the peace of mind that can come with solitude. Consider yourself blessed if you have a short commute, minimal drama at work, and a peaceful and clean place that's yours to come home to after a tough day. Also consider yourself blessed if you have a comfortable place to stay at home so that you can be efficient at work and not lose your mind at home.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hell no. They're not talk about making it permanent. I'm working from home right now and the department head is hell-bent on sending us back. He can't fucking wait

This motherfucker said, because you guys have been so great during the tele work period, we are going to bump up telework to 4 days per pay period when everything goes back to normal and we can bring you all back in to the office (we are all now working telework 10 days a pay period)

We might have to do hotdesking (fucking gross, having some strange fucker sitting at my desk the day before I get there. Who knows if they wash or smoke (yuk) OR if they just go around touching everything in sight like a fucking toddler or worse are one of those Republican Covid19 deniers

Oh, by the way do you guys know about the mouse Jiggler? You plug it into your laptop and your computer never goes to sleep so when you're working from home you don't have to be on your computer the whole time

I used to use my cell phone as a mouse shaker, but this is nice

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
The drive to work and home can take it's toll on you. It definitely did with me. Add to it the bullshit I have to deal with at work - plus a shitload of drama at home - is draining to the point where I rented a room near the places I need to go to at work. I go "home" on the weekends. It can be constraining, because I am in someone else's home, but the shorter commutes - and having to deal with less drama at home - have been helpful. Not to mention the peace of mind that can come with solitude. Consider yourself blessed if you have a short commute, minimal drama at work, and a peaceful and clean place that's yours to come home to after a tough day. Also consider yourself blessed if you have a comfortable place to stay at home so that you can be efficient at work and not lose your mind at home.

Sounds like you're surrounded by stress my brother. Seems like you're managing it well. Power and Peace to you mayne.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Cause tv/media always has an agenda.. they are part of the machine.. the machine is capitalistic society.. big biz is part of that machine.. they want humans to keep busting their ass to generate money for big biz.. so of course they gonna push people aren’t happy not busting their ass for big biz..that they are miserable working from home.. they’ve already try push negative about how people are being lazy not going back to shitty work environments or tolerating low pay wages.. they pushing how big biz is suffering due to lazy people not helping the machine make record profits while not compensating the 9-5 workers on all the new wealth they achieve.. always know the news is pro machine.. always peep the animosity towards employees trying to better themselves or living in less stress environments

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We have had the OPTION to go into the office, but every other week we get someone else visiting bringing COVID into the office. So I have just been going in every now and then.