History made: Ford GT from M2kmotorsports clock a 300.4 mile @ the TexasMile

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This Ford GT just did 300mph
Give this man a biscuit. 2,500-odd bhp Ford GT hits 300mph...in a MILE
Tom Harrison
25 Mar 2019
Welcome, everyone, to one of the fastest cars in the world. At least over a standing mile. M2K Motorsport’s 2006 Ford GT broke the 300mph barrier on the last of its three runs at a standing-mile event at Texas’s Victoria Regional Airport last weekend, hitting 300.4mph before deploying its parachute and hitting the brakes. Presumably very hard indeed.

For a bit of context, a really very fast Bugatti Chiron requires almost three miles to hit its limited top-speed of 261mph.

Admittedly M2K’s GT is far from factory-fresh. The engine itself may based around the GT’s standard 5.4-litre V8 (those were the days), but it’s been extensively modified with a couple of turbos and much besides.

We don’t know how much power it was making for its record-breaking 300mph run, but a story from a few years ago (when the GT could ‘only’ hit 280mph or so over the same distance), puts it at way over 2,035bhp - the most the dyno it was tested on could measure. M2K said it was more like 2,500bhp, running 45psi of boost. Today? Who knows. There can’t be a machine on this earth capable of measuring such a vast amount of power.

Oh, and apparently it’s still road-legal. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Bugatti, Koenigsegg and Hennessey et al.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny because all the qtr mile vids I watch look like they don’t be moving at all until you see that shit live....

I’ve had cars fly pass me on the track and rattle my rib cage
174 looked more like 100.....

I've seen some. Shit. hauling ass.... But street racing 1/8 & 1/4 mile

That shit is other worldly

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Geeezzus that car was moving. What's the 0-60?

This might give you an idea....guess you can subtract something off that number

The M2K Motorsport Ford GT record-breaking car is based on top of the 2006 Ford GT. That one is powered by a 5.4-liter, V-8 with 550 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque. Enough for acceleration to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 205 mph. That same car could reach 150 mph in 17 seconds and run a quarter mile in 11.2 seconds at 131 mph.