HBO's Westworld (Official) Season 4 discussion thread (Full trailer 6/16/22) drops 6/26/22

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It was a beautiful arrangement...poor Kanye (sigh.)

Why is it all musical geniuses have such issues?

Also, I don't know if I really "got" any hints from the promo. But, Westworld is the type of show where they could show you almost every scene from the second season and you still have no idea how it's going to end lol
f425d036639e74d3996b47ad121bdc7c.398x223x20.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
red band trailer:
https://www.discoverwestworld.com/ourworld/

Westworld Is One of Six Parks, and Here's a Peek at the Next One

oll7qajfts8rjiipj6to.png

As of now, Westworld is the only theme park that actually works (and technically it’s not at 100 percent, post-season finale), but we also see what’s potentially the first shots of the Japanese-inspired park known currently as “S World,” which likely means Samurai World, Shōgun World, or something similar. The first image is a look over a cityscape, seen above, while the other down below (which fades in and out on the website with a weird, glitchy visual) hints at some beautiful nature scenery. Whether either of these are stills from the upcoming season or stock footage remains to be seen, but it’s a good indicator of where the show’s headed.

Show creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have hinted that Medieval World and Roman World (depicted in Michael Crichton’s 1973 film)—or at least versions of them—could be coming in the future, which leaves the door open for Futureworld (as seen in the 1976 Richard T. Heffron sequel) as well. But what would the sixth one be? I saw some people theorizing on Reddit that it could be a closed-off secret park where the robots are trained to act like real people, to further some more nefarious purpose. This sounds pretty interesting, but it wouldn’t explain why Robert Ford, or even Charlotte Hale, would’ve wanted to sneak a robot out of Westworld so badly. Unless... they didn’t know about it.

l1u6eregyhskxzhluxnp.png

jvlzbw0jtzbeolkajbzs.png

http://delosdestinations.com/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It was a beautiful arrangement...poor Kanye (sigh.)

Why is it all musical geniuses have such issues?

Also, I don't know if I really "got" any hints from the promo. But, Westworld is the type of show where they could show you almost every scene from the second season and you still have no idea how it's going to end lol

The trailer is just window dressing... hell half the shit you see might not even exist.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Almost time for my biannual hbo go re-up.

I only reup for Westworld and Game of Thrones... any other HBO show watched in those periods is just frosting for the cake.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just came to point out that I started this thread on Jun 19, 2016....... That's how long it's been ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Westworld Creators Offer to Spoil All of Season 2 to Somehow Protect It From Being Spoiled

09-westworld.w190.h190.jpg

Depending on whom you ask, trying to figure out what will happen next on Westworld is either the most or least fun aspect of the show. So the show’s creators, Jonah Nolan and Lisa Joy, have (maybe jokingly) announced that they’re planning to offer to spoil the show for a few diehards in order to make it so the slightly-less-die-hard fans can enjoy the twists and turns in peace. As part of an AMA on Reddit, Nolan and Joy said that, because of the way people tend to report on online guesswork and anticipate twists, they’ll just share a video explaining what happens in season two — “Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front.” — and task fans to “help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler” for the rest of the population. The idea is apparently inspired by the way readers of the Song of Fire and Icebooks protected viewers of Game of Thrones from whatever lay ahead on the TV series. The creators promised to share said spoilerific Westworld video if the comment gets over 1,000 upvotes. We’re not saying this is all a marketing ploy (and we’ve reached out to HBO for confirmation), but if it is, it’s a pretty smart one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Evan Rachel Wood Will Receive Equal Pay for Westworld Season 3

Best not screw over Dolores, because she knows these violent delights have violent ends. HBO’s promise that it went back and fixed glaring pay disparities in all of its shows has now yielded a confirmed result, with Evan Rachel Wood speaking on record about how she’ll be receiving pay equal to her leading male counterparts on Westworld beginning with the third season. “I think I’m just now to the point where I’m getting paid the same as my male co-stars,” she explained in an interview with the Wrap, noting she’ll now be matched in pay with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris. “I was just told that, you know, ‘Hey, you’re getting equal pay.’ And I almost got emotional. I was like, ‘I have never been paid the same as my male counterparts … never, never.’ I’m always fighting for that. Westworld, it’s like, I get it a little more. It’s like, ‘Well, you’re Anthony Hopkins or Ed Harris.’ But I think now we’re all doing equal amounts of work and really hard work.”

Wood also noted how she believes HBO is being genuine with its initiative to identify and fix its various pay disparities, despite the requisite behind-the-scenes “politics” that plague network television. “There is a lot of trying to make things equal and trying to make things fair,” she explained. “This is the first time that somebody made a point of being like, ‘Hey you’re getting this. And you deserve it.’ And that was nice.” Earlier this month, HBO executive Casey Bloys said that the reasoning for its equal-pay push was a “direct result” of the #TimesUp movement and encouragement from Reese Witherspoon.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Evan Rachel Wood Will Receive Equal Pay for Westworld Season 3

Best not screw over Dolores, because she knows these violent delights have violent ends. HBO’s promise that it went back and fixed glaring pay disparities in all of its shows has now yielded a confirmed result, with Evan Rachel Wood speaking on record about how she’ll be receiving pay equal to her leading male counterparts on Westworld beginning with the third season. “I think I’m just now to the point where I’m getting paid the same as my male co-stars,” she explained in an interview with the Wrap, noting she’ll now be matched in pay with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris. “I was just told that, you know, ‘Hey, you’re getting equal pay.’ And I almost got emotional. I was like, ‘I have never been paid the same as my male counterparts … never, never.’ I’m always fighting for that. Westworld, it’s like, I get it a little more. It’s like, ‘Well, you’re Anthony Hopkins or Ed Harris.’ But I think now we’re all doing equal amounts of work and really hard work.”

Wood also noted how she believes HBO is being genuine with its initiative to identify and fix its various pay disparities, despite the requisite behind-the-scenes “politics” that plague network television. “There is a lot of trying to make things equal and trying to make things fair,” she explained. “This is the first time that somebody made a point of being like, ‘Hey you’re getting this. And you deserve it.’ And that was nice.” Earlier this month, HBO executive Casey Bloys said that the reasoning for its equal-pay push was a “direct result” of the #TimesUp movement and encouragement from Reese Witherspoon.
so now I bet the only pay gap will be black....

images

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
so now I bet the only pay gap will be black....

images

this is a VERY interesting development

I wonder if now

ALL of these NFL contracts will be like sports contracts now?

public record?

complete transparency?

I think actually Black women especially will actually benefit from this

(also wish this was done when the Wire was on the air)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
this is a VERY interesting development

I wonder if now

ALL of these NFL contracts will be like sports contracts now?

public record?

complete transparency?

I think actually Black women especially will actually benefit from this

(also wish this was done when the Wire was on the air)
:smh:
nothing you posted will happen in the near future if ever

there are many false narratives about pay gaps

the pay gap in entertainment is mostly based on 2 criteria...
How large of an (paying) audience can x actor / entertainer attract to a project
and x historical earnings

for that reason there will always be a pay gap, and its why the Wire cast would still not get a pay bump today
Its the reason why most white female actresses will still be paid less and minority actors of both sexes will continue to earn less.

The only way Anthony Hopkins is putting in similar screen time as Evan Rachel Wood for same the pay is if he waves his quote. In Season 1 Hopkins was highest paid but had the least screen time of all the leads - but his name made the Westworld must see for many of the initial viewers. HBO banked on that

I expect him to have much much less screen time in future, and thanks to generous word of mouth the show is no longer counting on his name or Ed Harris' to draw viewers.

So it doesn't hurt HBO to pay the key actress more on a runaway hit - but are they going to be fair with Jeffrey and Thandie?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:smh:
nothing you posted will happen in the near future if ever

there are many false narratives about pay gaps

the pay gap in entertainment is mostly based on 2 criteria...
How large of an (paying) audience can x actor / entertainer attract to a project
and x historical earnings

for that reason there will always be a pay gap, and its why the Wire cast would still not get a pay bump today
Its the reason why most white female actresses will still be paid less and minority actors of both sexes will continue to earn less.

The only way Anthony Hopkins is putting in similar screen time as Evan Rachel Wood for same the pay is if he waves his quote. In Season 1 Hopkins was highest paid but had the least screen time of all the leads - but his name made the Westworld must see for many of the initial viewers. HBO banked on that

I expect him to have much much less screen time in future, and thanks to generous word of mouth the show is no longer counting on his name or Ed Harris' to draw viewers.

So it doesn't hurt HBO to pay the key actress more on a runaway hit - but are they going to be fair with Jeffrey and Thandie?

damn good points

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just Reupped My HBONOW pass for this...

and I'm going to fire up the Season finale to refresh my my mind..... It's been an extremely long time. What has it been over a year... since Season 1.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Just Reupped My HBONOW pass for this...

and I'm going to fire up the Season finale to refresh my my mind..... It's been an extremely long time. What has it been over a year... since Season 1.
Season 1 finale was December 4, 2016,