HBO's Westworld (Official) Season 4 discussion thread (Full trailer 6/16/22) drops 6/26/22

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I've never broken a bone nor do I get sick

1408.gif

Well by that logic I'm a host too, which would explain a LOT.
a whole lot.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
only have two issues with this show.

1. the 2 dumb ass techs
2. The guy who has been in West World for a couple hours and has fallen in love with a robot he hasn't even fucked yet, and is willing to give up everything for it.

Yeah that pretty much covers it for me also. It does require a huge leap to get behind this dumb ass weak writing.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
only have two issues with this show.

1. the 2 dumb ass techs
2. The guy who has been in West World for a couple hours and has fallen in love with a robot he hasn't even fucked yet, and is willing to give up everything for it.

1 techs aren't stupid. they're following directives
2. he fell in love because he discovered himself for the 1st time. his brother in law told him a million times he'd discover who he truly was in there. and he did.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
My plain now that all of these shows are at their winter finale is to go back and rewatch every episode to look for clues on a couple theories that I have but I need some proof to support them.....

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Westworld is HBO's Most Watched Season 1 Original Series Ever

We've steadily told TV fans why they should be watching HBO's Westworld, and now we can officially say that if you're not already on the train, it's leaving the station and headed toward being the next big thing, without you.

Since HBO renewed Westworld for season 2 before season 1 ever ended, it was clear that the series (adapted from the Michael Crichton 1973 movie) had come out of the gate strong. Now however, it has earned a new milestone: Westworld is HBO's most watched first season of an original series, ever.

Deadline reports that Westworld's season 1 finale drew in 2.2 million viewers; about 3.6 million with HBO GO and HBO Now streaming services factored in. Those are solid increases in viewership, and the report notes that Westworld has actually helped HBO's streaming services gain subscribers.

The show's total is about 12 million viewers across all platforms, making it the record holder for most watched first season of HBO original series.

That list includes current TV juggernaut Game of Thrones, and already the show has Golden Globe nominations and other awards considerations starting to flow its way. That should be any indication to anyone still doubting that Westworld is on the verge of being THE next big HBO/pop-culture hit.

With the long wait until Westworld season 2 arrives in 2018, viewers should start catching up NOW on season 1.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/16/westworld-hbo-most-watched-first-season-1-ever/

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has this disappeared from everyone else's On Demand? I swear it was there a week ago but now it's like it never existed

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I finished this about two weeks ago. Would have never watched it if a coworker wouldn't have suggested it. Gonna go through this thread and see what the fam thought about it.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Westworld Creators Reveal Which Host Was the First to Use Free Will

The season finale of Westworld was ripe with twists and turns, even ones the vigilant Reddit forums didn’t anticipate. As everyone sits on their thumbs waiting for season 2, the show creators have confirmed which host was the first to exercise free will... and it might not be who you think.

One of the season’s most surprising twists was the moment Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) shot and killed Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins), the park’s co-creator and mastermind. Given how much of the season centered around Dolores as she gained self-awareness, you’d think this was the big moment of free will that the entire show had been building up to. But it turns out, it was actually Maeve. That’s right, Maeve exercised the show’s first act of free will when she chose to exit the train instead of continuing on her pre-programmed mission of “Mainland Infiltration.”

“I’ve been waiting for the message boards on Reddit to tell us,” Westworld co-creator Jonathan Nolan said during a panel at PaleyFest. “The way that we designed it and the way we shot it… that is really the first decision she’s ever made. For me, it’s a very emotional moment in the episode because you’re seeing the first free will.”

Maeve does this so she can look for her in-park daughter, who Felix tells her resides in “Park 1, Sector 15, Zone 3.” There are rumors this is Samurai World, which Nolan teased could be explored next season, although it’s possible there are other parks she could be in. Given the fandom’s tendency to dive into all of the show’s nuances and hints, right after the season 1 finale, someone on Reddit went to the Bible for the equivalent verse, which would be Genesis 15:3. The verse reads: “And Abram said, ‘You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.’” Damn, the show pretty much thinks of everything.

Nolan and co-creator Lisa Joy wouldn’t confirm whether Dolores had also exercised free will when she shot Ford (which happened right after Maeve’s train decision), adding “Isn’t it more fun to just guess?” However, given the fact that “Reveries” by Debussy was playing when Dolores shot him, the same song that was playing when she shot Arnold, all signs point to Dolores not being fully independent just yet. It’s actually kind of amazing when you think about it. Dolores was the center of the story, but right under our noses, another character was emerging as the true voice of robot independence. Westworld returns sometime in 2018