HBO series:His Dark Materials Discussion Thread

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I never saw the movie or read the books. I know there's several books so it's a big world that they have to introduce. I'll give it one or two more episodes to see if it catches me. I'm really give it the benefit of the doubt that James McAvoy wouldn't sign up for lame duck.
He performs well in this series but because it's a series, there are a number of episodes that he doesn't appear in while following the storyline. Hang in there rude_dog, it'll pay off in the long run...the "Oh shit!" and "Ain't that a bitch" moments are in there.

:giggle:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I recognize some of the scenes from the "Golden Compass"...I wish people gave that movie a chance...

I'm on the third episode, it's good so far...

I'm right behind you, i think its a little deep and rough for kids, but my oldest loves it. I'm a little bit lost but its very well acted and beautiful to look at.

Should i have watched the movie FIRST?

I heard only negative reviews when it dropped.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm right behind you, i think its a little deep and rough for kids, but my oldest loves it. I'm a little bit lost but its very well acted and beautiful to look at.

Should i have watched the movie FIRST?

I heard only negative reviews when it dropped.

The movie and show are similar but different. It's better to just watch the show since it's more detailed than the movie...

The only reason,I follow the show is because I saw the movie a million times and listened to the audio drama for the books along time ago.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
The movie and show are similar but different. It's better to just watch the show since it's more detailed than the movie...

The only reason,I follow the show is because I saw the movie a million times and listened to the audio drama for the books along time ago.
That was my inital response to the series...it went into a lot more detail than a 2hr movie could. I actually went back and watched the movie again after watching the first ep of season 1.

I'm looking forward to season 3. Season 2 seems short on episodes to me...it went by so quickly.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
That was my inital response to the series...it went into a lot more detail than a 2hr movie could. I actually went back and watched the movie again after watching the first ep of season 1.

I'm looking forward to season 3. Season 2 seems short on episodes to me...it went by so quickly.

I can see,why people were mad at the movie. They didn't finish the first book...lol

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I watched the movie but only watched the 1st ep of the show when it 1st came out and never got back to it, should i get back to this? just ended up getting caught up on too much other content

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I watched the movie but only watched the 1st ep of the show when it 1st came out and never got back to it, should i get back to this? just ended up getting caught up on too much other content
Yes, it'll be worth your while whenever you can find the time.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I might have to binge watch season 1 & 2 when season 3 is over. I forgot most of the story.
Just watch this folk it's the same difference.
389f2e38-5b0b-41f0-a82f-c4e40d401354_1.356dffdfe21f2c82a4d6421cea7d94df.jpeg

GUEST_8aac9639-9bbe-405b-ab04-498f1dbed468