HBO: Insecure -- Season 5 Official Discussion Thread (Final Season)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Insecure to End After Season 5
By Zoe Haylock@zoe_alliyah
Co-creator and star Issa Rae. Photo: HBO

cc9c499a1c93486fe1c201873050837dcd-insecure.rsquare.w330.jpg

All good things must come to an end … but please, no, not Insecure, not now! Issa Rae herself announced the end of her HBO comedy in a statement to Deadline, thanking fans for supporting her and co-producer Prentice Penny. Wait, we have more in us, girl! “Prentice and I are so grateful that HBO believed in our show from the beginning and kept faith in us to see our vision through the end,” the co-creator and star said. “We always planned to tell this story through five seasons, but we couldn’t have made it this far without the tremendous support of our audience. I feel blessed beyond measure to bring our characters’ stories to an end, on-screen at least.” The scripts for season five have been completed and the final season is slated to go into production later this month, per Deadline. Rae, Yvonne Orji, Jay Ellis, Natasha Rothwell, Amanda Seales, and Alexander Hodge all return for their characters’ last chance to get it together.

Based on Issa Rae’s web series Awkward Black Girl, Insecure followed the antics of Issa and her best friend, Molly (Orji). Season four was one of the few shows to spark joy last quaran-summer, as viewers got emotionally involved in Issa and Molly’s friendship (or lack thereof …) and romantic relationships (or lack thereof …). The show will return later this year, after which we’ll have to survive on the Insecure soundtracks.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
What happened to Atlanta?

That was literally the first thing I said when I saw this thread bumped. "Where TF is Atlanta!?"

Apparently, Atlanta's coming back this year at least. No date.

I also thought Insecure could've went 6, but I guess they should go ahead and wrap it up before it gets played.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand why they want to end the show that so successful like this (viewer fatigue). But I felt they could've squeezed an extra season out of this.

Steven DeKnight ended the Spartacus series with 4 seasons because usually the show loses steam the longer it goes (viewer fatigue) and he wanted it to end in its prime. A classic example is The Walking Dead.

Most shows goes through a decline in some shape or form.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I understand why they want to end the show that so successful like this (viewer fatigue). But I felt they could've squeezed an extra season out of this.

Steven DeKnight ended the Spartacus series with 4 seasons because usually the show loses steam the longer it goes (viewer fatigue) and he wanted it to end in its prime. A classic example is The Walking Dead.

Most shows goes through a decline in some shape or form.
Always end on a high note. It’s better to be missed that Mothafuckas wishing you weren’t always here.

and besides, you can watch girlfriends reruns if you’re bored.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Issa Rae is fojnc to be doing the voice acting for spider woman in into the spiderverse 2. I saw it on goid mod ing america the other day. I think she might be the future spider woman from the old man Logan series. She's the daughter of Hawkeye and Peter parkers daughter

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Issa Rae is fojnc to be doing the voice acting for spider woman in into the spiderverse 2. I saw it on goid mod ing america the other day. I think she might be the future spider woman from the old man Logan series. She's the daughter of Hawkeye and Peter parkers daughter
explain that last part to me again.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
explain that last part to me again.
Okay Peter Parker was in a relationship with a black woman. They had a go racial daughter. Hawkeye aka clint Barton got involved with Peter little girl and had a daughter. I for get her real name but her last name is Barton and she's not a hero mors like an assassin or dark vigilante. It happens in an altenate future or timeline. The world is allkinds of f*cked up. The hulk had kids and now there is a family of crazy inbred canniboe hulks the rule a whole state kingpin rukes asome territories I think magneto rukes anothe etc. Something that wopverine did in the past caused all the villians to get the uoperhand and kill off most of the heroes so now only Hawkeye and and elderly wolverine are left. Its a good read. Its xalled "old man logan" check ot out some ltime it's dope.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend